• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Silverstone. Flying out to pick it up PDQ.

How you can you buy a car and have never even sat in one?

thats like buying a Rifle to go shooting at the range and you forgot you dont have Arms/hands.

I am sure you will love it but come-on you never sat in one? even at a show? but made the purchase anyway?

Seems weird to me

Have fun though im just jealous! LOL

I sat in one, but never drove one. My first drive was all it took, and I drove it home from Chicago to RI. Most fun you can have with your pants on. Do it! Love it! You won't be disappointed, unless of course you are 6'10" tall, in which case you are probably in trouble.

Gary

Consider a clear bra for that beauty!

Also, are all the fluids up to date? Brake fluid was the one I was thinking. Lots of sitting = moisture in the fluid.

Haha, I though I was the only loony one paying 60k for a car I never drove before (although I was taken for a ride in one). I also bought and paid for mine sight unseen (except for photos) to add to it. Granted, it was through a dealership but still was more than a bit nerve wracking.

Also it is funny that everyone on the forums know exactly who you are talking about with those other two cars. :)

Last edited:
I paid $75,500 for my 05 sight unseen. No PPI, nothing. I sent the guy a check for that kind of dough, and just had it shipped. I think I had been in an NSX for 5 minutes total time before that, and that was 10 years older than mine. It was really crazy now that I think about it, but all turned out to be OK.

Congrats on a beautiful car in the best color!

I bought my NSX sight unseen having never sat in nor driven one either. It's an exhilarating thing to do. :biggrin:

Maybe more common than you would think. Five months ago I bought my 2005
Spa yellow NSX with 16,000 miles on it without ever having sat in any NSX before. Researched the heck out of them for about eight years before purchase.
I did pretty much the same thing before buying my daily driver (eight years ago). Still driving it, a 1995 (last year of production) Acura Legend coupe. I found that you can get a pretty accurate idea of how a car will perform and feel from the many articles and forums available. Come to think of it, the car I sold to buy the NSX, I purchased 37 years ago sight unseen. It was a 1959 Porsche cabriolet. Never disappointed me.
The NSX is everything I hoped it would be and more. I plan on keeping it longer than the 37 years that I owned the Porsche!

Welcome to the forum Jim Wilson ... your first post! I had only sat in one, did not drive one when I purchased mine in December. Flew from GA to SoCal for the first ride (from the PPI in Huntington Beach to Palos Verdes). So, yes, you can learn an awful lot through the writings of others who share your likes and dislikes about a car. Just reading through these forums, religiously, provided me with everything I needed to know with the exception of whether I would fit!

OSUGRAD, I PM'd Legion a few days ago and he's having a full clear bra installed at the dealership. Can't believe there was a '04 out there with 2300 miles on it! Rare find indeed. With that fine a specimen, I don't think he had too much wiggle room in the price. I believe his car was 12 removed from mine off the Suzuka assembly line. Same color combo, everything, 12 cars removed. He seemed absolutely giddy with the purchase and who wouldn't be? Looking forward to his posts regarding his trip and ownership experiences.

I sat in one before purchase/never even drove one 'cause there were no specimens around here to drive. Well, I barely even fit into it (headroom). It was yellow/yellow 2002 and I thought then I could NEVER do that color combo. Now I know I could very well appreciate yellow-yellow!

I did the same thing, but I bought the Yellow/Yellow.

I'm 6'2" and 250lbs and drove it back to North Georgia from Ft.Myers, Florida, about a 500 mile trip.

Good luck,

PS I fit like a glove...... feels great!!!

Last edited:
Enjoy, and let us know how the cross-country trip goes. My wife and I will drive from D.C. to Idaho and back this summer, so I'd like to hear your experiences and impressions.

I've got a brother that lives in Anchorage. If he sees you in the NSX, he'll do a double take. I've got a silver 2004 and he and I caravaned it to the outer banks of North Carolina this summer. He'd not seen an NSX in Alaska.

How you can you buy a car and have never even sat in one?

thats like buying a Rifle to go shooting at the range and you forgot you dont have Arms/hands.

I am sure you will love it but come-on you never sat in one? even at a show? but made the purchase anyway?

Seems weird to me

Have fun though im just jealous! LOL

I bought mine without ever having sat in one. Sometimes you just know.

Maybe more common than you would think. Five months ago I bought my 2005
Spa yellow NSX with 16,000 miles on it without ever having sat in any NSX before. Researched the heck out of them for about eight years before purchase.
I did pretty much the same thing before buying my daily driver (eight years ago). Still driving it, a 1995 (last year of production) Acura Legend coupe. I found that you can get a pretty accurate idea of how a car will perform and feel from the many articles and forums available. Come to think of it, the car I sold to buy the NSX, I purchased 37 years ago sight unseen. It was a 1959 Porsche cabriolet. Never disappointed me.
The NSX is everything I hoped it would be and more. I plan on keeping it longer than the 37 years that I owned the Porsche!

Well Jim, interesting story man, so don't tell me it was a Speedster??? I read Excellence magazine cover to cover every issue. There was great story on an original owner Speedster - orange - and the guy built the engine - kind of an older fellow - great tale. So I've always wanted a car like that but I know I'll never be able to afford one. I've owned 911s for the last 7 years and more really. Loved em but I got to the water cooled models and I couldn't pull the trigger - I was too afraid of the lay shaft issue or the RMS - just knowing I'd be the one in that 10% of cars that have that problem -so I went NSX and I've always loved them. Now I know why.

Like many here I had only sat in one - never driven one or ridden in one. But I knew it was the car for me. Man was I right and am happy as a lark. We'll see if I ever get another 911......

Glad you are aboard -this is a great site and so many good folks here with all kinds of knowledge about these cars - great support. Welcome!

I sat in one, but never drove one. My first drive was all it took, and I drove it home from Chicago to RI. Most fun you can have with your pants on. Do it! Love it! You won't be disappointed, unless of course you are 6'10" tall, in which case you are probably in trouble.

Gary

Gary, the funny thing is I actually drove your NSX. It was the first NSX I sat in, drove... Joe (previous owner) was gracious enough to give me a test ride. I really babied it though, so didn't know the real potential of the NSX until I purchased my own.

Gary, the funny thing is I actually drove your NSX. It was the first NSX I sat in, drove... Joe (previous owner) was gracious enough to give me a test ride. I really babied it though, so didn't know the real potential of the NSX until I purchased my own.

This is a very small community! Pretty cool! I hope you were impressed. Obviously, I was!

Gary

Sight unseen scares me. Nonetheless that is exactly what I did with my NSX. Purchase we complete when the transport company failed to show up to pick up my car from the dealership. So I flew out to get the car myself.. dealership treated it like a test drive, but in fact it was already my car.

It was better than I even thought it would be. Looks showroom new. The drive home (1500 miles) was a fun trip. I put 5% of the total miles the car had in 13 years in just two days of ownership.

Found out that the car had a modified lightweight exhaust still installed, a cd changer that wasnt listed in the listing, a clear bra already installed and a few extra goodies.

If you get the car from a reputable dealership I would say there is nothing wrong with sight unseen. They pride themselves on underpromising and overdelivering

Maybe you're on the road already, but good luck and have fun! I'm jealous.
Not all the way for sure. I'll put it on a steamship in WA.
I don't blame you, but if it were any other kind of car, I'd say forget the steamship and drive it all the way! I drove my Legend to Fairbanks and back from Phoenix, AZ back in 2006 (8,000 miles roundtrip). Took my dad along, and it's by far the most memorable roadtrip I've ever taken. I'll do it again someday.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f93/alaska-roadtrip-06-over-40-pics-no-56k-g2-83222/

borderdooropen.jpg

Either way, congratulations! Absolutely GORGEOUS car.

........Drive the poo out of it - seriously the fun of owning a car -imho- is driving it unless it is a 1 of 26 special Ferraris that should be in an art museum - your NSX is not that - again imho.

We have a very few NSX like this in the UK. Completely stock OEM examples with < 5k miles. The trouble is a) how do you value them, b) what do you do once you own it as putting it back in the garage is criminal IMO, and driving it crashes the low mileage value c) you probably need to invest $$ to service the static wear to seals bushes etc and change out all the fluids as theres probably been loads of condensation over the years of standing, waiting to be driven.

As for running in a Honda, I wouldn't aim for the redline but would freely use the revs and avoid labouring at all costs.

If I lived in the USA I would have grabbed this car and driven it every single day. We only had 3 Silverstone facelifts in the UK and 2 of these are now in HongKong :frown: I would love a Silverstone NSX.

Drive it, enjoy it and keep it subtle with the mods and you've got a very sought after NSX IMO.

Congratulations

regards, Paul

Congrats :) That guy with the 2005 Rio that didn't want to sell must have bugged you. :tongue: My guess is he has made that mistake twice before and didn't want to a 3rd time :tongue:

dude, post new pics, want to see more of the that beauty.

Legion, you might just want to have a tire inspection so you don't have any flats or blowouts on the way home. The tread will be great on those tires, and the outsides look new, but the tires are at least 6 years old and possibly older. Anyway, they are old enough that you want to see if they are roadworthy for a long, fast trip like you are anticipating. Best of luck to you! At least take a couple of cans of aerosol flat tire fixer. Let us hear from you when you get back to Alaska.

It appears Legion has dropped off the planet! No posts in 4 weeks!

Back