• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2007 European NSX event !!!

BlueEyes' NSX said:
The date July 16-24th which Martin is suggesting is fine by me :biggrin:

Fine by me too. Perfect actually...

What to do in Oslo? Nothing to do here... Maybe some other norwegian city or big roads, so much more superb nature rest of the country :)

|Adeel said:
Fine by me too. Perfect actually...

What to do in Oslo? Nothing to do here... Maybe some other norwegian city or big roads, so much more superb nature rest of the country :)

Hi

The plan is to take the NSX by train from Narvik to Oslo. We got to get something going in Oslo for NSX owners going on the trip and those who are not going. Drive somewhere to have lunch and "kick tyres" or something.

Regards

Hey NSX'ers,

I've just updated www.nsxevent.eu with a first suggestion for:
1. Central Tour
2. Main Event

This started with the suggestion of Martin Bergvill who wanted to include the F1 race in the NSX event. I think that's a great idea and therefor I took this as a starting point to get reactions coming from all of you who want to join the first NSX Euro Event in 2007.

From this point on, I really need your comment on these suggestions to work out a final schedule for the Central Tour and Main Event. The detailed specs of the activities mentioned in the Tours and Main Event section on www.nsxevent.eu have not been worked out yet of course because I first need some more feedback from you.

Let me know what you think of the idea!

Thanks and keep on visiting this thread here on Prime and www.nsxevent.eu !

Hi

I will have a closer look at your suggestion during this weekend when I have the time.

I have to work through this on paper and on the map to see what and where we are supposed to be.

Will it be only me and Dirk showing up for this first NSXPO Europe Editon?

Regards

Will it be only me and Dirk showing up for this first NSXPO Europe Editon?

I think as this thread has been sleeping so long it's time that someone takes the leader-ship, makes some definite suggestions, let vote on them and fix the date and the location.

I've to go sleeping too. :)

Hey NSX'ers,

There might be some misunderstanding here, because we do have a (semi) definitive suggestion on how the event could be.

http://www.nsxevent.eu

Here you can find information on how the event will gonna look like and I asked before, give your suggestions and we will have a complete plan up and running before spring 2007!

CU ALL!

I think as this thread has been sleeping so long it's time that someone takes the leader-ship, makes some definite suggestions, let vote on them and fix the date and the location.

I can only repeat myself. It's time to do some decisions by the leader of the pack. :)

I'll go first to help this back on the feet. :) Let's assume that the meeting or the main event takes place somewhere around 21th July 2007 +-1 day (saturday) as far as all the suggestions and ideas led my to this conclusion. It's still open what we will do.

WHO IS IN? (Who is not?)

Write your name on the following list:

10 goldnsx

Speaking only for myself: I won't take a full week off to drive to the main event which is a 5 hours trip on my part. If the main event takes place on the 21th July I'll depart from my location that day or 20th and will be there till sunday. Two days are enough for me I think. :)
To be honest to you: I think the program is too much overloaded deterring people of joining it. Please take no offense by my statement as I know there went much labor into these suggestions. I personally would keep it much simpler.

Hi,

After spending a lot time figuring out how to set up the event, which date would be the best, etc. ... here it is!

Most relevant is the fact that we've set dates and came up with a schedule for the Tour as well as the Main Event.

In a few weeks there will be more detailed info on costs.

Thanks to everyone who helped us with ideas and thinking over alternatives !!!

So come and visit

http://www.nsxevent.eu

Hope to meet you in July :biggrin:

Same goes for me.

Speaking only for myself: I won't take a full week off to drive to the main event which is a 5 hours trip on my part. If the main event takes place on the 21th July I'll depart from my location that day or 20th and will be there till sunday. Two days are enough for me I think. :)

I think I'll join in Koblenz july 19th and participate untill the end (july 23th) ... :rolleyes:

Allthough I do't see the point of going from Koblenz to Frankfurt and then return at Nürnburg ... wouldn't it be better to stay in Eiffel ? Nothing to see in Frankfurt except Honda at Offenbach but I don't think they'll contribute much to this event ...
I was looking at the map and i saw plenty nice roads at Nürnburg direction Trier ...

Last edited:
Write your name on the following list:

9 710 (Peter)
10 goldnsx

I dropped by the Ring on Sunday and did a few laps. I’m pleased to report that the Ring is still there and waiting for us.:biggrin:

I had a very big moment and almost went off at Adenauer Forst.
Again!
So hopefully I will have learned my lesson by this summer.:rolleyes:

I will gladly be there for our "trip".
But I won't be driving to Frankfurt or Koblenz of course.

Looking forward to it!:smile:
Peter

20 july Driving from Mulhouse to Nurburg about 365km
21 july Museums + dinner
22 july F1 Nurburgring

Generally its a good idea to go to the Nürburgring, but during the F1 weekend there will be over 200000 visitors there.
This means.......chaotic traffic and parking situation, finally no a good place for an NSX meeting IMO and not safe !

Today I asked for the track open and close timing plan of the Nordschleife.

The last day where the nordschleife is open
wednesday, 18.07.2007
17.15 - 19.30 pm

than open again
monday 23.07.2007
13 - 19.30 pm

During the F1 event (weekend) the Nordschleife circuit will be used as parking place, driving is not possible.
Its also very difficutlt to stay overnight, all rooms will be booked out 50 km's around

Sorry for my destructive input. I'm at the Nürburgring 20-25 times per year, so I know the situation there.

I was looking at the map and I saw plenty nice roads at Nürburg direction Trier ...
The roads between Moschau and the Nürburgring are good roads to race/drive on, almost like a little Ring version. Takes about 1 hour. Less actually. As you get closer to the Ring, more and more great cars and bikes appear. Very nice. So the Belgium and Dutch guys should drive there through those. Or back.
So E40 exit 38/Eupen/Monschau/Schlieden/Blankenheim/Nürburgring.

For you guys going past Mulhouse, you are driving past some of the best roads in Europe, maybe the best (and a great car museum is there too).
They are the roads near the Grand Ballon. Go as fast as you want, there are no police and no houses. But its mainly 2nd/3rd/4th gear stuff.
Take a look on a map.

Get off the E512/N66 at Cerney (a little north of Mulhouse). Go through Cernay direction Wattwiller. Take the D431 (Route des Cretes) direction Grand Ballon/Le Markstein. There are signs, and you will see the motorcycles going there (with the riders grinning beneath their helmets).

At the top (Le Markstein) take a left on the D27 towards Kruth. Go all the way down. Watch out for the hairy right turn, you will know it when you get there, it will be burned into your memory after you survive it.

Stop at the beautiful lake at the bottom to take beautiful pictures/pee/give thanks you survived/let your brakes cool down and the brake fade go away.

Then head back up the exact same road at reckless speed with a big grin on your face (because if you survived the downhill section, going back uphill will be peanuts).
Back up at the Le Markstein, turn left towards Col de la Schlucht (again on the D430 Route des Cretes). VERY beautiful scenery and great driving roads.

At the Col de la Schluct turn left and head for Gerardmer. Before Gerardmer turn left on the D486 towards La Bresse/Cornmont/Saulxures sur Moselotte (D43) to Remiremont (a hard to find/easy to miss road).

It will take you 3 hours but it will be the best 3 hours of your life. It will make the Ring an anti-climax, and sex will be meaningless.
Then to Epinal and Nancy, Metz/Thionville, that goes quickly. Then to Trier and the Ring.

Maybe I will drive down there and meet you there. It’s THAT good.
You can follow me through the hills (if you can).:biggrin:
It will take me 4.5 hours to get to Mulhouse , let me know your plans. For me it certainly is worth the 4.5 hours drive.

Cool, I've just seen that we have 3 sponsors for this event.
Good input of Detlef for the Nürburgring.

I will join at 19th and 20th of July in Koblenz and Frankfurt.
Maybe 21st at Nuerburgring, but not sure at the moment.

I`m not alone.....:biggrin:
We talked about this European NSX event in the past, but it was not fixed at that time.

Please keep us updated :wink:

Thanx, br Hong

wMTI4MzYyOTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Hello

It seems to mee that this could be a nice event. unfortunalely i will not be there all the time. It is just one week before we go on holiday. I will dicide later on at what time and were i will be on the event.

Dirk thanks for all your input, I apreciate what you are doing for us.

GReat

ronny

Seen the site sounds great!

So can prospective/non-NSX owners joinin?

I will see if i can come not sure.

Back