• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2011 lexus isf crushed for illegal street racing

Hopefully this is just the shell. There's a few things weird about this car:
1) It has no disc brakes & calipers
2) there's a weird dent on the lower driver side door by the front fender.
3) does the suspension really look like that? Where's the springs?

I'm in the camp that you should resell this thing and use the money toward something meaningful. Some much effort and energy was used to create this car and now it's all for nothing...

Last edited:

I'm in the camp that you should resell this thing and use the money toward something meaningful. Some much effort and energy was used to create this car and now it's all for nothing...

1) Aluminum scrap for the monster calipers. Rotors probably just fell off after the calipers were removed.
2) No idea
3) Not sure, but I wouldn't want springs shooting out if I were crushing a car.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C-mwmti1vdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do the crime, do the...pay the price.

So, if a law is passed, even if the penalty is draconian, it's OK with you that the penalty be applied to anyone who commits the crime? At what point does it become not OK? 10 year prison sentence for street racing? Death penalty? Would a $60,000 fine for street racing be OK? Because that's essentially what this is.

I will be the first to agree that if there is a crime committed, then one should have to pay a penalty, but the penalty should be reasonable.

On #2, that is a sort of fake vent which is part of the design of the IS-F's skirts. The regular IS series does not have it.

I will be the first to agree that if there is a crime committed, then one should have to pay a penalty, but the penalty should be reasonable.

Well, that's rather what the 8th Amendment to the Constitution says:

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

In my opinion, crushing the dude's car is an "excessive fine".

Not that this country has cared what's in the Constitution for the past 60 or so years, mind you.

On #2, that is a sort of fake vent which is part of the design of the IS-F's skirts. The regular IS series does not have it.

I know about the vent.
#2 refers to the dent in the lower part of the front door. Note the gap where the door meets the fender and the "fold" at the bottom of the front door.

I thought the point was to avoid accidents; Granny cruising around in a Lexus IS-F sounds more dangerous than street-racing :eek:

Believe it or not, the first IS-F I saw on the street was pulling into a gas station and low and behold the driver was EASILY 55yrs+ Lady...

Why not just revoke the guy's license and seize the car? I hope it was just a one-time publicity stunt to draw attention. Regularly destroying perfectly good property when it can serve other useful purposes makes no sense.

@ least the car could be donated to a School or something, to dismantle, work on the car, body, also, donated to an elderly community to transport them to the grocery store, an engineering school, a technical school, so many possibilities, so little will.

Oscar

How about selling the car at the auction rather than crushing and use the money for something useful? More police officers perhaps?

Totally agree.

Should have painted it pink and made the guy drive it for a year :redface:. Makes no sense to destroy anything useful - except maybe atomic bombs :eek:.

Has anyone actually verified the story on this? Afterall, it is the internet. Just sayin....:wink:

I just watched the video for the first time. I was assuming based on the video, it looked legit, but after seeing it then googling, I gotta vote that this whole story is fake. It's on every car site out there, but not a single legit news site that I've been able to find.

So, if a law is passed, even if the penalty is draconian, it's OK with you that the penalty be applied to anyone who commits the crime? At what point does it become not OK? 10 year prison sentence for street racing? Death penalty? Would a $60,000 fine for street racing be OK? Because that's essentially what this is.

10 year sentence for street racing? No
Death Penalty? No
$60,000 fine? Some countries have fines based off of income levels, so sure why not, lets go Obama with this. I'm sure the $60,000 will help out with current budget problems in most counties around the US.
Car crushed? Definitely! or.......... the guilty party can cough up that $60,000 fine to save their car.

That is a crazy amount for just street racing.
If you want to suspend their license, fine, but to seize a car is nuts.

like I said before, if someone gets hurt while your street racing, then that is a different story.

Why not seize the car for running a red light?
I bet more people are killed each year from people running lights than street racing.

Or some other stats from here: http://www.examiner.com/sports-car-in-tampa-bay/illegal-street-racing-statistics
Police pursuit accidents have an average of 300 to 400 deaths per year.
Average yearly fatal street racing related deaths in US: 135

Maybe we should crush the police cars?

Good.
It's not your car, don't cry about it.
Don't want your car crushed? Then don't be stupid and street race.

Cars don't have feelings.
That owner did and he sure as hell got them hurt along with his pocket book.

Do the crime, do the...pay the price.
Wrong.

Take the car away from the offender, but don't crush it for freaking sake.

Donate the car to someone in need, sell it to fund worthy causes.

Crushing it is truly retarded. Like burning hundred dollar bills to make a point. Stupid.

Believe it or not, the first IS-F I saw on the street was pulling into a gas station and low and behold the driver was EASILY 55yrs+ Lady...

Funny you say that, I pulled up next to a lady in an ISF on sunday...easily over 55 too.

I'm very skeptical about cars being crushed.

My questions are:
1. Do they really have the power to do so?
2. If the car is financed, is the lien holder responsible?
3. If the registered owner is responsible, is the Insurance company the liable party to pay off the lien?
4. If the insurance company refused to pay, does that mean the registered owner is off the hook since the collateral loan no longer exist.
5. Under what condition is the car confiscated? I see people get pull over all the time, only tickets are given with multiple points on the driving record.

I'm very skeptical about cars being crushed.

My questions are:
1. Do they really have the power to do so?
2. If the car is financed, is the lien holder responsible?
3. If the registered owner is responsible, is the Insurance company the liable party to pay off the lien?
4. If the insurance company refused to pay, does that mean the registered owner is off the hook since the collateral loan no longer exist.
5. Under what condition is the car confiscated? I see people get pull over all the time, only tickets are given with multiple points on the driving record.

I have heard of cars involved with street racing being crushed for years. For example, this article references it:

http://www.examiner.com/sports-car-in-tampa-bay/huge-illegal-street-racing-bust-400-cars-seized

In California, a vehicle is crushed with the owner present as part of the penalty for illegal street racing. This radical type of punishment works but also has it's negative aspects. Now that street racers know their cars will be crushed, they're even more tempt to flee. Does crushing a car make the road safer?

Punish the offender .... makes no sense to destroy the cars .... they will just get another one. Like drunk drivers .... will crushing there cars pervent them from driving drunk again .... lets lock up the offenders.

Gansan, I have seen this video before, but it does not answer the question I posted in terms of financial responsibilities if the car owner does not own the pink slip, which was my question raised but not answered at the end of the video. So far all the cars I have seen are 20 years old fixed up beaters.

Last edited:
Back