• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S kicks serious asses

I have to tell you that I have an R8, and it seriously is what the next gen NSX should have been. The refinement, quality, and performance is simply amazing. If anyone has seen the NatGeo Ultimate Factories show on the manufacturing of the R8, they can attest to how well built it is (you can find the whole show on youtube).

I've driven the GT3, and that is incredible as well. They are two different vehicles that cater to somewhat differnt needs. I take comfort in the fact that the Audi fits my needs (and that of my wife's as well).

I have the V8.

My condolences.

-SOS SC NSX

Why would you say that? It's not all about just speed or straightline racing.
I'm envious of Yawwn. He's got a killer pad, good taste in cars and even his own vineyard (if I remember correctly). But oh, I forget, he doesn't have a GTO.....

Having owned 1 2006 Porsche Carrera and now onto my 3rd NSX I will give the 911 props in every category except appearance.

The Carrera was fun to own, practical, powerful, handles superbly, but wasn't anything special. I have always wanted to own a 911 and glad I bought one and had some fun with it. But I want a special car and that's why I have a NSX. Not special as it the attention it gets but knowing its a car I fell in love with when I was 14 years old.

If you had to pick only 1 car to own and use it as your daily driver then I'd go with a 911. Its practical and fun to drive.

If you had the option of also owning a daily driver and keeping the NSX as your occasional driver or weekend car or garage queen then the NSX hands down.

The cars are so closely matched but the 911 just edges out the NSX in almost all categories. But they are on every street, every corner.

Why would you say that? It's not all about just speed or straightline racing.
I'm envious of Yawwn. He's got a killer pad, good taste in cars and even his own vineyard (if I remember correctly). But oh, I forget, he doesn't have a GTO.....

My condolences to you too for the Targa top, extra weight, more chassis flex and second set of O2 sensors that can't be flipped off with a simple program (as in the LSx platforms).

The V10 version not only has more power, but sounds better. And yes, 400~HP and the R8's weight is meh by today's standards.

Car's the Maggied GTO has killed with 1-4 occupants in the GTO:

GTR
CTS-V Supercharged
R8
Gallardo
E55 (this one was the toughest to beat. I suspect he had a pulley upgrade)
E63
CLS55
etc.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278843

Last edited:
I think comparing a C2S is not the same as a turbo, turbo S or GT3. I drove a GT3 and it was simply amazing. I love the turbo Porsches as well. I agree with all other comments here regarding the NSX being left in the dust. The NSX is a classic sports car now. It needs some upgrades to make it drive the same way as other cars out there.

The one comment I hear regarding P cars is they all look the same. I don't agree with that unless you don't know which car is which. I mean Porsche did produce a Carrera for 30 years so the differences were not dramatic over that time but they certainly look good for each generation.

I have a total911 Magazine that compares a 91 NSX to a Porsche 964 and the writers actually award the NSX the winner. Here is the catch. They are comparing the 911 of that time and year and not even a 993 or 996 Carrera. They made huge leaps in technology from the 964 to the 997. The NSX didn't change hardly at all in 15 years I think. In some ways I think buying a 2005 NSX is a raw deal because you are getting 90's engineering for a high price these days. They still look good but is it worth it? If I had $45k to blow on a car it would not go that way. A used 996 GT3 can be had for that amount I believe. The GT3 is just as rare if not more rare than the NSX in this case too. I think too many owners from this NSXPRIME site have lost touch with what is a real sports car or worth the money in today's economy and engineering time.

Thought-provoking and true. I've reread this post several times now as a means of making myself whip up some interest in the other marques.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go install an aoogah horn in the NSX.

Having owned 1 2006 Porsche Carrera and now onto my 3rd NSX I will give the 911 props in every category except appearance.

The Carrera was fun to own, practical, powerful, handles superbly, but wasn't anything special. I have always wanted to own a 911 and glad I bought one and had some fun with it. But I want a special car and that's why I have a NSX. Not special as it the attention it gets but knowing its a car I fell in love with when I was 14 years old.

If you had to pick only 1 car to own and use it as your daily driver then I'd go with a 911. Its practical and fun to drive.

If you had the option of also owning a daily driver and keeping the NSX as your occasional driver or weekend car or garage queen then the NSX hands down.

The cars are so closely matched but the 911 just edges out the NSX in almost all categories. But they are on every street, every corner.

About a week ago I saw a perfect Silver NSX with a black top and chrome rims in drive by. I hopped in my car and caught up with it, the guy parked and I stayed in the lot about a minute just admiring it. Also saw a new 997.2 dirive by, white with camel, pefectly clean. I couldn't care less about the Porsche. I know how good they are, I've owned 4. I'll take my 03 NSX back in a heartbeat over a new 911.

My condolences to you too for the Targa top, extra weight, more chassis flex and second set of O2 sensors that can't be flipped off with a simple program (as in the LSx platforms).

The V10 version not only has more power, but sounds better. And yes, 400~HP and the R8's weight is meh by today's standards.

GTR
CTS-V Supercharged
R8
Gallardo
E63
CLS55
etc.

My member name says it all.

...yawwn...

no disrespect, as we've never met, but it's like a broken record with you.

Just like Matt said, it's not all about the power. As I said, it fits the needs of my wife and me.

Sorry for the detour with your thread Steve. Back to topic.

Last edited:
My member name says it all.

...yawwn...

no disrespect, as we've never met, but it's like a broken record with you.

Just like Matt said, it's not all about the power. As I said, it fits the needs of my wife and me.

Sorry for the detour with your thread Steve. Back to topic.

yaawwwnnn

I would probably buy a Ford GT since they hold their value well for a $100k if I could.

having purchased a FGT recently.. i can tell you unequivically the only FGT you'll find at that price is salvaged, or more than 100k miles (if there is one out there).

GTR
CTS-V Supercharged
R8
Gallardo
E63
CLS55
etc.

Blah, blah, blah.......GTO this GTO that, GTO, GTO, GTO. My GTO is bigger than your no GTO. Condolences to all of you GTOless.
Seriously, WE got the message. GTO is the greatest. Next dead horse please.
YAAAAAAAAAAWWWNNNNN
GTO, anyone?:rolleyes:

Blah, blah, blah.......GTO this GTO that, GTO, GTO, GTO. My GTO is bigger than your no GTO. Condolences to all of you GTOless.
Seriously, WE got the message. GTO is the greatest. Next dead horse please.
YAAAAAAAAAAWWWNNNNN
GTO, anyone?:rolleyes:

yaawwwwwnnnnn

Bat,
I can't believe you had trouble with the E55. I street raced one last week and kept up fine. It's about as fast as a v10 M5. I do believe the CTS-V is faster than either car mentioned.

Bat,
I can't believe you had trouble with the E55. I street raced one last week and kept up fine. It's about as fast as a v10 M5. I do believe the CTS-V is faster than either car mentioned.

The CTS-V was fast, but it had a passenger.

The E55 must have had a pulley kit and a tune. I talked to a few E55 owners at local car meets and they said that has taking their E55 to 600HP~ to the crank.

having purchased a FGT recently.. i can tell you unequivically the only FGT you'll find at that price is salvaged, or more than 100k miles (if there is one out there).

My point was $100k is too little for big dog cars and too much for other cars unless you just want to pay full price new for each car.

I know a local 2004 GT3 that will sell for $45-48k locally. It has 24k miles on it and it is in pretty solid shape all around and never tracked:eek:

I also found a 996 turbo, 8 months ago, on 6speedonline.com for $42,000 and it has a tune, exhaust and lots of nice mods. 996 turbos can be had for $40,000-$50,000 easily right now. 997....not so much and probably around $70,000 ish.

I know this since I have been looking. What makes a Porsche so great is you can take it to the track and it won't fall apart instantly. It was meant to go fast and not disolve in 12,000 miles like a Ferrari or Lamob will. A GT3 is a street legal race car. People think that any car can be tracked in its current condition with addition of some brake pad and fluid change out but that isn't true at all. Most cars have 4 or 5 weak points like engine temps, oil temps, oil pressure starvation(NSX has this), brakes, and so on. What I like about most P-cars is they can be run for 40 minutes on a track right from the showroom and not be phased at all. Posches are actually quite durable cars. Their problems lie in how to get to the engines and transmission since it sits away in the back. That makes it hard to do anything without dropping the engine.

I love Audis. They are great cars but they are more of fun street car. They have higher levels of comfort and less sporty. They are very heavy often times as well.

I will say I do get excited when I see a White 2005 NSX drive around with a nice set of wheels on it. It is a great looking car but looks aren't everything when you are inside the car for 90% of the interaction with it.

I think BATMANs needs to race this guy next in his GTO and show him who's boss!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ednhs3f7Myo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ednhs3f7Myo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mines sounds more like this:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/baGHDBnSTwA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/baGHDBnSTwA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwYPbt1MCoA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwYPbt1MCoA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I understand why everyone's tough on Batman's but seriously guys there are some mental Holden's running around Dubai that will indeed wax the lyrical of almost all supercars.

There's an underground scene of Holden Commodore's and Jeep SRT8's that no one in a GT-R would want to touch.

I drive a Holden Commodore SS and I must say for a stock, heavy, 4-door sedan its quite impressive.

Back to topic yes the Porsche does have impressive numbers...

I understand why everyone's tough on Batman's but seriously guys there are some mental Holden's running around Dubai that will indeed wax the lyrical of almost all supercars.

There's an underground scene of Holden Commodore's and Jeep SRT8's that no one in a GT-R would want to touch.

I drive a Holden Commodore SS and I must say for a stock, heavy, 4-door sedan its quite impressive.

Back to topic yes the Porsche does have impressive numbers...

Look at the cars that the 2 Holden Monaros (GTO) are passing.

*cough* Porsche (and BMW, and Mosler, etc.) and towards the end is that a Ferrari or NSX?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/62OAi7MQoxU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/62OAi7MQoxU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Last edited:
... and there are tuned 997 turbos that will eat pretty much anything out there.

How did we get to this?

I've learned more about GTO's since Batman joined NSXprime than any other non-nsx vehicle. lol :smile:

My condolences.

-SOS SC NSX

I'd say the same thing. Sort of like you see someone with an nsx... run up to them to chat.. ah, the mysterious and seldom seen automatic 4 speed 252 hp nsx..... nice to meet you, my condolensces (unless you happen to be an amputee like one of our members).

Power isn't everything... obviously... or i would not have bought an nsx... but thats like someone poor saying money isn't everything....Sure, it ISN'T everything by a long shot.. but i'd MUCH rather be depressed in my mercedes than in my Kia!

Batman likes his power. good for him. Other people are content with slow cars that only look fast. good for them.

My contribution---> what? you don't own a ford GT with a pulley upgrade making 620rwhp and 600 rwtq? My condolences:biggrin:

Back