• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 silver/gray 27k mi, $37k salvage jh4na21692t000239

2002 NSX, TARGA, 6 SPEED MANUAL, 27K MILES, BONE STOCK, SILVER WITH GRAY INTERIOR, THIS CAR HAS A SALVAGE TITLE....I BOUGHT IT FROM AN INSURANCE COMPANY....IT HAD MINOR WATER DAMAGE.....I REMOVED THE CARPET AND SEATS...CLEANED, DRIED AND PUT IT BACK IN.....NONE OF THE ELECTRONICS WERE AFFECTED, THE WATER ONLY WAS 2-3 INCHES ON THE FLOOR...THE TRUNK AND ENGINE AND FRONT WERE NOT SUBMERGED....THIS IS A VERY NICE CAR FOR THE MONEY...I DROVE THE CAR 500 MILES LAST WEEK, NO PROBLEMS......ASKING $37K......VIN # jh4na21692t000239........I AM LOCATED IN OTTAWA, KS....50 MILES FROM KCI AIRPORT...I WILL MEET YOU AT THE AIRPORT FREE OF CHARGE

This car is up for sale. No affiliation, but felt that after reading the various positioning of the damage, it would be worthwhile to capture it here. You can make your own decisions based on the info.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/6178355315.html

"This NSX has never been in an accident but does have what would be considered a minor flood history event on the title. It was the result of severe Houston thunderstorm event. The event is described as follows. Very shortly after a severe rainstorm event, the car was being driven home from work in downtown Houston in the fall of 2008 when the owner was involved in a situation where the rain water backed up on an exit ramp incline while he was stopped and waiting for traffic to move under a freeway overpass. After I purchased the NSX, I took the time to speak with the previous owner by phone who candidly explained that the car had (only) fresh rainwater in and around the car and up to about the bottom of the dashboard. It is important to note that no water ever touched the NSX VTEC engine which is positioned high in the back of the vehicle. And it also important to note that the rainwater remained at the scene of the even for relatively a short time (a few hours at most) as the rain subsided from the freeway exit ramp, the car was then towed from the scene and moved to dry ground.

A short time later, after the insurance settlement, the NSX was sold to a Kansas car dealer who then had the NSX carefully inspected by an Acura dealer in Kansas City. This resulted in a short list of a few electric parts that needed to be replaced (7 items and less than $2,400 in cost with labor included) which were needed to get the car back to normal operation after the auto insurance settlement. I have receipts for that short list of replacement parts which were installed by my local Twin Cities Acura mechanic who went over the car completely after I purchased it in February of 2009. Since making the purchase I have been driving the NSX on a regular basis in the summer months each year since April of 2009. And 8 years later the good news is that there is virtually no residual visual or mechanical evidence lingering from the past brief water soaking event. The car looks and drives as it should. Upon inspection you will see that this low mileage NSX has been well taken care of by myself and it's previous 2 owners and is in excellent condition. It is currently road ready and all aspects of the car operate properly. But please don't take my word for it. Simply come and take a look and see for yourself. I'm quite sure you won't be disappointed."

2002 NSX, TARGA, 6 SPEED MANUAL, 27K MILES, BONE STOCK, SILVER WITH GRAY INTERIOR, THIS CAR HAS A SALVAGE TITLE....I BOUGHT IT FROM AN INSURANCE COMPANY....IT HAD MINOR WATER DAMAGE.....I REMOVED THE CARPET AND SEATS...CLEANED, DRIED AND PUT IT BACK IN.....NONE OF THE ELECTRONICS WERE AFFECTED, THE WATER ONLY WAS 2-3 INCHES ON THE FLOOR...THE TRUNK AND ENGINE AND FRONT WERE NOT SUBMERGED....THIS IS A VERY NICE CAR FOR THE MONEY...I DROVE THE CAR 500 MILES LAST WEEK, NO PROBLEMS......ASKING $37K......VIN # jh4na21692t000239........I AM LOCATED IN OTTAWA, KS....50 MILES FROM KCI AIRPORT...I WILL MEET YOU AT THE AIRPORT FREE OF CHARGE

Call me 305-491-2782. I'm interested

I do. I saw the post on CL in Minnesota and felt that the description was incongruent with the original description of loss. It seemed to me that the underlying cause of the salvage was being under-disclosed. Delete the post if you feel like it is out of line, but to me I would want to know this about a car. Also, this is the type of curated data that I think we ought to be saving for our group.

Now, get off my lawn.

Wait, you weren't referencing my post (I just scrolled up). If the two posters are not savvy enough to a) click the link or b) do their own search, then we cannot help them.

I have cash ready, where can I buy? Your inbox is full.:rolleyes:

Back