• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2007 Midwest Spring Fling!!

... I'm running behind schedule picking up another NSX:frown: ,

:frown: :frown: :frown: damn:frown: :frown: :frown:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: BUT FATHERHOOD IS AWESOME! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Brandon,

We were just talking about you this morning when we stopped at the Target. You do know, your always welcome, no matter what you are driving. It would be good to see you again, I hope your acquisition of another NSX will be taken care of by NSXPO, that is: the not to be missed "Big One".:cool:

I am glad that Fatherhood agrees with you so well; CONGRATULATIONS.:biggrin:

ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey all! I'm in for Sunday only. Been doing the new fatherhood thing myself so I'm staying close to home. Thought I'd update the list:

List as of 5/30:

Q - Sean and Stacey - all days
Frank Oles - Frank and Cindy
Bob Kenney - Bob and Pam
RutRX7 - Brian
CL65Captain
Tinker219 - Cody and Jen - tentative
DRZZZ - Dave - tentative
plumcraezy - Rae and Dave - Friday, Sat morn, Sun. aftern, Monday
Swift - Ben - tentative (we like Legends too!)
ChitownNSX - Joe - Friday, Saturday
nsxtasy - Ken - all days
RP-Motorsports - Tom - Monday (tentative)
nsx2tall - Randy and Lisa - Saturday, Sunday breakfast
YellowNSX - Friday - Sunday
Briank - Brian - Monday
Valenzul - Val - Friday, Sunday tentative
ALSWEL - Friday, Saturday
ROC CHGONSX - Sunday

Hate to miss Starved Rock, but looking forward to Sunday!

teaser_rsrs.jpg

The car is at the painter so no fun events for us :frown:

I might shoot down on Monday with the Ford if the stars align and I complete a few key projects in time.

Last edited:
teaser_rsrs.jpg

The car is at the painter so no fun events for us :frown:

I might shoot down on Monday with the Ford if the stars align and I complete a few key projects in time.

Cody,

I love the new 2 tone paint and the masked windshield and roof is a nice touch. :wink: :biggrin:

OK, you have GOOD excuse for not showing up but you didn't need to go running over a possum to get out of hanging out with us. :rolleyes:

Seriously; you and Jen will be missed, you added so much to our December get together. I looking forward to see the 2 of you later in the season. Keep me informed of any NSX events in your area and I will try to make some. Fore sure NSXPO in October is a not to be missed get together.

Spring Fling is tomorrow, I can't believe how fast time flew by!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Even if you haven't signed up, feel free to drop by and attend any of our events planned. If you have a glimmer of wanting to attend, get up and go!!!! It'll be a ton of fun!

Sean -

This IS exciting. Have you tested your walkies yet? Remember to charge them babies up.

On a side note, we should maybe have a plan B as far as dinner is concerned Friday night, in case Ballydoyle is swamped again (the mexican/italian place shut down). I guess we could always shoot up Highland to Yorktown area - there are a bunch of restaurants there, including a new Rock Bottom which is pretty nice. Just a thought.

A few other notes on the meet tomorrow at Downers Grove...

Meet at the normal spot, which is the East lot right by the Metra Train Station. This lot usually is the last to fill up. I'll try and get there as early as I can (coming in from Downtown) and save a few extra spots, but the earlier the better.

A few other notes on the meet tomorrow at Downers Grove...

Meet at the normal spot, which is the East lot right by the Metra Train Station. This lot usually is the last to fill up. I'll try and get there as early as I can (coming in from Downtown) and save a few extra spots, but the earlier the better.[/QUOTE]

Frank,

I will also try to duck out of work early and help you fight off the "mussel car" guys for spots. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Here we go again, a new season.:cool: :biggrin:

The weather reports have been mixed, and have actually been getting more favorable as the week has progressed.

There was some chance of rain on almost every NSX event I attended last year, including the "Secret Exotic Car Meet," which rained like crazy and then cleared. If I had bagged that event because of weather, I would have really missed out.

Sometimes you just have to go for it.

Yeah, I'm hoping the rain stays away. I'm not letting weather screw me over again!!

Umm yea... Rain or no Rain I will be attending... Believe it or not... Rain will not harm your NSX....

Hmmm, your avatar looks vaguely familiar! :wink:

Umm yea... Rain or no Rain I will be attending... Believe it or not... Rain will not harm your NSX....

Yeah, I know rain won't harm it, but it's like boating during a thunderstorm or downhill skiing in the rain -- they're a LOT more fun in the sun!::rolleyes: Come on, sun! :biggrin:

I've been flummoxed in the past couple of weeks by being out of town most of that time (including five days at Mid-Ohio) plus computer problems that have been an absolute PITA. I'll still try to make as much of the event as possible, but I will probably skip the Starved Rock portion. And I might bring the other car rather than the NSX. Right now my NSX has street tires that are ALMOST ready to replace (which means they're not going to be great in rain) and insect residue from my garage at Mid-Ohio (I may spend today detailing it). Oh, and the usual worn pads and cracked rotors when I'm done at the track. Anyway, I hope to see everyone at the event!

I was watching channel 9 news this morning and they said there is a slight chance for rain this evening. The rain out west is stalling out and diminishing as it approaches. Saturday and Sunday there is a chance for rain, but it will be scattered and NOT a washout. Should be plenty of dry weather.

I was watching channel 9 news this morning and they said there is a slight chance for rain this evening. The rain out west is stalling out and diminishing as it approaches. Saturday and Sunday there is a chance for rain, but it will be scattered and NOT a washout. Should be plenty of dry weather.

I agree, the latest forecast is showing less than a 10% chance of any rain tonight. :biggrin: :cool:

If it rains, you can blame me. I just spent four hours detailing the NSX, removing all the black tire marks from the track, using Zymol HD-Cleanse to prep the finish, and putting a nice coat of Zymol NSX wax on it.

I might skip tonight's car show (and the rush hour traffic I would need to deal with to be there) and just meet everyone at the restaurant for dinner.

If it rains, you can blame me. I just spent four hours detailing the NSX, removing all the black tire marks from the track, using Zymol HD-Cleanse to prep the finish, and putting a nice coat of Zymol NSX wax on it.

I might skip tonight's car show (and the rush hour traffic I would need to deal with to be there) and just meet everyone at the restaurant for dinner.

Ken,

If you can make it tonight that would be great; if not, tomorrow's drive, lunch/dinner should be a Great Day. I am sure in either case, you will turn a lot of heads with your bright shinny NSX. :biggrin: See you in the morning.

HD Cleanse is the best paint cleansing product I've ever used. Period.

I'm hooked on Zymol products. Plus they smell great. It's like being at the beach.

See you all there tonight!

- Frank

PS - Do we have reservations at Ballydoyle, or are we playing it by ear?

Posted ten minutes ago on the Chicago Tribune/WGN-TV website:

SEVERE WEATHER POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING

Tornado watch issued for Chicago’s western suburbs, powerful storms may ultimately sweep into city toward Friday evening and night

A tornado watch has been issued for north-central and northwest Illinois—including western counties of the greater Chicago metropolitan area----until 7 pm this evening. Other sections of the Chicago area—including the city itself—could be at risk for active and possibly severe thunderstorms later this evening until around midnight Friday night if these storms hold together. Issuance of this watch by the National Weather Service’s Storm Prediction Center indicates developing atmospheric conditions support severe thunderstorms and possible tornadoes in AND NEAR the watch area. Humid air heated by Friday afternoon’s sunlight and twisted as it ascends into rotating supercell thunderstorms by powerful jet stream winds aloft are the driving forces behind a powerful eastbound squall line churning as of mid Friday afternoon across western Illinois. Radar scans of cloud top heights indicate the strongest these storms tower to heights of 47,000 ft.. Only the most vigorous thunderstorms grow to such heights. Several computer models, among them our in-house RPM (Rapid Process Mesoscale model) suggest these storms could hold together as they sweep into at least sections of extreme northeast Illinois between 7 and 10 p.m. Thunderstorms could last until midnight or shortly after.

Chicago area counties currently under a tornado watch until 7 pm include;

Boone, DeKalb, Kane, LaSalle, Livingston, Winnebago, Ogle, Lee, Kendall Grundy and McHenry.

Tom Skilling

Posted by wgnweather at 2:12 PM

Sorry, but I'm going to back out of tonight's dinner. On the radar map, there's a line of thunderstorms out to the west and I really don't like the looks of it. Discretion is the better part of wimping out, or something like that. ;)

Weather permitting, I'll see everyone at dinner tomorrow (Kathy will be joining me, so add one to the headcount) and possibly breakfast. See you then.

Back