• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2021 on order - est. March build!

Update....well, been waiting for this. Honda / Acura impacted by the semiconductor shortage and there will be NO mfrg. in March 😭

Here's the backstory - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...anning-led-to-carmakers-massive-chip-shortage

Anyhow, looks like I have no more than 5 builds in front of mine but estimated born date is late April. More to come in 7-10 days.

....more time to learn and educate myself I suppose? Help! 😳

That sucks...... My car was delivered a DAY late and it about killed me. I can't imagine that long a delay. But hang in there, it's worth the wait......

“They’re also very wedded to ‘lean manufacturing’ -- so keeping low inventory to be more cost efficient.”

That's the key, as far as I'm concerned. Lean is great as long as everything works perfectly.

[MENTION=37491]CPatel_Bos[/MENTION] - missed your post earlier, $150k is my total out the door - not including my visit to the Performance Mfrg. Center, which I'm going to add on once I get closer to the born date. Did you put your order in yet? Curious if you were able to secure the $20k incentive as well, seems like some dealers not yet ready /able /fully permissioned to offer.

The PMC shuts down a bit over the holidays (think it is 1-2 weeks?) and is now back up and running, as I understand it! Exciting stuff.
[MENTION=37527]nsx_454[/MENTION] it’s Cpatel_BOS had some login issues and couldn’t recover my password (luckily it’s not like the Bitcoin guy that’s missing out on $250m), but it sure felt like it not being able to respond).

Great price! I placed my order in early November but confirmed it yesterday. I ordered a Thermal Orange with Indigo interior everything else stock as I don’t plan to race it but more so just buying it as a daily driver (for which I do minimal of anyways). I love the look of the car too much to miss out. I was able to get the $20k written into the order. My purchase price came to $128k before tax and stuff.

[MENTION=37491]CPatel_Bos[/MENTION] - missed your post earlier, $150k is my total out the door - not including my visit to the Performance Mfrg. Center, which I'm going to add on once I get closer to the born date. Did you put your order in yet? Curious if you were able to secure the $20k incentive as well, seems like some dealers not yet ready /able /fully permissioned to offer.

The PMC shuts down a bit over the holidays (think it is 1-2 weeks?) and is now back up and running, as I understand it! Exciting stuff.

Hey [MENTION=37527]nsx_454[/MENTION] no worries. Great price!!! I placed my order in Nov 2020 but confirmed the order the other day. I ordered a thermal orange with indigo interior and red calipers. Otherwise kept it stock as I’m not really racing it but more as a daily driver. I got the dealership to agree to $20k incentive with availability contingency or fully refundable deposit until delivery. Final price $128k+tax+fees. Hoping it’s a good deal.

Should be made in March for April delivery.

Hey @nsx_454 no worries. Great price!!! I placed my order in Nov 2020 but confirmed the order the other day. I ordered a thermal orange with indigo interior and red calipers. Otherwise kept it stock as I’m not really racing it but more as a daily driver. I got the dealership to agree to $20k incentive with availability contingency or fully refundable deposit until delivery. Final price $128k+tax+fees. Hoping it’s a good deal.

Awesome! Just curious, why did you go for red calipers instead of orange?

Awesome! Just curious, why did you go for red calipers instead of orange?

Tbh didn’t think the ceramic brakes were worth it for my purpose. And they don’t offer the orange ones without CCBs. So it was black or red and I like the red more. I hated that when CCB are dry they squeal like it’s a worn rotor with a pebble stuck between the pad and caliper. Would have loved the orange.

Last edited:
My CCB's have never squealed.....?

That would have been good to know. Already confirmed the order. The regional NSX director said that’s what happens with the CCB in low speeds and cold weather. Sadly I heard the squeal on the demo model (right after a brake job) the 2 times I took it out for most of the test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes perfect sense; I forgot the orange calipers are only offered with the CCBs and not the iron rotors. Yet another example of Acura not living up to their original promise of a truly "bespoke" ordering experience...

That makes perfect sense; I forgot the orange calipers are only offered with the CCBs and not the iron rotors. Yet another example of Acura not living up to their original promise of a truly "bespoke" ordering experience...

In all fairness the district manager did try to get me orange calipers for the iron rotors. PMC just didn’t have the ability to grant my wish.

Hey @nsx_454 no worries. Great price!!! I placed my order in Nov 2020 but confirmed the order the other day. I ordered a thermal orange with indigo interior and red calipers. Otherwise kept it stock as I’m not really racing it but more as a daily driver. I got the dealership to agree to $20k incentive with availability contingency or fully refundable deposit until delivery. Final price $128k+tax+fees. Hoping it’s a good deal.

Wow - that's great price for 2021 special order. Are you able to share dealership/salesperson? Does the price include destination fees of $1900? Looks like almost below invoice with $20K

Completely understand if you want to keep it private.
Thanks

Last edited:
Update....well, been waiting for this. Honda / Acura impacted by the semiconductor shortage and there will be NO mfrg. in March 

Here's the backstory - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...anning-led-to-carmakers-massive-chip-shortage

Anyhow, looks like I have no more than 5 builds in front of mine but estimated born date is late April. More to come in 7-10 days.

....more time to learn and educate myself I suppose? Help! 

If you have not seen these internal R&D Papers from Honda, you will learn a lot about the car and its technology. Enjoy

Attachments

• Longitudinal 9 speed Dual Clutch Transmission for NSX.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • Development of New 3.5 L Turbocharged Engine.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • NSX Sound.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Wow - that's great price for 2021 special order. Are you able to share dealership/salesperson? Does the price include destination fees of $1900? Looks like almost below invoice with $20K

Agreed--that is a phenomenal price (and makes the asking prices for some of the 2017s out there even more absurd). It would be great to share the dealership name and salesperson's contact info, as they might be getting a lot (by NSX standards) of business from members of this forum looking to buy new!

That sucks...... My car was delivered a DAY late and it about killed me. I can't imagine that long a delay. But hang in there, it's worth the wait......

Thank you! Suppose I've been wanting once since the first gens were on the roads....so I will try to "enjoy" the wait....given it has already been a few decades.
....and the weather will be warmer, which will be nicer....who am I kidding I want it NOW! :cool:

Agreed--that is a phenomenal price (and makes the asking prices for some of the 2017s out there even more absurd). It would be great to share the dealership name and salesperson's contact info, as they might be getting a lot (by NSX standards) of business from members of this forum looking to buy new!

No, used prices are not absurd.
So it looks like the car should have retailed for around $161k. So if you take $20k off that leaves 141k, then take another $12k or $13k and that leaves the $128k final price. Though we do not know if it contains the destination charge which is a couple of thousand. Yes, that is a great price. However, the car is stock with the only add on $1000 for the color and $700 for the brake caliper in red. While I paid more a year ago for my 2017, I got everything that one could put into the car. Had I received similar discounts my cost would have been $206k-$20k, -$13k= $173k. Oh, and take off another $10k (for the 4000 miles) and I still paid significantly less for my car. Bottom line, the used market price is not too high, given what you are getting for the price. The mileage and options have an impact.

While many think there is a big difference between the 2017-2018 and the 2019-2021 it really comes down to finesse. I doubt that I will ever feel the difference in the electric motors or the struts given the driving that I am doing. Yes, the extended warranty which is another $5k makes my used NSX comparable to the new car with warranty. Bottom line there are so few of these cars in existence that the market treats them in a similar manner. The key is to get the exact car (options and colors) you want. And of course Congrats on your new car-they are fabulous!

Thanks all, it’s inclusive of the destination price. Let me just confirm with the dealer that they’re okay with sharing contact information on a forum. Happy to share via DM, just reach out and I can put you in touch. Also I love/enjoy negotiating so willing to help with that too or share how I went about it, if interested :).

One thing to note about the 2021 is they had supply chain issues with the carbon fiber roof and therefore was not offered. Not sure if it impacts other CF parts. In any case I really only wanted the CF engine cover but they wouldn’t let you buy that on its own, so I felt better to not then get all the other stuff I didn’t care for.

The CF supplier who went out of business only did the roof. So everything else should still be good-to-go.

And it continues to disappoint me that customers like you can't pick CF parts a la carte. Acura bragged about the "bespoke ordering" available the NSX, and you can even tell from the online configurator that there should be more flexibility in real-life ordering than we're given. You can click on the CF engine cover like it's a stand-alone option, but then they force you to add the CF exterior package as well. *sigh*

The CF supplier who went out of business only did the roof. So everything else should still be good-to-go.

And it continues to disappoint me that customers like you can't pick CF parts a la carte. Acura bragged about the "bespoke ordering" available the NSX, and you can even tell from the online configurator that there should be more flexibility in real-life ordering than we're given. You can click on the CF engine cover like it's a stand-alone option, but then they force you to add the CF exterior package as well. *sigh*

Agreed very frustrating that CF can’t be a la carte. Their loss.

DJ Iceman. Any chance you could send me a pic of your indigo interior? I chose the color based on Acuras images on site but I’ve seen it look super light in some pics and super dark in others.

Thank you! Yeah, I think they nailed the color--not too bright, not too dark... just right! I think it will complement your thermal orange exterior very nicely.

Thank you! Yeah, I think they nailed the color--not too bright, not too dark... just right! I think it will complement your thermal orange exterior very nicely.

Thanks [MENTION=34518]DJ Iceman[/MENTION]! Btw I read in a mother thread your Nord Gray was a custom order color. Do you mind me asking how much premium they charged for it.

I asked about orange brake calipers vs the red for the standard brakes but they said no. They never quoted a price or anything. Wondering if it was worth pushing or just getting it done after I take delivery.

They charged me $1,500 for the nord grey metallic. Fair, I thought, for a special order.

The brake caliper thing is weird. My guess is that they get them pre-painted from the vendor (Brembo?) and would face an exorbitant upcharge for a one-off. If I were you I would certainly push it a bit, letting them know you're willing to pay a reasonable price premium for such a non-standard item. Especially since you can order orange calipers with the CCBs, we know the paint will stick! Or I guess that could be your answer, too, I suppose--upgrade to the CCBs...

Back