• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 nsx sound system

i have ask this question before but did not get the answer i wanted. need to know how the preium sound system with the 290-watt Acura Premium Audio System with eight speakers sound like not the els sound system. thank you.

I believe most cars have the premium audio system as the Technology package is one of the "must haves" for this car. The parking sensors are well worth it and the ELS premium audio is certainly nice to have as well. For those who do have that make sure you go into your "sound settings" and enable the "DTS Neural Surround" as it makes a world of difference and helps fully utilize the premium audio system but is disabled from the factory.

we ordered all of our cars with the tech package (ELS Audio).

if its anything like the difference between an MDX base and an MDX with Tech, the non-ELS audio will suck. it lacks clarity and isn't as crisp. that's the best way i can describe it as i'm no audiophile.

Also, the ELS system is standard on Canadian cars, even without the tech package. Not sure if this is true in other markets as well. So the chance of finding a car without it is pretty slim.

Just my .02 - I think the upgraded ELS is awful. My Gen 5 Viper had a much superior sound system, and most cars in this price range have much better audio systems.

Agree. I lasted a month before running to the shop and having them rip it all out to put in something better. Now I finally have a sound system in the car that's as advanced as the powertrain :D

Mosconi DSP and amps, Morel component speakers, Focal Flax 8” sub. Apparently the DSP tune was challenging because of the volume of the cabin and the many reflective surfaces (pillars, carbon bits, etc)

I think the sound system is great. What stock system is better?

I'm with you. My ears can't tell the difference these days, especially with 70% hearing loss in one of my ears. Plus after my hearing exam a few years ago they showed me my results. I basically can't hear mid's and high's.

The Mercedes bermeister system is terrible, no way is it any better. Never heard Lexus. Had bang and Olfson in my r8and a5, not even close to the nsx.

The only thing (so far) I have to bitch about is the voice recognition interface to the stereo and environment control.

Anyone else notice ACURA doesn't have a demonstration video showing how "easy" it is to operate?

There's a reason. lol

The only thing (so far) I have to bitch about is the voice recognition interface to the stereo and environment control.

Anyone else notice ACURA doesn't have a demonstration video showing how "easy" it is to operate?

There's a reason. lol

I had two RLX's before my NSX and the voice recognition sucked. I haven't spoken one work into the system of my NSX. It's easier to use Google voice.

The Bose system I had in the 08 RL is the best audio system that I’ve experienced, especially when playing 5.1 DVD Audio discs. The 16 RLX and 16 MDX don’t measure up to it.

On the NSX ELS system I just want more bass response.

Voice recognition in the Acura is definitely frustrating and clumsy. But from my experience ”where’s the nearest Acura dealership?”, ”where’s the nearest gas station?”, and ”what time is it?” are some of the queries the voice recognition does well on.

Last edited:

There's a reason. lol

The one thing I mention to EVERYONE I deliver an Acura to, whether it is the NSX or something else, is that if you have apple carplay/android auto use it. You can press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel to active google assistant or siri when your smartphone is plugged in. Make calls, send texts, interact with navigation, play music. Siri does an excellent job with voice commands and I've been very happy with that system over the last year or so in my vehicle.

If you insist on not using apple carplay but have an iphone, if your phone is paired via bluetooth you can still activate Siri from your phone with a longer press and hold of the steering wheel talk button. I recommend clients do this for placing calls or sending texts especially with the iphone issues syncing contacts via bluetooth.

Els

Just my .02 - I think the upgraded ELS is awful. My Gen 5 Viper had a much superior sound system, and most cars in this price range have much better audio systems.
I think the ELS system is barely adequate (lack of bass, just ok treble) but the BOSE system in my C7 Z06 is MUCH better.

Nearly every car over $80K. Lexus, Mercedes, etc - all have much, much better systems.

Mercedes is not better unfortunately, about the same imo. There are far better systems out that I totally agree.

usb

I am able to play all of my music via usb stick. Files are mp3.

I’ve noticed a lack of bass on my ELS with over powering treble and suspected maybe the subwoofer isn’t firing. I turned the sub volume up and down and sure enough, no change in bass. I’ll let you know what I find out..

What I observe

I’ve noticed a lack of bass on my ELS with over powering treble and suspected maybe the subwoofer isn’t firing. I turned the sub volume up and down and sure enough, no change in bass. I’ll let you know what I find out..

I notice on my ELS system a lack of bass and a lack of lively treble. Mid-range is good but nothing to get excited about. These high end systems seem to try awfully hard not to offend or excite interior components into buzzing etc.. The system isn't horrible and I can live with it if I have to. My DD a 2018 C63S coupe has an upgraded Burmester system and it sounds very similar to the ELS in my NSX. It feels good to say that "my NSX"! I have wanted a gen 2 for years and never thought I would get one. I didn't buy the car for the stereo.

Last edited:
Absolutely! The car could of came with a single speaker mono stereo and would not have changed my feelings on the car. The drive is phenomenal

Back