• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2007 Midwest Spring Fling!!

Q

Experienced Member
2007 Midwest Spring Fling!
June 1st - June 4th

We're pleased to inform you that our annual Spring Fling tradition is alive and well, albeit a little late this year. Since Ken Sax has been very busy making preparations for NSXPO this year (hats off to Ken :smile:) , some of the midwest guys got together and volunteered to help Ken out and take on the responsibility of making this years Spring Fling a reality.

This year Spring Fling will be a little different, but our hope is that you will enjoy it just the same. The majority of the events will be based in Northern Illinois, but fear not, as we are still keeping the Monday track event at Gingerman as part of the tradition. This is a great opportunity to meet new friends, reinforce established relationships, and show off all those mods you done all winter!

Like last year, you are welcome to join in some or all of the events. We will not have a formal registration for Spring Fling, as we’ve decided that this year each individual will be responsible for her/his own costs.

Listed below is the general itinerary for the events planned. A detailed itinerary and maps to locations will come out very soon. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!

Friday, June 1st

Saturday, June 2nd

Sunday, June 3rd
  • Breakfast/brunch at Absolutely Delicious
  • Group drive/tour of downtown Chicago
  • Group drive to South Haven, Michigan

Monday, June 4th
  • Track day hosted by CGI Motorsports at GingerMan Raceway - South Haven, Michigan
NOTE! - YOU MUST REGISTER SEPARATELY FOR THE TRACK EVENT!
The link below will take you to the CGI Motorsports web site where you can download the registration form for the event.

Hotel Accomodations
You’ll be responsible for your own hotel accommodations. If you will be attending the track event, CGI Motorsports has arranged special rates with Comfort Suites in South Haven, MI. Let them know you are a CGI student to receive a special $64.95 room rate.

Please respond to this thread indicating if you will be joining us for Spring Fling. Please indicate how many people and what activity you plan on attending. This will help us to plan our headcount for the event. Hope to see you this year at the 2007 Midwest Spring Fling!

Last edited:
List of Spring Fling attendees:

Q - Sean and Stacey Williams

List of Spring Fling attendees:

Q - Sean and Stacey Williams
Frank Oles - Frank and Cindy Oles

I'm in for this. Can't wait. Put one down for me. Fri, Sat, and Sun

Brian

Last edited:
Edit:

Please respond to this thread indicating if you will be joining us for Spring Fling. Please indicate how many people and what activity you plan on attending. This will help us to plan our headcount for the event.

Thanks!

Q - Sean and Stacey Williams - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday

Dave & Rae are in for:
Event kickoff at the Downers Grove, Illinois car show
Dinner at Ballydoyle's - Downers Grove, Illinois
Breakfast at the Pancake Cafe - Naperville, Illinois
Group drive to South Haven, Michigan
Track day hosted by CGI Motorsports at GingerMan Raceway

I should be able to attend one of the events. I do not know which one considering i am going to attend a midwest acura legend meet. (if my motor is done in time). I am into video editing and such and love NSXs. I showed up once at downers grove to meet a few guys before.

probably the first or 2nd.

thanks.

Ben

Don't tell me the snail is on a possum diet. :eek: :rolleyes:

Nope, the snail prefers fresh air for dinner:biggrin: The fenders, upper/lower bumper, and lip sure got their fill of possum though; unfortunately, I am NOT exagerating.

I'm anticipating a one month turn-around with reguards to bodywork. If paintwork will be delayed further than the track day, maybe I will wait until AFTER the track event to paint the car. If this happens, we probably will not make the social events because raw FRP is not sexy enough.

Nope, the snail prefers fresh air for dinner:biggrin: The fenders, upper/lower bumper, and lip sure got their fill of possum though; unfortunately, I am NOT exagerating.

I'm anticipating a one month turn-around with reguards to bodywork. If paintwork will be delayed further than the track day, maybe I will wait until AFTER the track event to paint the car. If this happens, we probably will not make the social events because raw FRP is not sexy enough.

Cody, we don't care what your car looks like, just how it RUNS. :rolleyes:
You can always drive your truck or even my truck to the breakfasts/lunches/dinners; to have you and Jen at the social events will only make them better events. :cool:

Best of LUCK on the needed repairs. :biggrin:
Did you really cook and eat that possum just for spite. :wink: :eek:

Cody, we don't care what your car looks like, just how it RUNS. :rolleyes:
You can always drive your truck or even my truck to the breakfasts/lunches/dinners; to have you and Jen at the social events will only make them better events. :cool:

Best of LUCK on the needed repairs. :biggrin:
Did you really cook and eat that possum just for spite. :wink: :eek:

actually we cooked it on the engine of the Noble.

:tongue:

List as of 5/07:

Q - Sean and Stacey - all days
Frank Oles - Frank and Cindy
Bob Kenney - Bob and Pam
RutRX7 - Brian
CL65Captain
Tinker219 - Cody and Jen - tentative
DRZZZ - Dave - tentative
plumcraezy - Rae and Dave - Friday, Sat morn, Sun. aftern, Monday
Swift - Ben - tentative (we like Legends too!)
ChitownNSX - Joe - Friday, Saturday
nsxtasy - Ken - all days

Let's keep it rolling! :biggrin:

Back