• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2 cutting edge LED DRL (Daytime Running Light) solutions for NSX purists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick,

Completed the type 2 install. Very high quality product. Thanks for calling with the advice on power connections. I will eventually connect the dimming circuit and I may even do the turn signal dimming feature down the road. Here is my install:

1) Driver mounted under hood below the fuse box.
2) power line through the firewall at existing electrical entrance behind glove box
3) power and ground connected at in cabin fuse box using add-a-circuit in fuse slot 3 (which happens to be the slot for Canadian DRLs.

I'm going to wire the dimming circuit to a factory console switch from SOS. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358109026.198896.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358109040.566616.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358109066.334031.jpg

^Looks awesome, thank you for your post and pictures!

We have inventory in stock and ready to ship in most cases so drop us a PM with any questions. We offer online tech support if needed as well.

Rick,

Completed the type 2 install. Very high quality product. Thanks for calling with the advice on power connections. I will eventually connect the dimming circuit and I may even do the turn signal dimming feature down the road. Here is my install:

1) Driver mounted under hood below the fuse box.
2) power line through the firewall at existing electrical entrance behind glove box
3) power and ground connected at in cabin fuse box using add-a-circuit in fuse slot 3 (which happens to be the slot for Canadian DRLs.

I'm going to wire the dimming circuit to a factory console switch from SOS. View attachment 96638View attachment 96639View attachment 96640

After a bit more research I discovered that on the interior fuse panel at the very top, Honda has 4 12v option accessory connection points that accept a 1/4 male connector. They are as follows:

C910 (rear-most): hot with running and headlights
C911 (second from rear): hot with ignition
C912 (second from front): hot all the time (i.e. battery)
C913 (front-most): hot with accessories.

So if anyone elects to go through the bulkhead like I did (not much trouble), you can connect the kit's red wire to C911 or C913 and the kit's blue wire to C910 if you want the LEDs to dim with headlights on. The turn signal relay is in the same vicinity so I'm going to experiment connecting the left/right dimming circuit as well

Another picture of the integrated setup for a customer:

E53C28B8-4541-4418-BB43-B17FD870AFA9-1529-00000169C6351F28.jpg

We have a couple 4-LED kits in stock ready to ship.

Expecting new shipment of 5-LED kits very soon. We also stock NA1 clear bumper lenses now so if you want to do the LED retrofit and don't want to have any down time this is perfect. All NA1 bumper lenses are bought from Acura dealer so 100% OEM quality parts are used.

thanks

Do you have a plug-and-play version of NSX OEM parking lights converted to LED? If so, please provide info, pics and prices.

Do you have a plug-and-play version of NSX OEM parking lights converted to LED? If so, please provide info, pics and prices.

We normally try to stock one pair of NA1 OEM bumper lense if you want to buy a new set to do the modification work but hard to keep in stock as a lot of people go this option. It's roughly $300 to buy a new set of lenses + cost of parts/labor.

All PM's replied, we can start work once we receive your lights and usually offer a 1-3 day turn-around time depending on our work load. This is the FASTEST SERVICE ever provided by a vendor and we are happy to accomodate most requests :)

Packages are going out today, thanks for the patience!

We have one set of OEM 91+ bumper lenses in stock for those who want an integrated option without sending in their own pieces for re-work.

thanks!

I might of missed this.. but how much does it cost to put LED in my 95 nsx parking lights?

You have PM but in general it takes us about 2-3 hours to do the retrofit work :)

I can't wait for mine to come back from your shop! So excited about installing them!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait for mine to come back from your shop! So excited about installing them!

e9ajubu2.jpg
enjoying Deal's Gap

We have one set of brand new 91-2001 Bumper lense in stock here for retrofit so no wait time! These are rare and hard to come by so for anyone who does not want to wait for turn-around time this is the perfect solution.

We can take your original bumper lense back for credit if you wish at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back