• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3.8 litre monster @ Science of Speed

I believe NA2 uses AEM MSL not EMS but we have our ways of passing smog here. :biggrin:

3.8L will pass visual

Turbo will not pass visual but its the way to go if you want monster power. :smile:

I am always a fan of Turbo cars but I like the sound of a mean N/A motor personally. Also I think for the streets 350rwhp is plenty for me.

As vegas and I have stated....how deep are your pockets? If you are not worried about smog and have a money tree lying around.......then I would say try the lovefab or give Factor X a call.

If not then CTSC or N/A motor will be the way to go.

Lovefab and CTSC are almost the same price when it comes down to it......only difference is that CTSC is carb certified. Good luck in whatever you decide......I am happy for anyone that builds the motor.....that means more nsx's out there that are quicker and won't be punked by these other cars. :biggrin:

Just a thought, may have been mentioned, but if you go the 3.8 then you also have a rebuilt engine. If you use FI then the engine is as is unless you add the rebuild. To me this would make the 3.8 a better choice.

Alan C. said:
Just a thought, may have been mentioned, but if you go the 3.8 then you also have a rebuilt engine. If you use FI then the engine is as is unless you add the rebuild. To me this would make the 3.8 a better choice.
The question is, if you're engine is running perfectly, why would you be thinking about rebuilting it? I can see if some one with a dead motor, who wants to go with a stroker kits, that will make sense. We all know if the NSX engine is well kept, the engine will be fine for a long time; therefore, the FI will be a better route. After all, if you don't like it, remove it.

Vancehu said:
The question is, if you're engine is running perfectly, why would you be thinking about rebuilting it? I can see if some one with a dead motor, who wants to go with a stroker kits, that will make sense. We all know if the NSX engine is well kept, the engine will be fine for a long time; therefore, the FI will be a better route. After all, if you don't like it, remove it.

Yup, even at 145,000 miles, my '91 engine was running flawlessly. A compression leak test confirmed this as my numbers varied only between 210 and 212. Even at that age and milage, I just didn't really need a rebuild. That helped me lean towards a turbo instead (even though I got the rebuild anyway :tongue: ).

Ive got nothing to add to this other than say that I SAW THE MONSTER!!!!

I was in Scottsdale and had some time to drop by to meet the guys and see the shop.

It was awesome, all of it.

A good leakdown is nice but it doesn't say anything about valve stem wear, bearings, cams, oil pump etc.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the further discussion. It is really helping me understand the two options. I probably won't do these things any time soon. Even though money is not exactly the issue, it is hard for me to justify spending $15k on mods that I will never really get back when re selling [no plans on this anytime soon]. Of course if I have fun with it, it is all worth it. However, I recently got what I feel was ripped off on a battery that I had trouble with and quite frankly was the wrong product for me. The aggravation alone was enough to shy me away from modifying an already great car. I don't know, maybe if you guys keep the discussion going and I learn more about it I will break down and do one of the aforementioned mods. Thanks again for the advice.

SmknVTEC said:
Hi guys,
Thanks for the further discussion. It is really helping me understand the two options. I probably won't do these things any time soon. Even though money is not exactly the issue, it is hard for me to justify spending $15k on mods that I will never really get back when re selling [no plans on this anytime soon]. Of course if I have fun with it, it is all worth it. However, I recently got what I feel was ripped off on a battery that I had trouble with and quite frankly was the wrong product for me. The aggravation alone was enough to shy me away from modifying an already great car. I don't know, maybe if you guys keep the discussion going and I learn more about it I will break down and do one of the aforementioned mods. Thanks again for the advice.

Don't let a unexpected battery experience to keep you from modding.....just do your research a little more in depth next time. Sometimes things don't work out doesn't mean you should give up. I can't wait to see the so cali 3.8L's come out and play. :biggrin:

Yeah,
You are right ediddynsx. Next time I will start a thread on questions I might have. I just did a search for that racing battery and all I found were threads with people who liked it. I don't remember seeing anything saying the battery had to be driven daily or that it needs to be tendered to a charger. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Car was sold a long time ago. I met Edmond when he had the car, very nice build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back