• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Philanthropy would be for me. After I buy stuff for myself and my family and close friends. There would be so much left over...:redface:

640 Million is not that much. I can't even buy the half the Dodgers team with it.

Last edited:
You could buy the next president? :smile:

I think that amount only buys you influence with the president, you need billions of billions to buy the president.:biggrin:

Since I've spent $5 each draw for the last couple of weeks, when I win the $500M+ lotto, I'll have spent about $40. Heck of a return on my investment.

I'll probably spend the money to get my timing belt and water pump replaced finally, after 20 years.

Miner

Last edited:
First thing I would do is get a lawyer,

second apply for a fictitious name/ DBA name

accept the lum sum in behalf of said fictitious name in cash.

so they can never tax my income again

and disappear anywhere out of the USA.

apply for citizenship in the counrty I was living in and burn my US passport

then watch on TV how bad it gets every year.

did you guys know that if you retire in another country you still have to pay income tax to the USA
even though you dont live there? things like this make it better to join another country in my book

Last edited:
I think I'd sit down with my investment guy and figure out a way to put my close friends and family on a salary so that none of them would want for money. Then I'd retire and spend my time traveling with my family, accruing as much experience as possible with my wife and daughter. I'd probably gather those friends and family together and have a big party at a vacation spot once or twice a year.

I'm pretty sure I'd buy a pretty sweet boat, and a car or two as well. :)

First thing I would do is get a lawyer,

second apply for a fictitious name/ DBA name

accept the lum sum in behalf of said fictitious name in cash.

so they can never tax my income again

and disappear anywhere out of the USA.

apply for citizenship in the counrty I was living in and burn my US passport

then watch on TV how bad it gets every year.

did you guys know that if you retire in another country you still have to pay income tax to the USA
even though you dont live there? things like this make it better to join another country in my book

I'm guessing there is a ZERO percent chance the IRS lets winnings be transferred, whether to an individual or entity, without taxes being withheld first.

on the radio this morning they had an attorney on and he said

first thing you do is sign the back of the ticket
then take a picture of yourself with the signed ticket
then photocopy it
then get a safety deposit box and put the ticket in there
then get an attorney
(the DJ asked, 'a divorce attorney?')
then have the attorney establish a trust
claim the ticket with the trust, REMAIN ANONYMOUS
do not tell ANYONE you won. Ever. If word gets out, your phone will not stop, your doorbell won't stop, you'll lose friends, relatives, and may even endanger yourself or your family.

"do not tell ANYONE you won. Ever."

That includes the attorney. Just have the attorney set up the trust but do not tell him about the lottery winnings.

Like any one of us here ever won the jackpot...lol

"do not tell ANYONE you won. Ever."

That includes the attorney. Just have the attorney set up the trust but do not tell him about the lottery winnings.

somebody still has to claim the ticket.

you cannot claim a 640million jackpot ticket and not have "somebody" claim it. somebody has to which becomes nationally known i believe.

what i would do, get a lawyer, set up a trust, and have that lawyer or whatever claim the ticket under that trust, sure hell make a certain percentage of that millions but you remain completely anonymous

did the news say if anyone won it?

I couldnt play cuz its not offered in Florida for some reason

42 states joined florida is one that did not. we are last for everything

I typed it and went outside to work on an NSX would have the answer when I returned LOL

and it worked.:biggrin:

Our office pool missed it by 1 number! Won 10g... after taxes and divided by 25 people... enough for a nice dinner. :frown:

Back