• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 nsx - which brakes to choose?

when i order my nsx which brakes should i get the iron rotor brakes or the cermaic brake? i hear that some cermaic brakes make a lot of noise .thank you.

There is a bit of squeak at low speeds

We need more info from you

Are you a track guy who considers consumables or do you prefer the most high tech stuff you can get

Do rusty rotors ruin your day or do you hate brake dust

Would you much rather have the $10K in your pocket

Ceramic is the way to go. I don't track, but no brake dust and rust....priceless.

There is a bit of squeak at low speeds

We need more info from you

Are you a track guy who considers consumables or do you prefer the most high tech stuff you can get

Do rusty rotors ruin your day or do you hate brake dust

Would you much rather have the $10K in your pocket

i own a 2016 corvette stingray base are those iron rotor brakes? also i would not like the noise at low speed ,and i would not be tracking the nsx ,so look like i will go with the iron rotor brakes and put up with the rust and brake dust.

My experience with the Maclarens (12C & 650S)... it's not really about the dust or dirt as the new compounds are a lot better at managing that. What matters most is brake pedal feel. On the Macs the Carbon brakes feel a lot better. Given the electronic braking system in the NSX... the first question I would ask is how does it affect pedal feel. Theoritically it should have little to impact.

Back