• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2003 Silverstone JH4NA21613T000060

a 58K car for 38K can only mean Salvage (or scam?), hoping is a true unmolested car in any way is like believing on Santa :biggrin: ... still, nice deal ...
OScar

OH boy that was bad .... sorry, i need to go have dinner .... :rolleyes:
OScar

This one also says it has a tow package on it as an optional accessory. I didn't know these cars came with that :)

They didn't! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Does anyone have any thoughts on the original car I posted?
2003 Silverstone, 38,000 miles, $51,000 for sale by a Dealer.

why not get the black 2600 mile one? is that a typo? Its only $1000 more.

why not get the black 2600 mile one? is that a typo? Its only $1000 more.

I don't think it's a typo. There are more pics on the Autotrader ad. While I can't see the odometer clearly, it appears to be in pretty mint condition. I can't see the driver seat, but the passenger seat appears to have never been used.

I don't think the silver one is a bad deal, if it is in good shape. For an 03... its priced low. 38K miles... for these cars that is maybe a little higher than average, but that is certainly not a lot of miles on one of the most reliable cars ever made. If you want to buy it and drive it, then I wouldn't worry about the milage at all. If you want to keep and resell it soon, or are looking for a garage queen to keep as a toy/weekend car and want it to maintain high value, then a lower milage one is better. That is what all these fussy low-milagers want.

Both really good deals if the cars check out, but the black is a crazy good deal (again, assuming the car checks out).

The Black '03 is a sick deal with such low miles! I paid a lot more for an '04 with twice as many miles last December. Prices were supoosed to go up in the summer, but it appears they are droping, perhaps due to the economy.

No question i would buy the black car as that few miles means that much less exposure to the elements. I would expect that car to be perfect. If the condition of both cars is the same then you can decide based on your color preference, if you are going to keep the car and drive it. If you aren't going to dirve it much then the lower mileage car will keep a higher value longer because you will not reach the miles of the silver car for many years.

Either one is a great buy.

Good luck.

Tytus

I just sold an '02 Silverstone with 31,000 miles and had no problem getting offers in the low $50Ks. This car probably went in on trade so the low price will still make the dealer some good money. It's a good price if the car is solid, could probably get about $57 in my opinion. I would recommend that if you want this car to check out the body/paint thoroughly. Some dents or chips may have caused a bit of a discount.

Thanks for the advice.

In my current situation if I got an NSX I would likely try to keep it forever. I've wanted one since I was like 12. I would try to daily drive it (14 city miles a day total) to work, but probably won't drive the car anywhere else outside of for fun. I'd prefer a lower miles car, but if it was a good deal like those ones in the 50's I'd take it. I want an 02+.

My color preference is:
LBBP, White, Silverstone, Imola Orange, Black, Red, Yellow.

If that black one is real, I'd buy and possibly trade up if I found a LBBP one in the future. I like black, but its just hard to take care of.

I would try to daily drive it (14 city miles a day total) to work, but probably won't drive the car anywhere else outside of for fun.

So only to work and then only for fun after that? Isn't that pretty much ALL the time? :wink:

If you are going to daily drive 7000 miles a year you should probably look at a higher mileage example. Any low mile garage queens are going to lose most of their "value" after a few years of daily driving.

Just my $0.02

Well I'm not going to take it to the grocery store and etc. Just because I'd be afraid of hit getting dinged up at a parking lot. Theres plenty of space for me to triple park at work and its secure. Fun would be autox or drives.

For me 14 miles a day total (7 miles each way) is less then 4000 miles a year. I only work 5 days a week. So I think about 5K a year would be realistic. I also have access to an extra car for crappy weather days.

Thanks for the advice.

If that black one is real, I'd buy and possibly trade up if I found a LBBP one in the future. I like black, but its just hard to take care of.

I thought the same thing but it is not that bad. I wanted white, (impossible to find at the time) or silver and black was available at a closer distance to me and a lot cheaper and lower miles so I bought it. The new technology of waxes and detailing sprays make the car much easier to take care of than in the past. If it gets hit, black is eaiser to match than silver or anyother color, other than white.

I took best of show in Canada at the NSX Est Fest after driving in the rain 400 miles, in part thanks to the new technology of wax products.

If that car is perfect you may not find another one or blue one to trade up to. I thought that I would trade mine but actually the color has grown on me and having a low mileage car means you know where the car has been most of it's life and how it was taken care of. Now I wouldn't trade as there are always too many unknowns and I know my car is perfect and unadulterated.

Black is also the correct color if you wanted to change the car over to an NSX-R as they were painted over a black car from the factory with a pearl white. That thought has crossed my mind but I am not a big fan of making a copy and an original usually retains it's value better. You never know when you may need or want to sell.

My 2 cents...

Tytus

Well the other thought is black tends to hide the lines of a car and I like the lines of the car. I like the idea of a Type-R clone, but I wouldn't respray the car. There are things I like about black too though. Definitely lots of good wheel color choices.

Back