• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 NSX, ridiculous price.

I get it...
Actually Mr Troll/Kaneda, you don't get it

Take a track ride-along in an NSX with some of our racer/owners

Might give you an appreciation of what the NSX platform can do in trained and capable hands.

To be 100% clear, I am recommending that you put in some seat time, without real-world experience, your opinions are the expelled air of ignorance. Your choice dude.

ps. Acura needs to step up their game in just about every way, no argument there

Mr Troll/Kaneda obviously don’t know how to drive a manual high rev NA car. Low RPM high torque is what he want.

Sorry for being so strident. I am not saying the nsx doesn't deliver a very unique and enjoyable driving experience. Look, a car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. What I was saying is for 80,000 there is a lot more performance to be had. Also, I had one qof the first s2000's to hit our shores in 2000. On paper the car should have driven like a dream. Never, and I mean never had I driven a car with such numb steering. Adding to the frustration was the cars tendency to snap oversteer with absolutely no warning. Shame because the car had a great engine and tranny. But look at what Honda has done since then? Nothing. I was just saying that the Honda/Acura brand has turned its back on enthusiasts years ago and it's the enthusiasts who keep the prices of used cars high. The new nsx is their attemp to bring back excitement. But with the performance bar being so high now, this nsx just seems destined to end up like the last nsx...a unique Japanese experience that will never exceede cars in its price range, and Acura will do very little to enhance its performance over the cars lifespan.

Never, and I mean never had I driven a car with such numb steering. Adding to the frustration was the cars tendency to snap oversteer with absolutely no warning.

You very well may be the first person in automotive history to say the first part of this quote about the S2000. The latter part of the quote is something that lots of people say about first the few years of the 2nd generation Toyota MR2, which had alot to do with the nut behind the wheel.

You very well may be the first person in automotive history to say the first part of this quote about the S2000. The latter part of the quote is something that lots of people say about first the few years of the 2nd generation Toyota MR2, which had alot to do with the nut behind the wheel.

You fool, read any, and I mean any s2000 review and the numb steering is mentioned. 4th paragraph

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/19706/honda_s2000_v_porsche_boxster.html

You fool, read any, and I mean any s2000 review and the numb steering is mentioned. 4th paragraph

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/19706/honda_s2000_v_porsche_boxster.html

Not to get completely off topic from the thread at hand, but I could dredge up just about any obscure review of the NSX and tote numb steering. That's a very subjective characteristic. In that same article, the author commends the new 2002 year S2000's steering and chassis, yet can't put his finger on what exactly changed.

Just to take you up on it, I pulled up a number of early S2000 reviews with only one mentioning numbness while dead straight. It's subjective. If it's an issue, it certainly isn't hurting the legions who track the car on the weekend and walk away from much more powerful cars. It sounds like an "Emporer's New Clothes, the review said so, so it must be so"-ism.

If you don't get the NSX, that's cool. Life's too short to drive just one car and there's tons more to enjoy. But introducing yourself on an NSX owner's site as someone who lemon-lawed a Mustang GT500, then in the next breath advocating the newer model as an alternative to the NSX mentioned in this thread will make some of the members here scratch their heads.

It makes me scratch mine.

To get back on topic, someone may just pay the price for the car. That's the beauty about the NSX or any other limited car like a well kept 993. They want THAT car. Could they buy a ZO6 for cheaper? Absolutely. Do they want a ZO6? Absolutely not. They wanted an NSX. That's why they bought an NSX.

Last edited:
What I was saying is for 80,000 there is a lot more performance to be had.

I really fail to see why you are even on this site.

Is it an attempt to try and convince some of us NSX owners to sprint to the ford STEALER and trade for the new gt500 ?
Do you feel absolute disdain for any Honda product that you must voice your opinion for all to hear ?

You provided the same, stupid comment I have heard and read ever since the NSX reached a certain MSRP; ie; $80,000+; and it's probable that, even when it was $60,000+ new, this same comment was made by those who just love to hate, don't understand or think every sports car should have 11ty billion H/P.

I used to argue this point with many "car guys" or guys in-general who think the NSX is overpriced.
Over the years however, it's not worth belaboring the point because YOU fall into the category of single-mindedness. You are solely focused on H/P to $$$ ratio, 1/4 and 0-60 times.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't own the new gt500 if it were given to me for free. I would either sell it or trade it. Great... so the new gt500 does 0-60 in 1 second and runs 8's in the 1/4 all day long :rolleyes: I'm so happy for you :rolleyes:

I think I can safely say, for the guys and gals on this site who like or love the NSX - it is because this car is enjoyable in every aspect of driving a mid-engine sports car.

As far as the $80,000 comment -
Yes - I very GLADLY forked over MSRP for my '02 back in 2002 - and I'd do it again 100x out of 100. :biggrin:

There are some really good H/P for dollar vehicles out there - simply meaning - "That's a lot of car for the money".
The new gt500 falls into this category; probably even more-so than the z06.

But the point is - those of us who have a Love Affair with the NSX and ALWAYS will - wouldn't even consider owning a mustang. This is not a "snob" thing - it's simply a car thing. In-case you are wondering - YES I have driven many mustangs because my best friends are in the ford mustang category of "car-guys", (so to speak). Even drove a friend's 9 second, twin turbo mustang. My reaction was the same... Great...it's fast ....

So again I would ask - why are you even here ?!?!
Is it because you are trying to understand why we would buy an NSX that costs more than a z06 or this new gt500 or even the GT-R ?

Well - a little insight might help - (probably not but I'll try)

This past year on my birthday, my MOST amazing Wife decided to get me another toy. I had a certain price range which allowed me to considered a 911 or GT-R but..... IDK - the 911 just doesn't do it for me; has a TERRIBLE residual value and was actually kind-of boring. As for the GT-R.....well - I cannot ever get over the 'No Manual option'. The GT-R is a great vehicle; sure it's fast but.... Auto :rolleyes: No Thanks. I decided on an '05 NSX with 2,991 miles :biggrin: Yes - probably over-paid but.. again - I Love the NSX for everything it offers.

So that is a pretty simplistic response - the NSX just "does it" for some of us.

If you are here to just troll and voice your opinion of Hate - I would only ask why?!?! You're not going to change our mind(s). I'm sure you had to have known, your post was going to receive some unfavorable responses to say the least.

At the end of the day - really .... why do you G.A.S. about the NSX if all you can provide are negative comments. As for the gt500, most of us really DON'T G.A.S. about that car anyway; regardless of HP / price.

Last edited:
I have gotta come clean on something very important!

I paid $1.5m to air that NSX commerical during the Super Bowl.

There is no 2015 NSX planned. I was hoping to get the world to see what a great car the NSX is and then planned on selling my 2005 NSX for $10k more than it is worth.

I am pretty damn smart I'd say!

I don't see what there is to argue about. The NSX covers a certain niche and I think it would be crazy to expect anybody to understand or appreciate.

Either way the value is very real when you see what these "outdated" cars still sell for.

I think there are two discussions here, and they're diverging. One is collectability, the other is performance for the buck. Collectability is all about rarity, uniqueness, and driving experience. Take the early 911's I mentioned before -any newer 911 (996,997,991) will run circles around a 73 911RS in every measure of performance. So why does the 73 RS command a higher price than a brand new 911? Rarity, uniqueness, driving experience.

To get back on topic, someone may just pay the price for the car. That's the beauty about the NSX or any other limited car like a well kept 993. They want THAT car. Could they buy a ZO6 for cheaper? Absolutely. Do they want a ZO6? Absolutely not. They wanted an NSX. That's why they bought an NSX.

That's my mistake and I have a deposit on my Z06 to remedy the problem.

I really fail to see why you are even on this site.

Is it an attempt to try and convince some of us NSX owners to sprint to the ford STEALER and trade for the new gt500 ?
Do you feel absolute disdain for any Honda product that you must voice your opinion for all to hear ?

You provided the same, stupid comment I have heard and read ever since the NSX reached a certain MSRP; ie; $80,000+; and it's probable that, even when it was $60,000+ new, this same comment was made by those who just love to hate, don't understand or think every sports car should have 11ty billion H/P.

I used to argue this point with many "car guys" or guys in-general who think the NSX is overpriced.
Over the years however, it's not worth belaboring the point because YOU fall into the category of single-mindedness. You are solely focused on H/P to $$$ ratio, 1/4 and 0-60 times.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't own the new gt500 if it were given to me for free. I would either sell it or trade it. Great... so the new gt500 does 0-60 in 1 second and runs 8's in the 1/4 all day long :rolleyes: I'm so happy for you :rolleyes:

I think I can safely say, for the guys and gals on this site who like or love the NSX - it is because this car is enjoyable in every aspect of driving a mid-engine sports car.

As far as the $80,000 comment -
Yes - I very GLADLY forked over MSRP for my '02 back in 2002 - and I'd do it again 100x out of 100. :biggrin:

There are some really good H/P for dollar vehicles out there - simply meaning - "That's a lot of car for the money".
The new gt500 falls into this category; probably even more-so than the z06.

But the point is - those of us who have a Love Affair with the NSX and ALWAYS will - wouldn't even consider owning a mustang. This is not a "snob" thing - it's simply a car thing. In-case you are wondering - YES I have driven many mustangs because my best friends are in the ford mustang category of "car-guys", (so to speak). Even drove a friend's 9 second, twin turbo mustang. My reaction was the same... Great...it's fast ....

So again I would ask - why are you even here ?!?!
Is it because you are trying to understand why we would buy an NSX that costs more than a z06 or this new gt500 or even the GT-R ?

Well - a little insight might help - (probably not but I'll try)

This past year on my birthday, my MOST amazing Wife decided to get me another toy. I had a certain price range which allowed me to considered a 911 or GT-R but..... IDK - the 911 just doesn't do it for me; has a TERRIBLE residual value and was actually kind-of boring. As for the GT-R.....well - I cannot ever get over the 'No Manual option'. The GT-R is a great vehicle; sure it's fast but.... Auto :rolleyes: No Thanks. I decided on an '05 NSX with 2,991 miles :biggrin: Yes - probably over-paid but.. again - I Love the NSX for everything it offers.

So that is a pretty simplistic response - the NSX just "does it" for some of us.

If you are here to just troll and voice your opinion of Hate - I would only ask why?!?! You're not going to change our mind(s). I'm sure you had to have known, your post was going to receive some unfavorable responses to say the least.

At the end of the day - really .... why do you G.A.S. about the NSX if all you can provide are negative comments. As for the gt500, most of us really DON'T G.A.S. about that car anyway; regardless of HP / price.
This is the best, most intelligent post in this thread so far. This says it all.

thisthreadsucks.jpg

I am presently in the market for an '05 and am a little surprised that it is taking a bit longer to find one than originally anticipated. Would not have sold my '01 so fast if I knew that I would be without one for more than 3 months. Should have purchased an '05 first and then sold the '01 but I was stupid to let storage be the issue. $85K for a modded '05 ..... "No Thanks." $85k for a six car garage with lift? ............. "hhmmm!" :rolleyes:

Ridiculous price perhaps--however if you have the money and want a 05 NSX--and you like the color and modifications--it just might give you the bang for the buck you are looking for. Not the fastest, not the latest style, but---who cares if you got the $$ and like the car?
Prices are relative ---57 T-bird with factory supercharger^^^, 67 Vette with 427^^^, Jag xke V12 convert^^^, ---none are as fast as 2012 Mustang V6 0-60 but that pony will never be a rare collectable classic worth megabucks.

The NSX is all about style, rarity, reliability and performance that raised the bar big time in 91'. The 05 is the last of that breed and will hold it's value very well for times to come. Porsche built a super sport GT in the 928-928s-928s4-928GT. The last ones made were in 95 and cost $100K+. They are still bringing $50K+++ as they too were a leading edge car when first introduced in 77 but only the last few years maintain their big buck value do to low production numbers and improved engineering.

During the 70s + 80s there weren't very many truly high performance cars in prduction with quantity. Today---they are everywhere due to babyboomer $$$ & demand. Everyone is making highperformance cars---Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Cadillac, Nissan, Jag, Porsche, BMW, Audi, Infinity, Lambo, Mercedes, etc. etc. etc. If you got the bucks, take your pick. This mass invasion of supercars will have some impact on NSX values but the NSX styling is, in my humble opinion, a significant plus. I have owned hundreds of cars and none have ever got the smiles that come with the NSX. I kind of enjoy that.

Back