• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 NSX sells for $144,100 at Auctions America Auburn Sale Sept 2016

The car that sold for this price had the Comp Tech SC package said to be dealer installed for $16000 as an option. The description of the car goes on to say, "It's hard to say whether the Comp Tech blower aided or hindered the price of the car."

Anybody care to comment on this question.

I think it depends on the mileage. If the mileage is low, the ctsc package might have helped the price or at best, the buyer did not care as long as the car is in pristine condition.

That's one of the older whipple/less powerful ct charger kits too.

Last edited:
Great power but where do you unleash it nowadays? The freeways around here are nothing like in 1991 or 2005 for that matter. My buddy with 400 HP is regularly passed at 85 by Kia's while he sails along at 80 avoiding CHP on his way from Napa to SF CA.

Great power but where do you unleash it nowadays? The freeways around here are nothing like in 1991 or 2005 for that matter. My buddy with 400 HP is regularly passed at 85 by Kia's while he sails along at 80 avoiding CHP on his way from Napa to SF CA.
If your friend gets passed by Kia's maybe he is the wrong driver. ;-) But no I get it. That is why my car is jet black, black tint, with black wheels. I have even blown through speed traps and never gotten a single ticket in my nsx.
But back to topic. This car is beautiful. Just like that 4,000 mile rio listed for 130k on eBay. Gorgeous examples of unmolested/riced out nsx's.

Oh, and my daily driver is a piece of shit Ford 250 service van. So that definitely helps in avoiding traffic and speeding tickets.:wink:

If your friend gets passed by Kia's maybe he is the wrong driver. ;-) But no I get it. That is why my car is jet black, black tint, with black wheels. I have even blown through speed traps and never gotten a single ticket in my nsx.
But back to topic. This car is beautiful. Just like that 4,000 mile rio listed for 130k on eBay. Gorgeous examples of unmolested/riced out nsx's.

Yeah, he is the wrong driver, an ex SFPD motorcycle cop. I stand corrected on his HP it is 662 Shelby Cobra. Anyway, just got motoring lights around here in the past couple of years and drove my NSX from Vallejo to Vacaville the other day in third gear, and that's about 20 miles.

Oh well, due to congestion on the roads I'm starting to have second thoughts about an SC. Am looking at a used one right now and I'm sure it will be a gas to drive on the not so frequent open stretch but when it comes time to sell the purists are all going to turn up their noses so I'll likely lose buyers. My daily driver is a Toyota Tacoma so when I get in my Acura I want to drive it like it was built to be driven. Meanwhile, my buddy in his Cobra is creeping along toward the Bay Bridge using maybe 25 of his 662 HP as Kia's weave in out of traffic around him.

I have owned several nsxs (supercharger and na) over the last 15 years and my opinion is this is a car that this (na1 and na2) meant to be na.

Having owned 93, 97 and 2005 I can tell you owning a targa nsx is my least desirable. The chassis is a noodle and the eps is aweful when compared to the coupe chassis which manual steering. Also to me black is the least desirable color as it is the most common, hides this lines of the car, and is always dirty. So why in my opinion the worst chassis, Least desirable color (asside from brook lands) with the supercharger would sell for the highest price just tells you that you can't buy good taste.

No offense intended with this post, but everything I'm saying is true

I guess it could be worse if it were an auto 3.0 liter 02-05

Last edited:
I have owned several nsxs (supercharger and na) over the last 15 years and my opinion is this is a car that this (na1 and na2) meant to be na.

Having owned 93, 97 and 2005 I can tell you owning a targa nsx is my least desirable. The chassis is a noodle and the eps is aweful when compared to the coupe chassis which manual steering. Also to me black is the least desirable color as it is the most common, hides this lines of the car, and is always dirty. So why in my opinion the worst chassis, Least desirable color (asside from brook lands) with the supercharger would sell for the highest price just tells you that you can't buy good taste.

I guess it could be worse if it were an auto 3.0 liter 02-05

Haha noodle chassis. You're going to hear some backlash for that comment.

I wish my nsx was any color but red. But I do like the green.

Yeah, he is the wrong driver, an ex SFPD motorcycle cop. I stand corrected on his HP it is 662 Shelby Cobra. Anyway, just got motoring lights around here in the past couple of years and drove my NSX from Vallejo to Vacaville the other day in third gear, and that's about 20 miles.

Oh well, due to congestion on the roads I'm starting to have second thoughts about an SC. Am looking at a used one right now and I'm sure it will be a gas to drive on the not so frequent open stretch but when it comes time to sell the purists are all going to turn up their noses so I'll likely lose buyers. My daily driver is a Toyota Tacoma so when I get in my Acura I want to drive it like it was built to be driven. Meanwhile, my buddy in his Cobra is creeping along toward the Bay Bridge using maybe 25 of his 662 HP as Kia's weave in out of traffic around him.

I have a 91 CTSC NSX and a TRD supercharged Tacoma. I find them both very enjoyable to drive in socal. Though not in traffic. My electric car is the most enjoyable in traffic.

... in my opinion the worst chassis, Least desirable color (asside from brook lands) with the supercharger would sell for the highest price just tells you that you can't buy good taste.

Don't worry, I'm sure no one takes offense with anything you wrote. But just between you and me, I'm sure we can agree that actually, I am the benchmark for good taste. If anyone's taste differs from mine, objectively speaking, their taste is bad.

Back