• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Acura NSX Hybrid

Originally posted by Tony Montoya:
The packaging of that V-10 was very small, looked like it would fit easily into the NSX.
Or Honda could rework the car and get rid of the trunk to allow the V-10 to fit longitudinally.

I did forget to mention it but IMO this is the real issue: to stay tranversal or to switch to longitudinal and thus deleting trunk...

BTW Do you agree that the NSX is today the ultimate in the mid transverse and rear trunk layout? If we want to compare apples with apples...

This isn't the case of the 360 Modena, Z06, Viper, Diablo ...

I agree concerning the possibility of making a compact V10 because engine size is significantly related to its displacement...

tranversaly mounted a wider body will be necessary and this sounds great to my ears!

effer

Originally posted by effer:
BTW Do you agree that the NSX is today the ultimate in the mid transverse and rear trunk layout? If we want to compare apples with apples...

Well, if we deleted the trunk there would be no place left to store anything. The ferrari 360 has decent space in the front, but you could never fit golf clubs in it. I prefer the layout of the NSX.

Oh, i saw a 360 driving by today... MAN.. it is gorgeous! I am hoping to drive it soon as it is a friend of a frieds..

Originally posted by NetViper:
I prefer the layout of the NSX.

Me too, but I prefer the Mc Laren F1 layout over the NSX one's. But I find the NSX to be an overall nicer car. Really my favorite aesthetically speaking. Followed closely by the Mac F1 and Diablo. The new Ford GT 40 seems also very impressive!!!

But what would you choose between a more than 450 hp N/A longitudinal no rear trunk NSX and a 350 hp N/A transversal with rear trunk another NSX?

Originally posted by NetViper:

Oh, i saw a 360 driving by today... MAN.. it is gorgeous! I am hoping to drive it soon as it is a friend of a frieds..

Yeah they're gorgeous ( I saw a couple and even sit in a few ) and I especially like its flat bottom, rear diffuser and aerodynamics producing negative lift. But I must admit that concerning exotics the lower and wider are my chosen standards. So I am not viscerally impressed with that 360 bulky design ( I have the feeling to sit in a very ordinary car due to its height !!! ) which tends to be the new trend ( see the new RSX...compared to second and third gen integras... )
frown.gif

For sure this is a very nice car and very performing too...

Would you prefer to give it a try in its F1 version or with its standard manual tranny?

effer

I repeat it, the Acura NSX is even today IMO the best performing car with the mid transverse rear trunk layout.
Do you agree?

There's a sidebar about the upcoming Acura hybrid in the new (October 7) AutoWeek. It does NOT refer to it as an NSX. It provides specifics mostly about the DN-X (DualNote) prototype, but very little about the upcoming production model. However, it does say that it will come to market in 12 to 18 months, and that it "will incorporate as much of the DN-X's DNA as possible, including strong horsepower numbers, all-wheel-drive, and sports sedan styling."

We will see...

Originally posted by Sig:
I wonder how they plan on keeping the weight down if they are to include two power sources and all-wheel drive?

I don't know; we'll see. They do mention that the prototype has "a lightweight yet rigid sports car body... (with) a 25 percent lower drag coefficient than an NSX".

Maybe they will make a hybrid sedan and then stick to a high-performance sports car with tradional power sources. When I was talking to goodson acura the other day, the guy said the NSX will probably get a V8 because they are putting on in the RL. But, like I have said many times, I don't think they know anything more than we do.

Back