• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd annual castaway critters car show

Shameless bump for a very worthy cause. There are 75 cars signed up so far, 4 NSX's. There's less than two weeks left to register. Please sign up today guys and help us make this fund raising effort a success. Thank you.

Another update for you racing fans: The 1997 F1 World Championship winning Williams car has just left the UK on its journey to Central PA. This is the car that brought Jacques Villeneuve to his F1 title in '97. The car should be stateside and clear US Customs just in time to join the Jordan F1 car at the show. Another very notable car that has registered is a Porsche 959!

Gentlemen, registration closes in just 9 days (April 14th). Thanks so much to those who have registered. Your participation in this show DIRECTLY feeds, shelters and provides veterinary care for abandoned companion animals.

http://www.coolcarsforcatsandcanines.com/

Ok , registered!:smile:

Make sure the car is clean because you are poised to take home some hardware this year. :biggrin:

lol.. I have to work on a scratch on my headlight cover:rolleyes: self inflicted....an old s2000 exhaust I still have decided to fall over on the car:frown: are you bringing the awd vehicle?

lol.. I have to work on a scratch on my headlight cover:rolleyes: self inflicted....an old s2000 exhaust I still have decided to fall over on the car:frown: are you bringing the awd vehicle?

Yes, I am dying to try out the new front/rear 9500ci Passport against PA's finest Radar, Laser and "POPS" (extremely short bursts). :biggrin:

Tom,

Can we see the list of the cars that will be there? Seven NSX's, that's impressive.

Tom,

Can we see the list of the cars that will be there? Seven NSX's, that's impressive.

Hey Rich,

We have 106 cars preregistered. Here's a breakdown by country:

American: 20
Asian: 11
Italian: 31
German: 12
Other: 1
U.K. 31

Of the 11 Asian cars, 7 are NSX's!

At this time last year we had 82 cars preregistered, so we're about 24 cars ahead!

Also Rich, please check your email!

Last edited:
sorry guys but the bee and I could not make it...too many last minute obligations....but have a great day and represent our marque well!I want lots of pics!!!!!

I wasn't able to make it either... weather potential (Sat projected rain) and other family obligations (grandson's birthday) make the decision on the 1500 mile round trip for me. I'll try again for next year!

Great event filled with lots of nice, friendly people and stunning cars. The only thing missing was better weather (but hey, it didn't rain!). Was great to meet new people and learn more about my car. Also got to do a little bit of fun driving on the PA backroads in that area (my wife said it was like having her own personal roller coaster ride). For those who head back next year, I encourage taking a detour and opening up on some of the windy/hilly roads in that area.

Thanks to Tom and all other staff who worked hard to make it a great event.

Took a few photos before our camera ran out of batteries (note to self, *always* charge the batter). Here is a link to the photos we did get:

http://imageshack.us/g/854/castawaycritters04.jpg/

I'd just like to thank all of you for making this show such a success. I'd especially like to thank David Schamerhorn (Autowerks.9) for the beautiful trophies that he made for us again this year. Also, many thanks to our distinguished judging panel who again traveled quite a great distance, and volunteered their time in order to make this happen. Our judging panel included notables such as Dave Olimpi, Ken Visser, Ed Warburton, Ralf Berthiez and NSXprime's very own "Passline" (Rich).

We also had some fantastic sponsors this year including Algar Ferrari, Harrisburg Fiat, The Law Firm of Ahmad & Zaffarese, Radcliffe Motorcar Company, and Competizione and Sports Cars. Their generosity goes miles in helping with the cause.

And of course, thanks so much to all who registered their cars for this event. Without the cars, there would be no car show. Many, many of you traveled from far away in order to make the show. I know it was a very early morning for you. We very sincerely thank you for your support. I know it's a pain to leave so early, but again we appreciate your efforts and support so much. You guys add such a huge component to this show.

As a side note, every puppy and kitten that was taken to the show yesterday, is now spoken for!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I forgot to mention, we had 134 cars on the field.
<!-- / message -->

Thank You Tom, Betsy and all those that worked so hard to make this a huge success. Really had a lot of fun and I am thrilled about the critters accounted for. Also enjoyed working with the judges and being a part of it this year.

It was very nice to see that an NSX from this forum took "Best in Class" in the Asian category.

Thanks Again .......... see you next year. :smile:

BEST IN CLASS - 2002 owned by Ron Witt, western NY state.

bestinclass.jpg

a very deserving winner! Rich...you are on your way to a very "rewarding" second carreer

A big thank you to everyone involved with the car show. Everything was first class.

We had a good meal Friday night with some NSXERS. (Dan,Amanda, Bill, and Rich) There was a guy there that got a certificate for eating a serving of lasagna that was as big as the NSX trunk:eek:

We missed the "Bumble Bee":frown:

a very deserving winner! Rich...you are on your way to a very "rewarding" second carreer

I"ll need a first career first! :biggrin:

Sorry you couldn't make it doc. We all missed you this year.

Back