• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

6 years...hard work...patience.....today my NSX is in the garage!!! (pics)

It's been a long 6 years since I started dreaming about NSX ownership.
To realise the dream I've worked hard, done some serious thinking, saved a lot of money, and worked some extra hours in my own company (started to realise the dream!).
I've been through some great "temporary" cars like an older Supra, CRX, ITR and now.... finally a 1991 red/black NSX!

I've spend the last 6 months looking for the perfect car for me. I've always wanted a stock car and I found this red/black beauty with only 25 000 miles, stock except for the Remus exhaust. It's been sitting in a showroom from 1991-1999, and never driven in the winter. Inside it looks brand new, and the outside is great too. I plan to keep it stock for now and enjoy it's original performance until I can master it the way Senna and Honda tuned it. My NSX dream is over and I can start living the dream.

Thanks to everyone at NSX Prime for tips and support!

DSC00038.JPG

DSC00045.JPG

My first test drive!!

DSC00037.JPG

Remus rules!
DSC00040.JPG

05150001.JPG

05150007.JPG

Congratulations! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we all do!

Do you plan to take it to any track events, or is it mainly going to be a street car? Either way, what a beautiful car, right!

;)

NSXGirl4j said:
Congratulations! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we all do!

Do you plan to take it to any track events, or is it mainly going to be a street car? Either way, what a beautiful car, right!

;)

I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I will take it to a few track events to learn the limits of the car. (and have some fun..) Better to do it on the track than on the street!

Tantheman said:
Yippee!!!Congratulations It's a Red.

Tan

Yeah, it's a red. Color was 2nd priority, the condition of the car 1st. Black and other colors were also overpriced. So red is fine with me. Kind of like it in red. Red with black roof is the classic NSX color even if it's the most common. In my country there are only about 15 NSX'es anyways. A rare sight no matter what color.

ChopsJazz said:
In a showroom from 1991 to 1999? I don't get it.

A dealer bought it 1991 and put it in his store window on display. (unregisrered it for 8 years)
I guess he was preserving it for me, LOL.
It had 1000 miles on it in 1999.

A huge service was done in 2000 takes care of my worries about timing belt and other fluids. All hoses look good so far (still soft and no cracks), but I'll check them on the next service.
The car feels and looks like a new car!

Looks awesome, is it just me or is there something on the right side of the rear bumper?

BITer,

Congratulations with your beautiful NSX. I know you have been looking for one for a long time and am happy for you that you have succeeded in the end :)
The car looks very good. You might want to look around for a original OEM exhaust. The OEM one is pretty heavy but the Remus is even heavier. Also, a 2nd hand OEM exhaust should not cost you too much.
As for driving the car first before modding it, that is a very very good idea.
Happy and good driving. Maybe I will be seeing you during one of the NSX-events in Europe !!

Syonara said:
Looks awesome, is it just me or is there something on the right side of the rear bumper?
I believe Syonara is referring to the little bumpout on the rear bumper. According to this thread it's the cover for where the rear tow hook screws into.

Congratulations, and enjoy your new car!

Congrats as well.My only concearns with a mostly original 12 yr old car would be the tires,there has been discussion that tires loose performance due to changes in the rubber after 5-7 yrs.I also wonder how the stock shocks would be after that long dormancy?Plus the abs seals?

MvM said:
BITer,

Congratulations with your beautiful NSX. I know you have been looking for one for a long time and am happy for you that you have succeeded in the end :)
The car looks very good. You might want to look around for a original OEM exhaust. The OEM one is pretty heavy but the Remus is even heavier. Also, a 2nd hand OEM exhaust should not cost you too much.
As for driving the car first before modding it, that is a very very good idea.
Happy and good driving. Maybe I will be seeing you during one of the NSX-events in Europe !!

Thanks for the compliments, and your previous support MvM!
The Remus might be a little heavier, but I love the looks and the sound, so I think I'll keep it for a while.

I'd love to attend some Euro NSX events eventually. Should be a nice weekend activity in the future!

docjohn said:
Congrats as well.My only concearns with a mostly original 12 yr old car would be the tires,there has been discussion that tires loose performance due to changes in the rubber after 5-7 yrs.I also wonder how the stock shocks would be after that long dormancy?Plus the abs seals?

The tires were changed in 2000. I ride on Bridgestone Potenza S-02 Pole position ZR rated.
I'm not sure about the shocks yet. How can I really check them?
About the abs, there was some noise when cold (clicking sound) but it dissappeared after 5 minuted. Haven't heard it after the 1500 km haul home. I assumed it was the "normal" sound described in the FAQ. Can I change these seals? How do I check it? ABS works fine so far.

I'm not a technical expert but Old rubber is the cause of many of the issues with older,low-use cars.The abs system should not cycle too long or too frequently(the noise you describe),sounds like what you hear is normal,could'nt hurt to induce the abs on a slick surface to help it out.The shock problem can be tough,have an experienced nsxer drive your car to help see if you are experiencing alll the car has to offer.The coolant hoses are another real issue.I replaced most of mine recently (96) and to my surprise all were just as supple feeling as the replacements,so go figure.

very nice! I heard about this car before, I was looking into locating it. I wonder how much it depreciated just sitting in the show room. The sales guy who first stocked it must got into a serious trouble! (I guess he no longer works there)

BITeR said:
It's been sitting in a showroom from 1991-1999, and never driven in the winter. Inside it looks brand new, and the outside is great too.

05150007.JPG

The interior doesn't match your description. I've seen some daily driven early model NSXs with a much newer interior. The car also has an aftermarket exhaust too which is kinda of weird if the car was meant to be a display only car.

PHOEN$X said:
Err, no. Red/black was king in terms of popularity (unless you're only talking about the automatic models):

I think early model black/black got increasingly more popular, especially when the T-models with the color keyed roofs was introduced. There are some people that prefer the color keyed roof over the black roof.

Last edited:
You have found a beautiful car my friend :D

I hope you continue to feel the way you do now about her in the future. It is sorry too say many forget the hard work and joy we get when our day arrives. I have had my '96-t red/tan for 3+ years now and I still find myself going out to the garage to just look at mine.

;) Yep, I know I'm still hooked on mine ;)

Re: Re: 6 years...hard work...patience.....today my NSX is in the garage!!! (pics)

RyRy210 said:
The interior doesn't match your description. I've seen some daily driven early model NSXs with a much newer interior. The car also has an aftermarket exhaust too which is kinda of weird if the car was meant to be a display only car.

I don't understand how you can tell by looking at that picture. The seats are in 100% condition. Some dust is all you see in the leather foldings.

The exhaust was put on in 2000, after they sold it from the showroom.

Re: Re: Re: 6 years...hard work...patience.....today my NSX is in the garage!!! (pics)

BITeR said:
I don't understand how you can tell by looking at that picture. The seats are in 100% condition. Some dust is all you see in the leather foldings.

I guess it could be the lighting.

Here's a pic of a '91 interior that I found on ebay:

91%20NSX%20Blk%20Int8.JPG

Back