• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd Annual N. Ga Mtn. run & BBQ, 11/15/08

Hey Guys & Gals,

It's almost time for our annual (well, second) run through the mountains followed by a BBQ at my house in Marietta. The date is chosen to be after the leaf colors have faded so the roads will be quieter and the visibility better. Potentially fewer "uninvited guests" :eek: like the run last weekend. This was what we did last year and all the drivers enjoyed it.
The plan will be detailed in PM's but will basically be the same as last year:
  1. Meet up near the N. Ga Premium outlets http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102547445988828101635.000459f34309bae4a06b7&ll=34.354951,-84.044766&spn=0.015979,0.027637&z=15
  2. Drop off anyone who wants to shop instead of ride
  3. Head North for a 3-4 hour run
  4. Pick up shoppers
  5. Head back to Marietta for BBQ @ my house

Time: no sooner than mall opening, no later than lunch
Route: to be announced (North)

Alternative dinner could be a meet at a restaurant in North Point Mall (Ga 400 & Mansell Rd) or Perimeter Mall. Would be more convenient than Marietta for many but it would be harder to socialize.

You're welcome to join us for dinner, even if you can make the ride!

Spread the word by emails to check this post, please.

Paul

Thank you for the invite. I will be in Arizona for a national sales meeting till that Monday yea. It seems like it will really be a blast. Any other weekend I could make it.:frown:

I am to leave the country a few days after that, but hope to be able to work it in. Will let you know so for planning purposes. Thanks again for getting this together. Last years was great with a nice route, good company and super hospitality!
Mike Shaw
2000 Silver / NSX #4

Drove in the area last weekend after time change and noticed how low sun was while driving West at 4:00PM. Will consider that when planning the ride. I was asked if we''ll ride if it rains and I think not. Next weekend would be rain date for drive but no BBQ on that day.

Yes:
  • MT-Tank
  • ARFNSXTC
  • coldhammer
  • 95gsrturbo

Maybe:
  • Dewain27
  • nsxtarga
  • EIFFEL

I met a new NSX owner of a 2004 black/red at Caffeine and Octane last weekend. He is not on Prime yet but is interested in joining us. Gary(?) call me at home 7-977-2664 if you don't get on Prime to reply. I am an idiot for not getting your number....

Paul

No, I meant that 11/22/08 would be the replacement date if it rains 11/15/08!!

Sorry, I shouldn't post on so little sleep...:redface:

More details coming Monday PM.

Paul

Somethigns come up and i have to cover the office for my partner this weekend (11-15!!) sorry guys

I get out around 1pm ish so if you do a dinner i can meet for that but by the time i catch up for a drive would be late-

NOW- if things change and the weather allows for the 11-22 date -- Il be SURE to be there and run with the best of you!

I've never done a "group drive". What do you guys do? I'm envisioning a caravan of NSXs cruising about. Is that pretty much it? Anything else to add to the mix.
Thanks,
-Robert

I'll be doing my annual migration south to Florida about that time, and will be staying overnight in Maryville Tenn. Then on early Sat. morning I'll do the "Tail of The Dragon". Where are you guy's doing your drive? Maybe I will see you, and tag along. Howard

Thank you for the invite. I was looking forward to doing another drive because the last one was short (and meeting everyone at a BBQ), but unfortunately I have something else going on that afternoon plus I drove the mtns. yesterday afternoon. It must have been Mini Cooper club day, with a dash of one burnt orange Z06 and several crotch rockets. Be very careful of the sun playing hide and seek after 2 pm! The sun, our dashboard, and windshield angle can put together a nasty glare on the windshield :eek:, so be sure to wear your polarized lenses!

the group drive consists of a bunch of NSX taking the turns on the mountain at 60+ MPH etc. Just think of it as a track day but instead of a track you using the mountains.

Afterwards we have a bbq and everyone just chills out, eats and chats.

Back