• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2021 on order - est. March build!

Long time listener, first time caller :) Have been lurking for a while on these forums - long time NSX enthusiast - my heart broke when 1st gen went away!

Ordered my '21 this week! My first NSX, and my first car with an MSRP > $35k - I am quite frugal but have been dreaming of this car for...decades.

Estimated March production date....which gives me something fun to look forward to over these dreary winter months. She's Berlina black, ebony interior, carbon-ceramics with red rotors....and I am still pinching myself. I was able to get the $20k incentive, so all in we're talking $153k. The countdown begins! Thank you all for the insights and advice you've been doling out along the way. I can't wait to join the club. :biggrin:

Long time listener, first time caller :) Have been lurking for a while on these forums - long time NSX enthusiast - my heart broke when 1st gen went away!

Ordered my '21 this week! My first NSX, and my first car with an MSRP > $35k - I am quite frugal but have been dreaming of this car for...decades.

Estimated March production date....which gives me something fun to look forward to over these dreary winter months. She's Berlina black, ebony interior, carbon-ceramics with red rotors....and I am still pinching myself. I was able to get the $20k incentive, so all in we're talking $153k. The countdown begins! Thank you all for the insights and advice you've been doling out along the way. I can't wait to join the club. :biggrin:

Big congrats! Hoping to join you one of these days. $20K incentive is the AFS when you finance with them, correct? My sales advisor said this won't be announced until March but looks like they move it up.

Well done! First car over $35k MSRP? Did you mean to say first car over $135k? : )

Is the PMC visit in your plans?

Thank you for the congrats [MENTION=36732]Sleekride[/MENTION] and [MENTION=37431]sbkim[/MENTION] - I did have to finance $5k to get the $20k incentive - kind of a pain re: paperwork to get the loan, pay it off, have lien removed but hey that incentive more than payed for the ceramics, I suppose? :tongue: Still don't quite believe this is real life! Since I'm decently drive-able to OH, I also plan on visiting the good folks at Marysville. So thrilled!!!

[MENTION=13782]RyanRA[/MENTION] - thank you! I am planning a PMC visit - starting to explore the different packages now. I think my current daily driver - definitely not $135k ;) - is going to be a little shocked when the new family member joins the garage.

Awesome very excited for you. I know your excitement. I'm waiting on a new build vehicle that will be produced around the same time. I am also the king of OT derailment:biggrin:

Thank you - totally worth the hassle to save $20K for sure!

Thank you for the congrats @Sleekride and @sbkim - I did have to finance $5k to get the $20k incentive - kind of a pain re: paperwork to get the loan, pay it off, have lien removed but hey that incentive more than payed for the ceramics, I suppose? :tongue: Still don't quite believe this is real life! Since I'm decently drive-able to OH, I also plan on visiting the good folks at Marysville. So thrilled!!!

DDHC......710 hp 3 rows....:biggrin:

[MENTION=13782]RyanRA[/MENTION] - thank you! I am planning a PMC visit - starting to explore the different packages now. I think my current daily driver - definitely not $135k ;) - is going to be a little shocked when the new family member joins the garage.

I need to get your thread back to topic.....make sure you take advantage of any track time at your PMC tour...Are you planning on paint protection after it cures?

Congrats and welcome to Prime! I've always thought the Berlina Black NC1s look really nice. Make sure to post up pics once you get her!

I will definitely be adding some pics in the future :D And [MENTION=4282]docjohn[/MENTION] - tell me a bit more about the paint protection? The GM I am working with at Acura recommended (gratis) a protection for those that use their cars as daily drivers - so that is currently in the plan, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything! Very excited about the track time in OH, too!

Congrats and welcome to Prime! I've always thought the Berlina Black NC1s look really nice. Make sure to post up pics once you get her!

To my eye the new NSX in any color looks great. It has that in common with the original NSX. My /94 still looks fresh and modern unlike many exotics that are now 25+ years old. Not dissing anyone who has/wants the new Corvette but when the new NSX is parked beside the C8 there is no contest in my opinion.

Congrats to the OP.

I really want a new NSX to keep my /94 company -- just can't justify two toys -- keep looking for one of my NSX buddies (or other car enthusiast friends) here in SE Michigan to partner up on a new very lightly optioned NSX. I can swing a new one but to do that Baby (my /94, not the wife, LOL) would have to get cashed in and I'm not at all interested in that.

Best,
Jeff

I will definitely be adding some pics in the future :D And [MENTION=4282]docjohn[/MENTION] - tell me a bit more about the paint protection? The GM I am working with at Acura recommended (gratis) a protection for those that use their cars as daily drivers - so that is currently in the plan, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything! Very excited about the track time in OH, too!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/208237-PPF-and-ceramic-coating?highlight=ppf+film

@BAVARIA - I agree with you on the timeless styling of the NSX - really stands the test of time!

Brian (sca037 here on Prime) is storing my Formula Red /94 with his NSX this year. When I stored her in my garage and needed to cheer myself up during the winter, I'd disappear into the garage and take the cover off and admire her. Sick, I know. But it made me feel better. LOL.

Brian (sca037 here on Prime) is storing my Formula Red /94 with his NSX this year. When I stored her in my garage and needed to cheer myself up during the winter, I'd disappear into the garage and take the cover off and admire her. Sick, I know. But it made me feel better. LOL.

I have wanted a NC1 since they announced it. I have a 1/24 model NC1 at my trading station and looked at it everyday, with the intention of buying one as soon as I could scrape the money together. Now I look at the full sized real deal every time I walk past the door leading to my attached garage. And I pass by that door A LOT! It just straight out makes me happy, just looking at it. I get up early on nice days so I can take her out. This is especially true as winter approaches.

I guess I'm sick also Jeff. I got tired taking the cover off all the time during the winter, so the car now resides in a Car Capsule Showcase. They don't cost that much more than NSX car covers go for now.:cool:

I guess I'm sick also Jeff. I got tired taking the cover off all the time during the winter, so the car now resides in a Car Capsule Showcase. They don't cost that much more than NSX car covers go for now.:cool:

Wow, Amy would kill me. Did you get the LED light kit so you can light up that fantastic color at night? I'm jealous. Now I have to come to NS to visit -- happy to sleep in your garage!

Best,
Jeff

Wow, Amy would kill me. Did you get the LED light kit so you can light up that fantastic color at night? I'm jealous. Now I have to come to NS to visit -- happy to sleep in your garage!

Best,
Jeff

There were no lights when I bought mine. Lisa was less than impressed when she first saw it inflated. There is a comfortable couch in the garage, but you would not have to sleep there if you came for a visit!

Congratulations, you’re going to love it. I have the same build with maybe a little more carbon. What wheels did you get? The black looks great with CCBs and red rotors. Definitely get PPF done when the paint is ready.

New NSX Buyer

[MENTION=37527]nsx_454[/MENTION] congratulations on the gen 2 NSX. Your creation sound a beautiful! I’m in the market for a new one as well I’m located on the east coast near Boston. Is the $153k price out the door or before tax, title and fees?

Back