• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 black/ivory on Ebay JH4NA1156MT003054

Re: 91 black/ivory on Ebay

Well I do think that he paid what worked out for the time and ebay is waaaay funny. You can do well sometimes and loose others if you don't have a reserve. I think this guy got the car at a discount - with the miles on the car in mint shape other than some minor maintenance the car if sold properly in my most humble opinion could have sold for 26k. So I think the buyer did well - not the seller. The seller lost several thousand. Like I said if the maintenance had been totally up to snuff - hoses, TB/WP, 60k service, AC already seems fine, ABS most likely just fine needing exercise possibly, clutch - I'm assuming its the original clutch - so that could be an issue. But even if our new owner had to do those things - and spend 4k on it or so - he's got a car worth 30k+ for 27K - so with everything in mint condition otherwise - he got a great deal!

You can always get out there and find a great deal every once in a while - but they don't come along that often. I've been watching for a year and a half and in that time I've seen maybe a handful of really good deals like this. This is not the norm. You got a good deal on your 02 and I'm sure your hoping to sell it for more than you paid for it. So I'm not sure I understand how you come up with this car being "right" priced at 23K.

I know a car is worth what one is willing to pay at the "time" - different time= more money. An owner that is ready to do what is necessary to get top dollar and he'll get much better results than this. That's my feeling and I bet others would agree with that. Ask Honcho what he thinks the car is worth....bet he'd come right along with my estimate. We'll see- hopefully he'll chime in.

I'm happy for the new owner I'll say that - wish I had gotten as good a deal when I bought. But holding out for one like this - well let's just say they don't come along every day or even very often. But I do agree it's a buyers market to a certain extent.

Last edited:
RobD,
congrats. I too bought my car from Ebay and I thought I did good.
Looks like you got a deal of the century. Course mines a '93 :biggrin:

Last edited:
It seems the car was up to par on service.
clutch was replaced.

From the seller's ad:

I am the original owner of this car.
It has been garaged since I bought it in December of 1991.
It has been spared foul weather conditions.
Title is clear, and the car has never been in an accident.
All original equipment including a 6 CD changer in the trunk.
Spare tire is in excellent condition.
The exterior is in great shape, as well as the Ivory interior.
Dashboard is in perfect condition.
New tires with less than 1000 miles.
All rims in excellent condition.
Less than 10,000 miles on clutch.

Thanks mknmoves- I rest my case - this was an unreal deal! Few times have I seen anything close to this and never for this kind of money. This guy must have needed to sell fast cause if he'd taken a little more time he could have gotten a lot more for it. My 2 cents

It seems the car was up to par on service.
clutch was replaced.

From the seller's ad:

I am the original owner of this car.
It has been garaged since I bought it in December of 1991.
It has been spared foul weather conditions.
Title is clear, and the car has never been in an accident.
All original equipment including a 6 CD changer in the trunk.
Spare tire is in excellent condition.
The exterior is in great shape, as well as the Ivory interior.
Dashboard is in perfect condition.
New tires with less than 1000 miles.
All rims in excellent condition.
Less than 10,000 miles on clutch.

Met the seller today and we completed the deal. She is now tucked in safely in my garage. I already reached out to Larry B and I'm waiting for
his schedule to open. Today was the first time I ever drove an NSX...WOW. 20 years it's worth the wait.
Thanks for all the help and advice.

Here are some pics...She cleaned up real nice!

Attachments

• NSX Drvr Side.jpg
    NSX Drvr Side.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 109
  • NSX Pass Side.jpg
    NSX Pass Side.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 322
  • NSX Drvr Side Intr.jpg
    NSX Drvr Side Intr.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 336
  • NSX Pass Side Intr.jpg
    NSX Pass Side Intr.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 108
  • NSX Front.jpg
    NSX Front.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 103
It was a pretty good deal. Usually you don't see them with that low of miles go that cheap but I've seen a handful of mid to low mile NSX's go in the 23-24k range on ebay. I was very tempted to bid on this car but i need to get my Supra gone first before I buy another toy. I'm sure another one will come up sooner or later. Most of them are black are red though the less desirable colors.

RobD, congrats on a great purchase..like you said, you hit the Jackpot. I too bought a car on e-bay, was in just amazing condition and a 2 owner car. While I didn't get the deal you did, after 18 months of searching, I found the car. Got to be quick on the draw. This thread has been a great read. Many happy years of ownership.......

Thanks for the pictures. I like the color combination. Again - you did awesome with this find.

Great buy RobD!! Nice - I really like that interior - believe it's my favorite - I almost went for a white/white but couldn't get off the pocket book for over 50k. You'll love it.

Back