• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 NSX, ridiculous price.

I told one of my relatives who I didn't consider a car guy about the upcoming NSX. His response: "isn't the NSX the perfect sports car as is? why not just bump up the power and add modern amenities?" Was pretty refreshing to hear that NSX legendary status still exists amongst even some casual car people.

The NSX is yesterday's sports car. People asking modern day prices for 20 year old technology, no matter how many extras are in it, are living a pipe dream. I fully understand that there is no substitute for the NSX - light weight, hi-revving Japanese sports car (sorry S2000, you suck), but the NSX's performance numbers were good for their day, but in today's performance market, they are utter shit. Let's see, Ford is about to give people a 650bhp, 202mph car for 55K - that's INSANE. But wait, I can buy this guy's NSX for 30K more and get toasted. YES!

This car won't fetch a dime over 50K.

You sound like a teenager to me. You should get one of those ¼ mile drag race cars instead of your Camaro, and that carries lots of hp. To you, since this is yesterday’s sports car, you shouldn’t join this yesterday’s forum. Your ride must be a cheap car and you barely drove other supercars so far.

Last edited:
The NSX is yesterday's sports car. People asking modern day prices for 20 year old technology,
Of course it is yesterday's sports car, and to be more accurate it is really 30 year old technology in my book (all the major elements of an NSX came out at 1991 in my opinion). Some people just happen to like yesterday more than they like today.

I fully understand that there is no substitute for the NSX - light weight, hi-revving Japanese sports car.
You say this, but I am not sure that you really do understand that there is no substitute. If you did, you would understand why rarity drives up the price for those who want the NSX and why "no substitute" translates to an elevated price point.

Let's see, Ford is about to give people a 650bhp, 202mph car for 55K - that's INSANE.
:rolleyes:
Great...... so let's all go out buy a freaking mustang.... yeaaa... :rolleyes:

It's ok....... those who don't know, nor understand, never will.

Last edited:
The NSX is yesterday's sports car. People asking modern day prices for 20 year old technology, no matter how many extras are in it, are living a pipe dream. I fully understand that there is no substitute for the NSX - light weight, hi-revving Japanese sports car (sorry S2000, you suck), but the NSX's performance numbers were good for their day, but in today's performance market, they are utter shit. Let's see, Ford is about to give people a 650bhp, 202mph car for 55K - that's INSANE. But wait, I can buy this guy's NSX for 30K more and get toasted. YES!

I'm sorry you think the S2000 "suck". Many NSX owners love and own an S2000, including myself. I had an AP1 and loved driving it before it was involved in an accident :cool:

A 1973 Porsche 911S in clean condition fetches close to $50k nowadays. Not very fast at all compared to ANY of today's modern cars. That old Porsche probably sold new for around $6500 new.

But I doubt you would understand why some people are willing to pay that much for a slug....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SRwLRNL7to&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
Ford is about to give people a 650bhp, 202mph car for 55K - that's INSANE.

In my opinion you can get a lot better and faster cars for less money. There's a twin turbo Viper on ebay for $52,995.00 that has 1,000hp. If power is what you're after.

Lol. Why are you on this site? If your not a fan why bother? Go get on a meat head / meat car site for mustangs and post pics wearing your affliction shirts posing in front of your stang with racing stripes.
Respect the Nsx or bounce!

Let's see, Ford is about to give people a 650bhp, 202mph car for 55K - that's INSANE.

...and when that turn arrives in your windshield faster than usual

:rolleyes: game over :rolleyes:

-

The topic of the thread is over-priced, the seller will figure it out eventually

...and when that turn arrives in your windshield faster than usual

:rolleyes: game over :rolleyes:

-

The topic of the thread is over-priced, the seller will figure it out eventually

His join date says it all...

But to stay on topic, I agree the owner did overprice his mods and "additions." 5000 for a clutch is a little excessive. It might sound more accurate for say... a Ferrari or Lambo or something.. hehh..

A 1973 Porsche 911S in clean condition fetches close to $50k nowadays. Not very fast at all compared to ANY of today's modern cars. That old Porsche probably sold new for around $6500 new.

But I doubt you would understand why some people are willing to pay that much for a slug....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SRwLRNL7to&feature=player_embedded

Hah try >$90K for the really clean ones :) I owned a rust free matching numbers 73S a few years ago, somewhere between good driver and concours condition. Bought it for 18K, sold it 2 years later for 25K. Crazy if you ask me - though they certainly have one of the most visceral driving experience of all the 911's (sans certain models like the Carrera CS, 964 RS, etc). Thing is, early 911's have a classic cachet - the NSX doesn't and won't have the classic look for a while. It's getting there, but IMHO it's still so modern looking people will look at is as competition with modern cars (a-la 997) rather than classic cars that have rapidly appreciated.

It's possible the guy might get his money though if he waits long enough - there is a very small group of NSX afficionados who can appreciate the value/future collectability of a pristine low mile NSX. It just isn't going to move anytime soon - most potential buyers on the market would rather go with a newer car (people seem to like 997 GT3's more than the NSX, and you can find 997.1 GT3's all day long for the asking price of this NSX).

I think the NSX is destined to be collectable to the broader market for SURE, this is just a little premature methinks...

To me the car isn't overpriced as long as it actually exists. I don't know if anyone noticed but I did mentioned that #205 for 2005 is supposed to be Silverstone with 53k miles but this is another story.

To me the car isn't overpriced as long as it actually exists. I don't know if anyone noticed but I did mentioned that #205 for 2005 is supposed to be Silverstone with 53k miles but this is another story.

I suspect the VIN was probably misread, but maybe some more delving will reveal more info.

Since this is going way off topic. I was out at the track a few weeks ago. There was a mustang variant-one of the fancy ones- i don't attempt to keep up with them-it had a vanity plate that said "650HP" or some such. I went for a ride with a friend in his 220hp mini cooper S. He smoked that mustang.

the rims are actually really nice, it just looks like he bought a set that was definitely NOT made for the NSX... plus his car needs to be lowered

I get it, the nsx is so special that in its final year of production, Acura only sold a few hundred. This car will never be a saught after collectible. Sure a few people may want it, and since only a few were made, these people will keep the prices somewhat high, but only for now. And with the fugly new nsx about to drop, the brand is gonna suffer. WHat a joke of a super bowl spot. That car is years out and Honda has no clue anymore how to lead performance wise. The gtr set the new standard. The nsx will be like the lotus evora...a neat handling car that gets trounced by everything.

I get it, the nsx is so special that in its final year of production, Acura only sold a few hundred. This car will never be a saught after collectible.

I know the NSX is light and exotic looking, but 280bhp, even in a light performance car, just isn't that impressive anymore. Yet prices remain high. So I know there has to be something special about this car that's keeping the prices stable. What is it?

Sure about that? It doesn't sound like it...

Get behind the wheel.

I get it, the nsx is so special that in its final year of production, Acura only sold a few hundred. This car will never be a saught after collectible. Sure a few people may want it, and since only a few were made, these people will keep the prices somewhat high, but only for now. And with the fugly new nsx about to drop, the brand is gonna suffer. WHat a joke of a super bowl spot. That car is years out and Honda has no clue anymore how to lead performance wise. The gtr set the new standard. The nsx will be like the lotus evora...a neat handling car that gets trounced by everything.

Never understood folks who actually do not have anything but a majority of NSX put downs and join this Site. :rolleyes:

I get it...
Actually Mr Troll/Kaneda, you don't get it

Take a track ride-along in an NSX with some of our racer/owners

Might give you an appreciation of what the NSX platform can do in trained and capable hands.

To be 100% clear, I am recommending that you put in some seat time, without real-world experience, your opinions are the expelled air of ignorance. Your choice dude.

ps. Acura needs to step up their game in just about every way, no argument there

Back