• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 NSX 86k miles $25k!!!!!! someone buy this now

link: http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/1197533150.html

Hey, I came across this 2001 black/black NSX with 86,000 miles. The owner Neil is asking $25k, which is a ridiculous deal.

Unfortunately I can't buy the car, but someone should. His number is: 805.720.9013

I gave him a call, and he has some people checking out the car today; I can't imagine it lasting long.

good luck!

I can't imagine that this is any kind of legitimate deal, unless the owner is in serious financial distress.

What's up with the ride height?

Last edited:
dang..something sounds a bit fishy about this, but if it's a legit deal than great find, but i'm sure the new owner will probably end up spending upwards to $5k+ to get the car tuned and running correctly. I would get that car PPI before any decision is made on purchasing.

Just an FYI, this car has been in an accident before. Possibly two, not sure why the second one wasn't reported.

11/23/2007 California
Police Report Accident reported

Not Reported California
Police Report
Reference #98254516119 Accident reported

Just an FYI, this car has been in an accident before. Possibly two, not sure why the second one wasn't reported.

11/23/2007 California
Police Report Accident reported

Not Reported California
Police Report
Reference #98254516119 Accident reported

does the carfax show multiple owners?

It shows it as being a one owner lease vehicle but in regards to the second accident as per Carfax "The date of this particular accident was not reported to CARFAX, but it likely occurred between May 2007 and May 2008."

Couple of years ago there was one in Austin that sold on Craigslist that seemed too good but wasn't! Some older gentleman had it (like a 94 model maybe) from new with VERY low miles. He just put it up for sale at the KBB value of like 21,000. I think it lasted half an hour maybe? Someone got a deal though!

Couple of years ago there was one in Austin that sold on Craigslist that seemed too good but wasn't! Some older gentleman had it (like a 94 model maybe) from new with VERY low miles. He just put it up for sale at the KBB value of like 21,000. I think it lasted half an hour maybe? Someone got a deal though!

This deal is not like that one.

here is a list of things which I am hanging up on.

The car is not in really good shape and needs a bit of work and parts. One of the fenders is spray painted and also filled with bondo. The inside of the car is dirty including cigg ashes.

However the guy has put on brand new tires and a brand new clutch, a clutch he paid 5k for. So most likely he doesn't know jack about cars or he wouldn't have gotten ripped for 5k for the clutch. Usually people who don't know a lot about cars or get ripped at the repair shop do not take care of their cars.

Also the issue with the car being leased makes me wonder how hard it would be to get a title.

All of the above = maybe 10k$ so.... can I get a no hassle car for 35k, I bet I can. If this were a no hassle car for 25k I would already have loaded it on a truck and it would be heading this way.

The car is not in really good shape and needs a bit of work and parts. One of the fenders is spray painted and also filled with bondo. The inside of the car is dirty including cigg ashes.

Spray painted :confused:

Who knows what else was scotch taped together... I suspect that there will be more bad news once you inspect it closely.

Can you lease a 12 years old car?

Back