• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

500 Hp, 738 Tq., 25 MPG, 0-60 4.2 sec. & it will tow your boat!

z06 is cheaper, faster, gets better gas mileage, and cheaper fuel! national average for premium= $3.93, national average for diesel= $4.23

im bickering becaus i had my hopes set on seeing a bad ass truck/suv in here:frown:

I like his quote at the end of the video "my personal opinion is that if every customer could drive this car they would never again think about a gas powered sports car".

I wonder what it feels like to have 740 pounds of torque at under 2000 RPM's. that should be kinda fun...

IMO corvettes suck!....period! except a 58-67

z06 is cheaper, faster, gets better gas mileage, and cheaper fuel! national average for premium= $3.93, national average for diesel= $4.23

im bickering becaus i had my hopes set on seeing a bad ass truck/suv in here:frown:

Don't forget, the Vette's great build quality vs the Audi oh, and the R8 is AWD vs rear wheel skid!:biggrin: :eek:

Attachments

• baga.JPG
    baga.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 77
The 4500 rpm redline will probably kill it for me, Im guessing. Sounds boring

yeah but don't forget instead you have the lame sounds of a turbodiesel...

I've driven commercial deisel trucks enough times to know roughly what it's going to feel like. The last truck I drove was a F650 or something along those lines, 400hp, 750tq, turbo deisel. It was a near brand new truck but i couldn't help going WOT many, many itmes. The turbos make it much more enjoyable since the power still "builds" to a certain extent.

I've driven commercial deisel trucks enough times to know roughly what it's going to feel like. The last truck I drove was a F650 or something along those lines, 400hp, 750tq, turbo deisel. It was a near brand new truck but i couldn't help going WOT many, many itmes. The turbos make it much more enjoyable since the power still "builds" to a certain extent.

huh?

thats like saying ive riden a dirt bike or a harly so i know what a cafe bike would be like...:frown:

i doubt a Z06 gets that good of gas mileage

Don't get too excited, AdBlue (Urea) has not been approved by the EPA yet.
It'll probably make it - Mercedes and others are pushing similar technologies as well, with target for MY 2010 (current Bluetec models do not have urea injection yet).

Hopefully the delivery infrastructure (gas pumps) for the new ultra-low sulfur diesel requirements by the EPA gets there in time (~80% today, 100% by 2010).

meh, i'll take the lingenfelter 427TT
gets about 25mpg but has 802hp, 866lb-ft..... 0-100 in 4.3 (60 in 1.9) :biggrin: and i'm not a fan of diesel

I think the VW Touareg V10 TDI has close to the same numbers.

I think the VW Touareg V10 TDI has close to the same numbers.

Toureg is 310 Hp 553 tq.

I test drove one...It was a MONSTER off the line.

Almost got one...

Read on VW forums, One guy claimed 32 MPG going from NY to Fla. going VERY easy on the pedal.

Here is the Toureg pulling a 747?!? I guess the R8 will pull more than your boat...

Toureg is 310 Hp 553 tq.

Almost got one...

Read on VW forums, One guy claimed 32 MPG going from NY to Fla. going VERY easy on the pedal.

Here is the Toureg pulling a 747?!? I guess the R8 will pull more than your boat...

I test drove one too. It felt like it could rip the earth in half.

Toureg is 310 Hp 553 tq.

Almost got one...

WOW! :eek: :eek: I want diesel!

I love torque. :biggrin:

Back