• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$22K NEED ADVICE on NSX AUTOMATIC 60,000 miles. Origial owner!

godspeed01

Suspended
Hi there :)

Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying their NSX :cool:

Located a 1991 NSX, 60000 miles. Automatic. Black with Tan interior.

First owner, old man with 50K maintance done. Car had a new engine put in 35K ago under factory warrante for a rare piston ring problem.

asking 22K (blue book) for the car :)

Good price?

If it is im going to go and pick it up. What would a car like this be worth normally?

THANKS! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Re: NEED ADVICE on NSX AUTOMATIC 60,000 miles. Origial owner!

For the right buyer who wants an auto its worth about 24K - 26K. But beause its an auto the average NSX buyer will not have any interest so 22K is a fair market price.

I already have my 91 manual 5 speed i just got

Getting this one purly for resale.

I'll see if i can get it down to 20K. RIght now the first conversation is good with the owner and price is at 22k with out any negotiation.

Ya im cautions about the automatic..... :frown:

Its the only thing holding me back... automatics RRRrrrrraaa! :mad:

Last edited:

godspeed01 said:
I already have my 91 manual 5 speed i just got

Getting this one purly for resale.

I'll see if i can get it down to 20K. RIght now the first conversation is good with the owner and price is at 22k with out any negotiation.

Ya im cautions about the automatic..... :frown:

Its the only thing holding me back... automatics RRRrrrrraaa! :mad:
This must be the one for sale in my area. If you'd like, I could try to take a look at it and take pics.

I wouldn't buy an automatic for resale. The market is too limited.

What, exactly, is a 50K maintenance? There is no recommendation for maintenance at a 50,000 mile interval.

Automatic=Pure Evil...you don't want it...I don't want it....does anybody want it?..very few persons will want it, there was a Silver 92 auto, low miles at a local dealer for 1 and 1/2 years at 23k..it went to the auction from what I recall..JZ

"valve job" generaly refers to the act of removing the cyl head and then removing all the valves,regrinding the valve seats as nessassary and replacing or polishing the valves and replacing valve stem seals..hopefully a car with 50k has not needed a "valve job" by 50k!... :eek:

Last edited:
I don't think tan interior was an option on a 91 black. That combo started on 94 models and only 7 Auto's, as detailed here.

hungry later, but eating now?

godspeed01 said:
i dont like the auto but im looking for the car for resale .

THANKS! :biggrin:

The automatic transmission of the NSX has "only" 252bhp while the 5spd transmission version has 270bhp (referring to the NA1 3.0L motors). You do realize that? In addition, the automatic versions have power-steering. Also, 1991 didn't have 'tan' interiors, but rather ivory (offwhite/creme).

My personal recommendation would be not to acquire the vehicle in question unless you already have a buyer lined-up, and maybe even a deposit from them as a committment to their word. And if such is the case, an Acura Pre-Purchase Inspection by a reputable dealer/shop that is proficient & familiar w/ NSX'es should be done. If the NSX in question is behind on deferred scheduled maint./serv. (ie. 6yr/60k AND 9yr/90k), you're looking at about $2400-2600 (+/- $200)... and that's assuming there aren't any wear-n-tear or consumables needing replacement!

Goodluck!

Re: hungry later, but eating now?

Hey there, I'm gonna call the seller now and see if they're available today to have me take a look at it.

Re: hungry later, but eating now?

NsXMas said:
What's your commission? Since this is for a flip, to help the OP make money, you should get a cut, right? :wink:
Truth be told, I didn't realize the purpose for this was for resale earlier in the post. If it was a favor for an enthusiast wanting this car I'd have no qualms but if it's going to be bought to be resold for profit I'd rather not waste my time, nor the sellers, to do this.

Good luck.

lol :(

Oh that sucks.

Guess i'll have to drive 500 miles or get some pictures from the owner. I was going to give you 15% of profit for helping me out ($300-$600 for 1 hour of your time and to take a few pictures ).

Ill do all the maintance myself :) Get 2400$ in tools would be PRETTY SWEET!

Why pay someone else when you can do it yourself, learn new things, get "free tools" and feel a sense of accomplishment? :wink:

As for the buyer lined up.... im really in no rush.

A month or two in my hands is not a big problem for me. Getting a place with 2 car garage next month so i'll have a place to park the cars. 2 NSX can keep eachother company :) My mom might be coming down to see me and i sure as hell aint letting her drive my supra. so i'll let her drive it around while she is here. Got money saved away for rainy days so i dont need the sale price from this car to pay bills.... or else i would be worried. :eek:

I guess interior is ivory then :) lady said it was tan... she sounded over the hill so eyes might not be working right.

I think i finally sold me black supra! :) so happy.

One quick question. ANyone have expereince with putting Mobil1 10w-30 in the tranny?

I think im going to get tranny fluid changed out right now. Land lady better not cuss me out for working on my car again :mad: already gave her my 30 day notice :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back