• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3.8L rebuild

929b320fb47a17d5f9c31886b2dabcd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great! Any pics of the dropped sleeve?

You can’t see it. It would be something like 0.0010 + - the top is the new block and the bottom is the old. You can see how thin it is between the cylinder walls. On the old block.
ad6c9f67ca6fa9bc8174dedd2f773fd3.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering who made those cranks back then. Bryant is probably the best crank you can buy. That is a long stroke there ! I have the Bryant crank in my Comptech 3.5. Are you keeping it NA ?

4d9be6a8d7892edb68aa6c6c4db774e7.jpg
this is Peter Yee’s 3.8 I built last year..

Do you know where he get the 3.8 crank / hole kit from?

Do you offer this kit for sale?

I will offer it as a short block. Or as a kit. Machine work is required.

Hello! I also have 3.8L Jon Martin built NSX. I was wondering if I can get in contact with you to talk about it... I believe the car i have is one of the earlier kits that was installed, so you may have a hand in this build.

Hello! I also have 3.8L Jon Martin built NSX. I was wondering if I can get in contact with you to talk about it... I believe the car i have is one of the earlier kits that was installed, so you may have a hand in this build.

Do you own Frank's old car, a black on black 91?

Someone else owns that. This one is JM's personal car.

Hey Regan, do you know who owns Frank's old car? I was asking Prime member [MENTION=35751]nextcore[/MENTION] if he owned it since it looks like he's local. I see that the OP, [MENTION=34233]Razen[/MENTION], has Jon's old car; I always liked those Volk F-Zero Daytona Speeds on Jon's car and on scorp965's old Spoon build. Not many of those wheels around in NSX fitment, but I'm sure you know that given your wheel collection over the years!

Hey Regan, do you know who owns Frank's old car? I was asking Prime member @nextcore if he owned it since it looks like he's local. I see that the OP, @Razen, has Jon's old car; I always liked those Volk F-Zero Daytona Speeds on Jon's car and on scorp965's old Spoon build. Not many of those wheels around in NSX fitment, but I'm sure you know that given your wheel collection over the years!

I own a set of those wheels that I use for track days. Can't post a pic but you can find them in my build documentation.

Back