• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3M CF Wrap Service, wrap anything in CF at dramatic savings

Here is a guy who did his whole STI. It's called 3M DI-NOC film and pretty cheap and easy to use.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEVQLYV0jQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEVQLYV0jQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxpq_32XPz0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxpq_32XPz0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Some recent dash pieces and a pair of nsx door sills we received:

Pretty much anything can be covered as long as the surface is relatively flat and smooth/clean.

BEFORE:
IMG_5875.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_5901.jpg

Bump for NSX interior update and response to clear coating question :smile:

Bump for NSX interior update and response to clear coating question :smile:

We've done tons of NSX Interiors but always forget to snap pics!

You CANNOT Clearcoat this material - we've tried and it destroys it....

let me know if you have other questions! :)

Rick can you get one of your customers to take some interior and exterior pics and post them on this thread? Would really help me make my decision.

Been a busy long weekend as we got swamped with projects but finally got these wrapped for a nsxprime member :smile:

(they are going to be shipped out but I wanted to share some pictures of the final result) This area of the NSX is a high traffic area that constantly gets kicked so it's nice to protect it. We primered the edges and wrapped it over the edges so it's sturdy.

PM me for any price quotes as each job varies.

Or email us: [email protected]

Enjoy
rick

IMG_6369.jpg

IMG_6372.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

CF Wrapped NSx Door SiLLS + other parts ~ Pretty COOL!

No more un-sightly scuff marks as we get in and out of the NSX since this is a piece I always manage to kick even when I'm careful :mad:

Look here as I start to wrap in CF individual NSX pieces - if you guys have any ideas on other parts to wrap, I can offer this as a service so just PM me what you have in mind!

enjoy
rick

IMG_6371.jpg

Re: CF Wrapped NSx Door SiLLS + other parts ~ Pretty COOL!

Rick,

Do you want to post any prices or would you prefer to discuss this via PM's?

Doug

PM me since every piece is unique and different. I estimated a lot less time than I thought on these two door sills for example....

The actual details/ridges/lines took a lot of primer to get it to stick correctly...grrr :eek:

Overall look just depends on what kind of parts you have. If you keep everything the same then no one would tell. I've been debating if I want to do my dash pieces but been too busy lately.

rick

LOL.. that wrap does look pretty clean... I'd like to see the stuff after a year of the engine bay...

I would also like to see prime put my K20NSX build in "the builds" section and this thread in the vendor section :confused:

Regards

I think what you have is a vinyl sticker with an embossed texture, not actual carbon fiber. It's pretty convincing however.

It does look good.

Is it me or is the stuff starting to raise up off the part in this picture? It's most visible in those 8 ridges of the factory airbox. Does the engine heat cause damage to it?
IMG_5679.jpg

I think what you have is a vinyl sticker with an embossed texture, not actual carbon fiber. It's pretty convincing however.

It's 3M DiNoc vinyl wrap. I had it installed on the roof for my ISF. Vid of part of the install is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-UCKTD5tAY

You guys can either buy sheets of it off Ebay and try it yourself or have Lyle at "Vinyl Styles" do the work.
http://www.lylesvinylstyles.net/

I don't imagine the wrap doing well in the engine bay though with the heat generated in there, but who knows.

Last edited:
Just been playing around this myself.

I wanted to do the door garnish as recently I had a few emails from UK members looking for the garnish as there own was scraped and worn looking. I didnt have any available and new, they are very expensive.

My own garnish was fine, but decided to use it as the tester anyway.

SAM_1971.jpg

SAM_1974.jpg

SAM_1975.jpg

SAM_1976.jpg

SAM_1980.jpg

I also had a very quick go on one of the spare door trims I have,

SAM_1979.jpg

SAM_1978.jpg

CF roof and side trim pieces

here are a couple of shots of the T roof in Dinoc CF and the side mouldings of the roof, I used the same material to wrap these pieces on Blue Pearls restoration. Now on the other side of things, I used a different CF material in the engine bay , from Oracal I believe it was. Do not use this stuff. Very poor results over time. The Dinoc that you are using is much better material.
The whole car is a wrap, not paint,
[<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From 1999 NSX project</td></tr></tbody></table>][<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From 1999 NSX project</td></tr></tbody></table>]
[<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From 1999 NSX project</td></tr></tbody></table>]
[<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From 1999 NSX project</td></tr></tbody></table>]

Looks good. I use this material as well at my business. We wrap ATV's Dirt Bikes and UTV's. This material holds up decent. We usually overlaminate, for even longer lasting effects. Plus it gives it a very nice gloss.

For those of you who are lucky to be in the norcal area, feel free to drop by our shop and we'll be glad to look over the parts to be wrapped.

Granted I don't drive my NSX much but all of those engine pieces there were wrapped almost 6 months ago have held up very well :)

rick

Back