• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2007 Midwest Spring Fling!!

It was fun dodging hail on the way home!!! I was able to avoid all but a sprinkle by driving like crazy into the gap between the north storm cell and the south one that creaped just south of Downers Grove.. :eek:

Hope everyone else faired well. if hail happend.. let me know,,,, I got a dent guy!!!!

Special thanks to everyone that braved the weather to attend the kick-off dinner for Spring Fling!

My car didn't even get wet - thanks to Sean's idea to retreat to the covered parking structure. Turns out we only caught the tail end of the storm, and then it cleared pretty quickly. No big whoop. Unfortunately, I think the weather chased all the Veyrons away this week.:biggrin:

In attendance tonight (in no particular order):

Frank Oles
Plumcraezy
Bob Kenney
Q
RutRX7
Chitown NSX
Yellow NSX
DRZZZ
valenzul
NSX6
ALSWEL

I think Sean impressed everybody with his extensive list of new mods. Nice work - your car has never looked better.

Hopefully, we'll get lucky with weather tomorrow and have a memorable and safe drive. See you all at breakfast...

- Frank

Change of plans! I'll be participating today, see you all at breakfast. Looks like the day is starting out nicely too!

Pancake Cafe
1292 Rickert Dr Ste 168
Naperville, IL 60540

(630) 637-1010

Las tnite the guys said anywhere between 8-9am.

For the record, I was at Absolutely Delicious around 8.

Then I looked at Bob's Itinerary and it said 10.

I didn't wait around.

Frank,

Your input during the event planning was invaluable! This incident does points out a serious flaw in our communications, given one of the planners was confused. :confused:

I dropped the ball on that, I am Most Sorry for any confusion or mix-ups that may have occurred on anyones part! :confused:

The itinerary, as far as times and locations, will be refined for any future events in an effort prevent any misunderstanding or confusion. :biggrin:

Friday nights at Downers will be an on going get together just to talk cars and have a bit to eat. We will have a chance to "Debrief" on "Spring Fling" concerning what worked, what did not and how to improve communication for future events.

Any and all who care to show-up are Always Welcome. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I was disappointed there wasn't a drive after absolutely delicious. But there are more events to come:biggrin: But Hey!!! I finally got to meet Ken S.
Frank, I will have to speak to my neighbor, he goes to a car show in Roselle Every Sat? I think.... The cars from Barrington are usually there. He's mentioned that the cars that come are high caliber exotics there. Lets see if this is true... This is in your home plate:smile:

Frank, that scene when we were going home reminded me of the CARS movie where the "Ricer" cars were circling MAC :rolleyes:

Those two cars were hilarious doing that till they were convinced we weren't gonna race them.

-Val

An Award; that shall be know as the "Peppermint Patty Award", shall be bestowed on Sean for several "Mile-Stones" achieved during this weekend's event.

Sean; using sharp mind and quick wit; had the NSX contingent move into a covered parking garage on Friday night so we could enjoy dinner and not worry about the weather. :biggrin:

Sean's car turned an esteemed 100K during our cruise to Starved Rock. :biggrin:

Sean removed additional weight from his car in Starved Rock parking area to further enhance its performance. :eek:

Sean's great concern in not ignoring the upper levels of his speedometer beyond what any of the rest cared to do for our car's, exhibited his true automotive enthusiasm. :eek: :biggrin:

These Mile-Stones in combination, Hands Down, wins Sean this "prestigious" award. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Congratulations Sean!!! :cool: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Bob and Frank,

The drive was AWESOME!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (I personally observed all posted speed limits at all times) Thanks for all the pre-planning, it was well worth it!

Dave

Thanks to everyone who came out and made this years Spring Fling a most memorable and great event! It was fantastic to see everyone again, and I hope everyone had fun.

Thank you Bob for the "Peppermint Patty Award"!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It was momentous occasion to turn 100K on the group drive, almost weirdly appropriate, I couldn't have planned that one.

Monday at Gingerman went very well. Early on the track felt pretty slick, but as the day wore on it got better. After a few runs, with changes to tire pressures and suspension settings, my car tracked beautifully. Briank, Rae and Dave, Ken Sax, Howard from NY, and myself rounded out the NSX contingent. For those who weren't at Gingerman, you missed something special. John Vasos and Brian Hunter were running the AoB GT2 NSX. Holy crap is that thing a beast!:eek: What a treat to finally meet Brian and see the car actually on the track!!

Sean removed additional weight from his car in Starved Rock parking area to further enhance its performance. :eek:

Almost forgot this one (trying to put it out of memory!) Thanks Bob for helping me out with that situation, I owe you big time!

BIG thanks are in order for everyone who helped make the Spring Fling what it was this year.

First, thanks to everyone who braved the weather to make it out to the events.

Bob and Sean - thank you both for planning an enjoyable event overall, and an especially GREAT group drive. The last leg of the journey was incredible. The radios also made for some fun commentary along the way. It takes so much effort to put these events together. Much appreciation.

Yes there were some snags along the way. Small things. But hey, it'd be boring without a little drama!

Personally, I'm going to try to make every Downers Grove Friday I can this Summer. Maybe next time I'll actually break away from the NSXs and check out the rest of the cars.

Thanks again for a fun event. I look forward to the time when Clayton can enjoy it as much as I do.:smile:

- Frank

Val -

Yeah, hell will freeze before I race a Dodge Caliber! Plus 355 is about the worst road you could speed on - traps everywhere.

As far as the Roselle cruise, I would be really amazed if exotic machinery was showing up here. Roselle is a sleepy little town, and the cruise night is brand new this year. Unfortunately it is also on Friday. Maybe I'll buzz through there on my way to Downers this Friday.

Big thanks to everyone who planned and everyone who participated. I will be running extra hard this week to remove the excess calories.

I *really* would have loved to be at Gingerman. The MVPtracktime event at Autobahn was well done, but the rain never let up. Of course, guess who's car was never passed in the 4 wet sessions... :biggrin:. Thanks for letting me temp cycle the rotors and tires on the Saturday drive with the "other" car.

-RJ

Back