• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2007 European NSX event !!!

I'd say spend some time looking into the feasebility of this project.

From previous gatherings i have learned that everyone is jumping up and down when things are being talked over, but when its time to move, there's not much happening. Not trying to bash anyone:tongue: , its just my own experience.
I have also learned that cost is a major factor for a lot of people. I personally dont mind spending money at a excellent hotel staying 2 or 3 nights, have a A+ meal and a huge piss-up. Money can buy you a great time, at least, thats my experience ;)

I have also learned from previous gatherings with the European NSX club and other groups that driving distance is a huge factor as well, not for all, but for a lot it is, which cant be tackled if its a Euro event, but be prepared to see a huge number of owners not showing up unless you organize it next to their door.

I personally think a racetrack should be involved in a meeting, since we dont want peeps to start racing on the streets, in which the organizers wil be responsible for. Secondly, there could be peeps willing to attend who only have a track prepped NSX, not road legal.
SPA is nice, but VERY expensive (did i say nice? its the best circuit i have ever driven). Thats why the ring is such a wonderfull track, you can drive at your own will, dont drive at all costing you no money, or go completely bezerk. I also think that putting in the ring would increase the chance of getting overseas company in, hence, more souls more fun! (dutch saying :tongue: )

For me a 2007 NSX event will be a no brainer, i'll be there, no matter what. Even if me NSX breaks down (again), i will be there with me CTR. Dont care where it is, italy, rusia, or Holland.

Agree with DutchBlackNSX fully.

Everybody likes to be part of an meeting but it's not easy to get people being part of the preparation. NOT to bash/offend anybody.

The NSX-club Switzerland organized some meetings/track events in the past but as somebody already mentioned it seems as they nearly stopped their activities. I don't know why but it looks like they got tired. They didn't even race their NSX's. Simple question: Why didn't we join one NSX Trophy event to meet?

It depends on every single man/woman expectations of the event. For most of us it's a +-500 km trip. Assuming it's a 2 day-event on saturday/sunday it's a weekend drive for the ones or a holiday trip for the others (It's no fun attending an event completely tired all the time). Driving there should be therefore an enjoyable trip for them but it's up to them driving 5 hours nonstop or having a break for a little more fun.

The event has to involve sth that all people expect. If some people don't like racing there must be an alternative at the same time, like a car-detailing course of a wine-degustation or whatever.

Another aspect: We had our 2004 meeting in Grindelwald with about 15 NSX's, some of them of the swiss-french part. 2005 we had it located somewhere else in the swiss-german-part with the result that nearly none of the swiss-french NSX's joined. But in 2005 we had more than 20 NSX, half of them completely new faces. Some of people who joined in 2004 just got pissed of the community for whatever reason they had (ok, they were sitting at a separate table in the restaurant in 2004 but at their own will). I don't have a problem with that at all but that's just how a community changes overtime. I won't force someone out of it (it was THEIR decision not to join, actually they are still on the addresslist and get emails about our activities) but I won't FORCE anybody to join either. In 2006 some people just got fu*ked up we met in 2005. I suspect: The smaller the number of NSX in a country the stronger the community. :)

As usual I've talked much to much.

Last edited:
goldNSX said:
I suspect: The smaller the number of NSX in a country the stronger the community. :)

I agree completely. But I also share DutchblackNSX's opinion: No matter where in Europe ... I'll show up ! :biggrin:

DutchBlackNsx said:
..., russia ...
Russia?!!??:smile:

Well, ok , I suppose i'll be there if it's on.:biggrin:

Vote for your location:

Belgium (Spa)
Germany (the Ring)
Holland (Gamma parking lot):biggrin:
Russia (Red Square or Leningrad, um, St Petersburg)(all of the (one) Finnish guys would like THAT!):biggrin:
France (Alsace-the Grand Ballon area):biggrin: :biggrin:
Italy (anywhere!)
others, (please add)

All seems to have gone a bit quiet on this, any more news ??

Hey NSX'ers,

It's been a while since this topic started ......... but it's time to get things on the road for 2007!

Quit a lot of NSX'ers seem to be enthusiastic about a European NSX event. There were also a lot of great suggestions we can work with.

Here's what's next:

1. December 2006: Launching of www.NSXevent.eu
On this website we will present all kind of information regarding the event and the possibility for all NSX'ers to give their comment and/or suggestions.

2. March 2007: Presenting dates, activities and schedule of the event.

Meanwhile we're trying to get some sponsors for activities and think about nice places to visit during the NSX tour, as well as "talking our way into Honda Europe" to see what they can and want to contribute to this tour.

As soon as the website is up and running, we will be able to communicate all things everyone has to know. In december we will also try to get a representative from every European country to get things up and running.

Looking forward to see you all soon in the virtual world at www.NSXevent.eu and on the road in spring/summer of 2007!

So, be sure to have your NSX ready to roll next year :smile:

Dirk

Last edited:
Hi

This sounds great..looking forward to see what the plans are. I hope I can join.

Regards

DutchNSX, please don't forget me...

Will the event be open to every one to come and look at the NSX's or a NSX owners only event?

Maybe Honda will sponsor the event it's there sportcar!

AdnanVCS said:
Will the event be open to every one to come and look at the NSX's or a NSX owners only event?

Maybe Honda will sponsor the event it's there sportcar!

Try phoning Honda Holland, and start talking about the NSX...lol.... they tell you its a very old forgotten car, and they have no time for such loosers.

Sounds harsh, but this is how i experienced Honda NL, and basicly, this is what other members experience in other european countys (e.g. Swiss).

Try phoning Honda Holland, and start talking about the NSX...lol.... they tell you its a very old forgotten car, and they have no time for such loosers.

Hello Dutch black NSX, i don't know what your experience is with Honda NL but i don't have any problems with them. I have to deal with all car importers in holland from BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Kia and all the others. Do you really think there is a main difference?? THey are all there to make profit off the articles they sell, and yes some will choose for "smart" strategies bij "helping" some clubs, but believe me all this is about money. Belowe the end off the line they must have a positive balance, the higher the better.

greatings ronny

Honda-ronny said:
Hello Dutch black NSX, i don't know what your experience is with Honda NL but i don't have any problems with them. I have to deal with all car importers in holland from BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Kia and all the others. Do you really think there is a main difference?? THey are all there to make profit off the articles they sell, and yes some will choose for "smart" strategies bij "helping" some clubs, but believe me all this is about money. Belowe the end off the line they must have a positive balance, the higher the better.

greatings ronny

Absolutely true, its all about money, but if they work in this way, its a bit short-sighted...init...
All i say is, have a look at the service people in the US get from Honda, and how Honda ranks in the U.S.

Offcourse my experience, and feelings towards Honda Holland, was build by different experiences over the years (about 15 years) off Honda ownership.
I think i remember one Honda dealer we had a NSX meeting at, who nearly was in tears with how bad they got treated by Honda NL.
I do have to add though that in recent years other manufacturers are following Honda's example, but it still doesnt change my feelings towards Honda at all, and it doesnt justify how Honda NL talks to me on the telephone and treat me at their former Ridderkerk based subsidiary.

I've tried different brands, such as Peugeot... they went through the dirt to help us out with a secondhand sold car. A complete different experience then we get from Honda.

Its just that Honda makes a nice good product, which i realy like, and peugeots are crap, oh and french :wink: , oh, and did i mention crap :eek: ?

Now, back on topic :)

Hello Duthc black NSX

I understand what you are telling us and i mostly agree with you. They have had some positibilities to do better. Maybe i am a little bit to predjudice because my hart beats like a honda.
But maybe when the right people take the right steps to Honda netherlands there are chanses to get something worked out. I already told this to Dirk, and beleave me i do have some good contacts at Honda netherlands, Honde belgium and Honda germany. SO i told dirk iff he needs some help from my side he can get it. Offcourse only iff it is reasenable what we would like to ask.

COme one letst turn the wind and blow the wind off chance ( scorpions)

greatings ronny

Honda-ronny said:
and blow the wind off chance ( scorpions)

Wasn't it the wind of change? :) Not worth to think about it but I agree with you on this one, Ronny. Asking them is worth it. After that we know. What is the Honda-support for S800 and S600? But before that we should have a decision of what we want to do next year. Is it mainly a NSX event organised by NSX-enthusiasts or an Honda event, IMO a BIG difference. If Honda is part of it they surely want to influence the meeting itself. It's up to our 'representative' to deal with them. But again, before that we have to be sure WHAT we like to do. I only see suggestions till now and no decision.

goldNSX said:
Wasn't it the wind of change? :)

Lol, well..... to think about it...not in this context :biggrin:

goldNSX said:
Asking them is worth it. After that we know.

Agreed, Hope they pleasently suprise me.
They did come out on an NSX event at Zandvoort a few years ago, but i think they where realy disappointed with how small off a crowd it attracted, but then, it does all matter on who you know....
Never know until one asks.

Yes
due to my fast typing i made some mistake by take the wrong letters SORRY guys.
The S800 CLub has a clear statement, whe don't want to be dependable at Honda NL. So we never asked them Iff you ask someone to do them a favorite it is normal when the ask you back when the need you. ( that's the statement off the s800 club)
About the HVN ( honda friends(v)club) the also don't ask anything at them, the also have the same policy.
But now we have talked enough about this. Lets put our hands together and lets make this event onde off the best next year.
greatings ronny

p.s. DIRK next year at the first weekend off september the will be a huge honds S800 ( the last one that will be arranged by mr Ortmann ) in the Loreley in germany, so please take care off this.

greating sronny

DutchBlackNsx said:

Sounds harsh, but this is how i experienced Honda NL, and basicly, this is what other members experience in other european countys (e.g. Swiss).
Yes i know Honda Holland does have a strange way in dealing with Honda's superior cars like the Legend and the NSX this is what they always say (99% of the time)

A. Hmmmmm we never maid them!
B. Hmmmmm those cars are old.
C. Hmm i don't know where your talking about sorry.
D. No you need to go to America for this!

for there normal rang they are quit good but for the special Honda's they are not the best.

hello everyone ! this is Emanuele from Italy !
If you want to make a really nice week end in the north of Italy in Piedmont, the land of some of the best wines and food in Italy and I can say all over the world, I could organize something, like a meeting, a tour, a really good lunch or dinner, some really interesting roads where to go with some really nice scenary in the hills of Langhe, a really beautiful part of Piedmont full of colors and nice streets.
Let me know.
Emanuele

Be patient...:biggrin: :tongue:

DutchNSX said:
1. December 2006: Launching of www.NSXevent.eu
On this website we will present all kind of information regarding the event and the possibility for all NSX'ers to give their comment and/or suggestions.

2. March 2007: Presenting dates, activities and schedule of the event.

Hey NSX'ers,

Getting impatiënt? I understand. Here's an update of the things we've been doing last weeks:

1. Get the www.nsxevent.eu registered :: DONE
2. Creating a basic structure for the website :: DONE
3. Thinking about gadgets we "need" for the event like T-shirts, flyers, etc.
4. Getting a sponsor to host the website :: DONE

Thanks to Alexander Mul!

www.imade.nl

The website will be up and running around X-Mass ... nice time of the year to think things over and decide what to do with the rest of your life ... attending a NSX event in 2007 for example. :smile:

So in a few weeks we will be able to start communicating about the event through the website.

The following sections (in concept) will be available on the website:
- links
- suggestions
- sponsors
- route map
- media section (we want to get some media attention ...)
- activities/schedule
- organisation team

CU in a few weeks!

Let's go for it!

Hey,

Just to give you an impression of the NSX Event 2007, here's some info on the "rough idea" so far.

1. There will be a main event (green circle) somewhere in Belgium/Germany.
2. The great tour (red line) will go trough The Netherlands - Belgium - France - (Northern) Italy - Switzerland - Germany.
3. Five regional tours (black lines) will take place during the great tour. These tours "hop on" the great tour in sequential order, so anyone who's joining one of these 5 regional tours will be able to join the great tour and finally visit the main event. So far, the 5 regional tours will be:
- Iberian tour (Portugal & Spain)
- Italian tour (Italy)
- Great Brittain tour (UK, Scotland and Ireland)
- Nordic tour (Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland)
- Iron tour (all the counties east of Switzerland)

So from the regional tours (picking up all the NSX'ers on the way ...) everyone enters the main tour. Then finally we will arrive at the main event which will take place a few days (depending on the program) and will include activities for all NSX'ers who join it, such as a track event, eating, drinking, talking, doing nothing, etc. ...

Everyone will be able to decide for themselves which parts of the event they will join, except ofcourse for the "final eating". :wink:

As mentioned before, in the coming weeks we will be busy completing the website. I might be submitting some posts untill www.nsxevent.eu is ready to go. After that, all further activities will be posted on that website.

I attached a map with the rough idea of the tour.

Very important request: To get the regional and great tour going, we need people to help organising these tours. I think we need ONE (contact)person per country to help this NSX event becoming a great success! So please reply to this post by submitting your name and country if you think you can contribute to this event by organising the part of the NSX event which will take place in your country.

Hope to see a lot of you NSX'ers next year!

Attachments

• NSX map.JPG
    NSX map.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestion.
The great tour will take several days if it's not a gumball rally. :tongue::) To make it a fast trip it has to be autobahn/highway which is not very attractive IMO. Don't take me wrong I don't have anything against it as Switzerland is at the end of the great tour and drive to Germany/Belgium more or less directly if the great tour is counterclockwise. But there maybe a lot of people who can't take a week off to join the great tour and would prefer a star. So it will in the response of the local representators to bring their sheeps to the event?

Besides that shouldn't we vote on the date, the duration, the location and the activities first?

Back