• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2021 on order - est. March build!

For those ordering 2021, please let us know if you are able to get the $20K incentive. My dealer says they don't see it in the system yet.
That is correct. I dont expect them to make an announcement until ~February or right before the 2021 deliveries start. AFS did the same thing last year.

Congratulations, you’re going to love it. I have the same build with maybe a little more carbon. What wheels did you get? The black looks great with CCBs and red rotors. Definitely get PPF done when the paint is ready.

I got the Y-spokes, with carbon ceramics, and the red! You must have great taste. The carbon ceramics look so fantastic, I had to add 'em!

Am so excited to finally join the owners club. :biggrin:

For those ordering 2021, please let us know if you are able to get the $20K incentive. My dealer says they don't see it in the system yet.

I did get the $20k incentive - it was included in writing on my special order form. Help tip me over the line on adding the carbon ceramics.

I did get the $20k incentive - it was included in writing on my special order form. Help tip me over the line on adding the carbon ceramics.

You are going to laugh but I love the ceramic brakes because the wheels stay clean of dust. I just love that fact. They do make a bit of noise at times but well worth it. And there are the looks! Congrats!

You are going to laugh but I love the ceramic brakes because the wheels stay clean of dust. I just love that fact. They do make a bit of noise at times but well worth it. And there are the looks! Congrats!

I didn't even think of the cleanliness benefits! Hey, I'll take it. I enjoy cleaning and detailing cars, but the brakes / wheels are usually my least favorite part, so this gives me something fun to look forward to :tongue:

I got the Y-spokes, with carbon ceramics, and the red! You must have great taste. The carbon ceramics look so fantastic, I had to add 'em!

Am so excited to finally join the owners club. :biggrin:
It turns heads everywhere - positive reactions! Mine has the interwoven wheels. I really like the look with the asymmetric design. The gray color hides brake dust well but they’re far from free of it. Cleaning after a few drives my microfibers are quite dirty. Plan on a little quality time wiping down beautiful wheels.

Congrats !!!!

I waited on ordering a NSX last year for the 2021 models to come out, but was waiting on the 20K AFS discount. Can you give me the name of the dealer you ordered from? I have been waiting for the confirmation of the AFS incentives via a dealer in Houston on the 2021s and they say that it is not available yet. Also, did the dealer discount the car in addition to the AFS 20K? Thanks

Congratulations! So excited for you. Delayed gratification is better than instant gratification!

I waited on ordering a NSX last year for the 2021 models to come out, but was waiting on the 20K AFS discount. Can you give me the name of the dealer you ordered from? I have been waiting for the confirmation of the AFS incentives via a dealer in Houston on the 2021s and they say that it is not available yet. Also, did the dealer discount the car in addition to the AFS 20K? Thanks

Hello! I am purchasing from Acura Oakland - in researching, they had the highest volume of NSXs for 2019, so I wanted to go with someone who was pretty familiar with the process. https://www.oaklandacura.com/

Not a ton of wiggle room on the pricing overall, but the GM who runs the process is someone who will work with you. Hit me up if you have any other questions!

[MENTION=4282]docjohn[/MENTION] - thank you so much for the link on paint protection. I'm starting to do my research now to find an experienced shop here that has done this on an NSX, ideally. Appreciate it!

And thanks all for the congrats. Should have the born date next week - ack! It is getting real!

I highly recommend working with [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] at Acura of Fremont. He gave me one of the best car-buying experiences I've ever had--he was honest, communicative, and fair throughout the process. He has sold a lot of NSXs so knows them and the process inside and out. And he offered what I thought was a tremendous discount without any haggling.

hmmm red calipers and black interior/exterior.......need red seatbelts...

Hello! I am purchasing from Acura Oakland - in researching, they had the highest volume of NSXs for 2019, so I wanted to go with someone who was pretty familiar with the process. https://www.oaklandacura.com/

Not a ton of wiggle room on the pricing overall, but the GM who runs the process is someone who will work with you. Hit me up if you have any other questions!
I spoke with two Houston dealers yesterday and one dealer told that the AFS 20K was not guaranteed but they could order a car for me without any obligation to purchase it. The dealerships GM is fairly certain that the AFS money will be there when the cars are built and delivered. At the other dealership, they will not order it until the AFS money is confirmed.. So I guess this explains why some dealerships are offering it and some are reluctant until it is announced by AFS. I will contact both [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] and oaklandacura to see what they can offer. Not sure how to DM anyone so not sure how to get a hold of [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] but I will try.

[MENTION=37491]CPatel_Bos[/MENTION] - missed your post earlier, $150k is my total out the door - not including my visit to the Performance Mfrg. Center, which I'm going to add on once I get closer to the born date. Did you put your order in yet? Curious if you were able to secure the $20k incentive as well, seems like some dealers not yet ready /able /fully permissioned to offer.

The PMC shuts down a bit over the holidays (think it is 1-2 weeks?) and is now back up and running, as I understand it! Exciting stuff.

I spoke with two Houston dealers yesterday and one dealer told that the AFS 20K was not guaranteed but they could order a car for me without any obligation to purchase it. The dealerships GM is fairly certain that the AFS money will be there when the cars are built and delivered. At the other dealership, they will not order it until the AFS money is confirmed.. So I guess this explains why some dealerships are offering it and some are reluctant until it is announced by AFS. I will contact both [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] and oaklandacura to see what they can offer. Not sure how to DM anyone so not sure how to get a hold of [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION] but I will try.

You need 10 forum posts to unlock DM/PM privileges. It's one of the ways we cut down spammers. He's at Acura of Freemont, so you could always call there and ask for him by his NSX Prime username.

Huge Congrats and Welcome to the Madness!

Love my Gen2! She's been an awesome car
that I truly enjoy! I'm sure you'll love yours!

You need 10 forum posts to unlock DM/PM privileges. It's one of the ways we cut down spammers. He's at Acura of Freemont, so you could always call there and ask for him by his NSX Prime username.

Hopefully I'm not violating any confidences by posting this, but his real name is Scott Yamasaki. And again, he's a fantastic car salesman whom I highly recommend.

Enjoy!

Thank you Single Samurai! Quite the thrill to have the car finally on order....wow! Excited to join the owners club - finally. 😁

My pleasure,

I'm going on 3 years & 4 months of ownership. It's been every bit as reliable as my Gen1, no issues at all.
Just 1 recall the 1st year for the fuel tanks. Other than that, just an annual oil change. I had the optional
CTEK Charger added to it but have yet to even plug it in. I've found that if you make sure to turn it to the
Sport+ option on that way back to park it in the garage, it keeps your battery fully charged upon parking /
storing it. I've gone as long as 7 weeks without turning it on while away on business with no issues starting
it again without the trickle charger. I think that some forget to charge it up before parking / storing it as some
have complained that they couldn't start theirs after just a few weeks of storage.

Take care & Looking forward to the welcome home pics!

Terry

001.jpg
002.jpg

Congratulations on your order!

I just received my 2020 130R about a month ago and absolutely love it! We have 3 NSX'S in my family and my Father in law has a Berliner Black 2020 optioned very similarly to the car you ordered! You are going to love the car! DEFINITELY do the PPF paint protection, we just got all 3 done using XPEL Ultimate products.

Attachments

• B36B3024-5E58-4D86-8128-35FDEEDA0F53.jpg
    B36B3024-5E58-4D86-8128-35FDEEDA0F53.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 84BFA39F-D3B6-497B-B576-F1D3CF692A0A.jpg
    84BFA39F-D3B6-497B-B576-F1D3CF692A0A.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 6E67874E-9E50-4B48-9692-AA043694DE09.jpg
    6E67874E-9E50-4B48-9692-AA043694DE09.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 219
  • F62E9E97-DA90-4D23-8922-138DE157336F.jpg
    F62E9E97-DA90-4D23-8922-138DE157336F.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 217
hpbyhermann said:
I just received my 2020 130R about a month ago and absolutely love it! We have 3 NSX'S in my family and my Father in law has a Berliner Black 2020 optioned very similarly to the car you ordered! You are going to love the car! DEFINITELY do the PPF paint protection, we just got all 3 done using XPEL Ultimate products.

Pure awesomeness. :D

3 NSXs in the family! Wow!!!! That is so cool.

I have been doing a lot more research on the paint protection - something I knew nothing about before this forum so thank you all! Gives me another thing to study up and plan for. 😁

Back