• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 NSX on EBay - JH4NA21601T000032

Last edited:
since you say your have been a lurker you know the info we need to help you so with that said here is the

VIN JH4NA21601T000032

and the ( working ) link to the car is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...6419776?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item46037fd440

there are no records I could find on that VIN.

it looks nice, but all those upgrades makes me think the previous owner dogged it

Im just saying. be weary of mods like that
and you can paln on getting the TB/WP done as there is no sign or mention of it being done

goodluck best year to get that has pop-ups
best of both worlds 3.2L 6-speed perf seats bigger brakes etc.

looks like wings west eventho your link doesnt work:redface:

I was just looking at this car on ebay last night. Looks nice from the pictures, side skirts appear to be WW sides. I also noticed the difflow rear diffuser, so maybe it belonged to someone here on prime? :confused:

Hey thanks for fixing the link. I was just trying to figure out if I could edit it myself without reposting.

I am a little weary of the mods, especially if the owner was NOT a member here.

I am on the same page about the 2001 model - if you like the pop up lights and the yellow - which I really do.

Does the price seem inline?

(to prove I have been a lurker, I am still kicking myself for passing on Vanessa the first time, and the second time LOL)

Car seems clean, mods must be somewhat recent because the Difflow has no been around that long :confused:

nsxot1c thats true

I dont think Vahalla is going to sell anytime soon knowing what he went thru to get his Steering problem solved I think he is gonna be a lifer LOL

I think the price is fair I mean it is an NSX and the miles are not bad at all.

I would say jump on it if you can.

and drive like the wind

If you like the mods, and the car checks out after a PPI, go for it! Price doesn't seem unreasonable considering the mods IMO.

Seems like for that price you can get the updated 2002-2005. Yes, I know the 02+ look isn't for everybody :)

4162860029_large.jpg

Seems like for that price you can get the updated 2002-2005. Yes, I know the 02+ look isn't for everybody :)

2002+ for $48k? Haven't seen any close to that price in the market this time of year. Maybe off season you can find one around that price if you are lucky. Real lucky.

I missed an eBay auction for a 2005 PRESTINE black low miles. No bids on that thing at $55k. I got in touch with the seller and was told it was sold locally (Chicago) to a cash buyer. I snooze I lose!

I'd say that if a PPI checks out ok, then the price is certainly in the ballpark. 2001 was a very limited production year (I'm thinking around 166 total?) and last year for the pop-up headlights. I'm personally not big into major mods, but it does look like this one has been tastefully done.

My advice is if it remotely checks out to your satisfaction, then don't be too slow to act. Seems like there has been a growing interest in clean NSX's around the country lately.

Good luck - once you own one you'll better appreciate the passion that we all have for these great cars. :smile: Jay

PPI in Chicago?

Both of those are gorgeous -they are at the same dealer.

Any thoughts on where to get a PPI in Chicago? Search says Ted at Woodfield Acura, but their website doesn't show him listed in their service department.

2002+ for $48k? Haven't seen any close to that price in the market this time of year. Maybe off season you can find one around that price if you are lucky. Real lucky.

Not that I wanted an 02+ But from my heavy scouring of the market for a few months of finding mine, I never found a 02+ going for any price in the 40's. I'm sure certain ones have at one point but it is obvious that they have been gradually going up in value.

OP, as stated above... As long as the PPI checks out I say it's a winner. In my personal opinion the 00-01's are the ideal years due to the popups, 3.2, 6spd and perforated leather (might be a minor detail but I love it, especially for the door panels).

If in your position I would try to get it closer to 45k, but I doubt it will sit for too long.

Not that I wanted an 02+ But from my heavy scouring of the market for a few months of finding mine, I never found a 02+ going for any price in the 40's.

If you don't mind traveling to Hawaii, you may be surprised at what you can get this 2002 LBBP for:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161078

I've seen the car and spoken to the seller, and he was motivated at the time. His circumstances may have changed however.

If you don't mind traveling to Hawaii, you may be surprised at what you can get this 2002 LBBP for:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161078

I've seen the car and spoken to the seller, and he was motivated at the time. His circumstances may have changed however.

I actually sent that to my future brother-in-law that is moving there next month. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that pricing may slightly be an anomaly given it's geographic isolation to pretty much everybody.

Muahahaha - it is MINE. Subject to PPI of course.

Looks like it is mine - subject to PPI. 48k out the door

So the dealer sent me service records. For the last couple of years it has been serviced at Woodfield Acura (highly recommended here)

It looks like it has had the major stuff done. Timing belt, water pump, valve cover gaskets, clutch master and slave plus the clutch itself. From the records it looks like the brakes were bled and new pads recommended. It doesn't look like new pads were installed though - possible DIY?

Anyways, I am thinking of having it sent over to the guys at Woodfield for a full PPI anyways unless they are prepared to vouch for the car without seeing it again. Seems like cheap insurance for a couple hundred bucks.

I am super pumped - thanks for the help

Re: Muahahaha - it is MINE. Subject to PPI of course.

Looks like it is mine - subject to PPI. 48k out the door

So the dealer sent me service records. For the last couple of years it has been serviced at Woodfield Acura (highly recommended here)

It looks like it has had the major stuff done. Timing belt, water pump, valve cover gaskets, clutch master and slave plus the clutch itself. From the records it looks like the brakes were bled and new pads recommended. It doesn't look like new pads were installed though - possible DIY?

Anyways, I am thinking of having it sent over to the guys at Woodfield for a full PPI anyways unless they are prepared to vouch for the car without seeing it again. Seems like cheap insurance for a couple hundred bucks.

I am super pumped - thanks for the help

Victory!

Great buy. The car looks nice and has some nice mods. The only thing I would add to it would be an 02+ rear lower bumper.

Welcome to the club and hopefully you'll have many years of enjoyment. When I bought my NSX I never expected to own it for as long as I have and that was 12yrs ago. :smile:

-Doc

Back