• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2011 Mustang GT

2011-ford-mustang-gt_460x0w.jpg

I test drove a new 5.0 yesterday I have to say that I was pretty impressed. It had great torque, available everywhere. The gearing seemed perfect. The clutch and shifter may be the best I've ever driven. Silky smooth.

I know the car is fairly heavy but it behaved much better than it should. Felt well planted but not choppy. It transitions very quickly on a slalom.

The interior was very cool to look at. Nice accents, chrome pieces and etc. The radio was the suck and the leather was okay but not really my taste. The seats were excellent though. Firm but in the right places.

I would have liked to have driven one with the 3.73 rear and brembo package but they didn't have one.

Anyone else driven one? Bought one? Thoughts?

:cool:

Ummm... The new GTO looks like a saturn that is stretched out is the only problem. It goes like Hell but it doesn't look good.

As for the mustang it is a huge improvement on the old version of the car. They actually have a V8 that delivers power like it should and the handling is improved as well. Not too shabby.

The clutch and shifter may be the best I've ever driven. Silky smooth.

That really is a bold statement coming from someone familiar with the NSX and S2000 gearboxes. :eek:

Ummm... The new GTO looks like a saturn that is stretched out is the only problem. It goes like Hell but it doesn't look good.

As for the mustang it is a huge improvement on the old version of the car. They actually have a V8 that delivers power like it should and the handling is improved as well. Not too shabby.

I feel insulted.

I rather it look like a Grand Am or Prix than a planet with some Hula Hoop.

GTO bland look is good. I race with headers and full exhaust against a stang and the cops (so far) have always pull over the stang or glare at the stang.

If people mistaken my car for a buick I would be even happier.

-Sleeper Supercharged V8

I feel insulted.

I rather it look like a Grand Am or Prix than a planet with some Hula Hoop.

GTO bland look is good. I race with headers and full exhaust against a stang and the cops (so far) have always pull over the stang or glare at the stang.

If people mistaken my car for a buick I would be even happier.

-Sleeper Supercharged V8

Well with that mentality then this should be right up your alley:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3Gdm_e_hxs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3Gdm_e_hxs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Well with that mentality then this should be right up your alley:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3Gdm_e_hxs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3Gdm_e_hxs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

that's old news.

Gus was the first that took a town and country turbo'd 3 speed minivan (fully loaded for soccer events) and ran 12's. He also had an Acclaim.

he was my inspiration for the GTO.

I've driven one and beat 2 of them.

GTO > Mustang.

The interior of the GTO leather, ergo, fit and finish is better.

I'm shocked! :eek:

I've driven one and beat 2 of them.

GTO > Mustang.

The interior of the GTO leather, ergo, fit and finish is better.

Riiiiiight......BUT a 2011 Mustang V6 > 2011 Pontiac GTO. :D

Let's not even talk about the 2012 models! :eek:

Riiiiiight......BUT a 2011 Mustang V6 > 2011 Pontiac GTO. :D

Let's not even talk about the 2012 models! :eek:

Well if Pontiac was still alive (too bad the good stuff from Holden came a bit late in the game) this would have been the NEW GTO.

And I know that u would have a hard-on for it.

holden-coupe-60-4-big.jpg

holden-coupe-60-3-big.jpg

holden-coupe-60-6-big.jpg

holden-coupe-60-7-big.jpg

holden-coupe-60-2-big.jpg

Holden_coupe60_126.jpg

Looks like a 2 door version of the G8:

pontiacg82008.jpg

pontiac_sema_g8_concept_001.jpg

C&D had a nice comparison write up between the new GT and the M3:eek: Surprisingly the GT did very well against the M3.

The holden is designed by a European company correct?

Plus you can still fit a Holden front on a G8...I seen one driving around my area...but still its was designed in Europe that's why it looks so good.

The holden is designed by a European company correct?

Plus you can still fit a Holden front on a G8...I seen one driving around my area...but still its was designed in Europe that's why it looks so good.

australia_flag_map.png

Imagine a German car with an American V8 and tranny.

Now that's fun with all that monstrous TQ......

Guys I drive a Holden Commodore V8 and its mental.

I just can't understand why they never sold them in the U.S.!!!

They do sell the Holden's now as Pontiac G8 and GTO and new Chevy Caprice (which is really the same as the G8, but longer wheelbase).

I don't understand how a thread about Mustangs ended up with a bunch of posts about Holdens and GTOs.

Start your own thread.

toetap05.gif

Well, you've convinced me to go drive one.

Out of curiousity if nothing else.

I like witnessing American car companies upping the bar.

A bit impressed by the strategy that Ford took with the revised Mustang, sharing parts between the v6 and v8 models seems to have paid off, the Boss with the track pack looks like a viable turn key track toy as well.

I rented a 2011 Mustang 5.0 for a few days for a road trip. In the middle of a deserted highway with rain coming down I floored it from a stop and it didn't break loose and still hit the speed limiter in seconds (130kph limiter, can't disable traction control). I'd definitely consider one as a daily driver, but not something I'd want to modify or repair myself.

Back