• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

28th annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance

Spring is here, and that means one thing: the annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance is just around the corner. Once again, I am representing the NSX community on the show’s planning committee.

This Concours is held every June to benefit United Cerebral Palsy of Colorado, and it is one of their biggest fund raisers. We expect to get about 400 of the most beautiful, historical, exotic, and classic cars from the Denver area, including about a dozen NSXs. You never know what kind of cars will show up. In the past, we’ve had Bugattis, Rolls Royces, Gullwing Mercedes, even an Enzo. This year, the show is on Sunday, June 12th from 9 until 3 at Arapahoe Community College.

Cerebral Palsy of Colorado helps over 700 special needs children, ages six weeks to five years, right here in the Denver area. In the present economy, sponsorship money is tight, so every car that registers for the show can really help make a difference. It is a great cause and we’d love for you to participate. You can get more information and register your car online at http://cpco.org/concours/ - You’ll love the car they used for the icons :)

For the last couple of years, we've pooled some money to get a tent to sit under, and I'd like to do that again.

We also could use a couple of volunteers to help us stage the cars the morning of the show.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting some of the new faces in the Colorado NSX community.

Steve

Subscribed....will be an official CO resident after this week. And would most likely want to attend and be part of this. I will just have to wait and see when the date gets closer. :redface:

Steve,

I went to this event two years ago before I became an NSX owner. I'd love to join other owners to show off our gear, & trade stories, although I wouldn't be interested in competing in a concours type event.

By regestering, will my car be in a show competition? I'd wash/wax it but I'm not a white glove kind of guy. I drive it, you know?

Bill Leuschel
Lafayette
'97 NA2 Red/Tan

By regestering, will my car be in a show competition? I'd wash/wax it but I'm not a white glove kind of guy. I drive it, you know?
The registration will ask if you want to be "display only" or "judged" - so the concours part is completely optional. That selection simply determines if judges will stop and inspect or not. It doesn't impact other things like where cars are parked, etc.

I will be there and will pitch in for the tent. Previous years without the tent have been horrendous from the sun.

So Will says he will come but who is he going to hang with? NSX or S2K?:wink:

I signed up in December. I think I am #1 for this year.

Mark

Last edited:
Just a reminder that the deadline to register your car, and still be included in the event program is this Sunday the 15th. You will still be able to register your car after that, but you won't be in the program.

We've got 4 cars signed up so far. Who else is in?

Steve

Registered as well...I'll be there! :biggrin:

Thank you to all who have signed up for this year's show. We have 11 NSXes signed up. I'm looking forward to it, and they are forcasting good weather for the day.

Just a reminder that I'll be taking up a collection for the tent.

I'll see everyone on Sunday,

Steve

Steve & All,

By the time I remembered to sign up, the registration had closed.

Options were to pay $50 for day of registration or $10 admission. Call me a tight wad but I'll be there on the cheap and hope to meet some of you at the NSX tent.

Next year......honest.

Bill

Good time as always, nice to see some familiar faces and a few new ones. We had 10 cars total, 5 red and 5 black. Someday perhaps we will have a car show up that isn't red or black:).

Steve (LrdVader) took first prize with his 91 black, his car looked great and Craig wasn't there to put grass on his pedals.

Hi all. Bummed I missed out yesterday. I was home sick...bleh. Sucks since I am a newbie and have yet to meet any of the CO guys. Except for the guy a few houses down from me with a yellow one. (sorry man forgot your name) :redface:

Next time....

Cheers,
Ed

Hey everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again at the Concours. I have a "project in progress" and we're working hard to get it roadworthy. If possible, I'll see you Sunday. The car is a Gran Prix white 92, black top, white wheels, etc. and we're going to go with the Type R look, red accent interior (scheduled) . More later.

Ben ( old guy on crutches...no more red cars--all sold)

Anyone get photos of Bob M's black NSX and/or of him and/or of his car with the judge's favorite ribbon on it?
I want to use the photo in an ad in NSX Driver magazine honoring his sponsorship of NSXPO 2012.
I had my camera there that day... but the battery was in the charger at home :frown:
thanks,
--bruce

Back