• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 black/ivory on Ebay JH4NA1156MT003054

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0467155719&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

One owner car! Original timing belt and water pump. I asked if he had a picture of the bolster and he simply said "no". I asked if he was willing to make the final sale contingent on an inspection by a dealer if I won the auction. His response was:

"No.The time for inspections was before the auction ends, not after."

:rolleyes: Like anyone is going to pay for an inspection without even knowing if they would be the high bidder.

I hope this turns out to be a nice car for the high bidder. The seller could've gotten a lot more if he marketed correctly... and wasn't such a tool.

Re: 91 black/ivory on Ebay

Why did it sell for only $23,000? Is something terribly wrong with it? Dont these usually go for 27-30k?

1) major service way past due
2) poor quality pictures
3) typical updates unknown (window fix it thingies, hatch/trunk struts, climate control unit, speakers/subwoofer, r12 to r134, etc)
4) less than 10k miles on new clutch. car has 45k miles... so he got a new clutch at ~35k miles? means he drag raced a lot or didn't know how to drive.. either way not good
5) PPI not allowed <--- major flag

Even without the major service, this car could've brought $30k if it was indeed in excellent condition... you don't run into 1 owner 91's too often.

Last edited:

There's at least $5k + in service needed for this car. $30k would have been a great price if the services etc. had been done.

I think someone got a great deal.:eek: even without the TB/WP, that can be done for less than 2K. If the car is in great shape, I don't mind buying a car that needs TB/WP, that way I know it is done right when I do it and I would of payed less sales tax, and that money saved can go into maintenance. These are Honda and pretty much reliable. I agree that ebay doesn't allow someone to check the car out because there is usally a 7day time frame for it to sell, and that is why these are getting low bid, but good for the buyer..:biggrin:. to some extent. I think with the economy some ppl are letting these car go to have cash in hand??? Plus low mileage coupes are getting harder to come by. I hope whoever got the car will come on prime and let us know the "real" condition of the car. :smile:

I'm the high bidder on this car. I live locally to the seller so I was willing to take the chance. I also tried to see the car before the end of the auction but he couldn't seem to accomodate me. If its not what he represented I'm not paying him. I'll take a negative hit on my Ebay account. I was thinking when I get the car checked out if I have to put a 2k-3k in it, I still got a good deal. . I'll keep you posted. PS-I'M EXCITED! I've been lusting after an NSX for 20 years.
Rob

congrats! :smile:
Let us know how it pans out for you....

I'm the high bidder on this car. I live locally to the seller so I was willing to take the chance. I also tried to see the car before the end of the auction but he couldn't seem to accomodate me. If its not what he represented I'm not paying him. I'll take a negative hit on my Ebay account. I was thinking when I get the car checked out if I have to put a 2k-3k in it, I still got a good deal. . I'll keep you posted. PS-I'M EXCITED! I've been lusting after an NSX for 20 years.
Rob

FYI: EBAY's rules changed in the past year or so.
As a buyer, you cannot get negative feedback. You can only get a non paying strike. If you go and look at the car and it's not as expected inform EBAY and in most cases they will remove the strike.

Just a quick update, I've been swapping emails with the current owner today. He has agreed to meet me on Wed at Rallye Acura for a PPI. I told him that even if it needs servicing, I'm OK with that. I just need to know what I'm buying before I pay for it. He seemed to understand. I'll keep you guys in the loop. I won't feel like an owner until I have it all chcecked out.
BUT I'M CLOSE...PS-I already have the new wheels picked out!!!
Rob

Just a quick update, I've been swapping emails with the current owner today. He has agreed to meet me on Wed at Rallye Acura for a PPI. I told him that even if it needs servicing, I'm OK with that. I just need to know what I'm buying before I pay for it. He seemed to understand. I'll keep you guys in the loop. I won't feel like an owner until I have it all chcecked out.
BUT I'M CLOSE...PS-I already have the new wheels picked out!!!
Rob

I have a similiar car but with 119K miles. Sounds like you got a great deal to me. When you buy those new wheels remember the traction control requires certain parameters to operate properly. There are many threads here on wheels to get the correct sizing. This is my favorite car out of the 25 cars I've ever owned.
Happy Motoring!

Wow, what a deal - I know it will most likely need about 5k + in deffered maintenance items but at that price - what can you expect. The mileage is super low and the car appears to be kept by someone that really respected and appreciated his car - it may not have the mods that you'd want like headers but this is - at least on the surface of things- a very nice find. I'm actually surprised that the car didn't sell for more. Sad actually. Heck even if you put 7k in the car you would still have around 30k in it and that's damn good for one completely sorted and up to date!

Good luck with the PPI - I'm sure it will pass. This guy sounds to me like he's just a bit unfamiliar with ebay and just expected you to pay and pick up the car - and actually you are in a particularly good spot being near him and being able to check it out like this. Ebay is funny - actually you most likely will find this guy is honest and straight forward. If the looks of his car is any indication that is.

waiting for updates. this kind of sounds like when I bought my NSX back in May. horrible photos, not much info online, seller was kind of quirky... but I had a PPI done, passed, then I flew out to MO and it was an excellent car! hopefully you have the same experience. good luck!

I'm meeting the seller at the dealer today at 2pm for the PPI. Honcho(prime member) has agreed to meet me there for support. The members on here are GREAT. It's alos nice to have a wing man...the seller scares me!!!:eek:

I'm meeting the seller at the dealer today at 2pm for the PPI. Honcho(prime member) has agreed to meet me there for support. The members on here are GREAT. It's alos nice to have a wing man...the seller scares me!!!:eek:

You are lucky you live near Honcho, Paul, he's a great guy and super knowledgeable. Let us know what happens - we're all on the edge of our seats - I know it's going to be good unless there is some kind of accident damage. Good luck!

Jackpot!!!! The car is in AMAZING CONDITION. Honcho actually got there before me and I was able to tell by the look on his face that I stumbled onto something special. In Honcho’s words “This is find.” Even though I felt pretty comfortable after what Honcho said I still had the dealership check it out. After about 45 minutes they came to me and said “Car’s a beauty…I’d buy it today.” As for the seller Russ…what a gentleman and great guy, a real man’s man. He’s led a Rock Star life but out of respect for him I won’t share details. He truly loved and appreciated the car all these years and it shows, from the original mats that have never been put in the car to the original tools and compressor all in the right place to the leather bound owners manual down to the titanium key. WOW!I think I’m tearing up I’m so happy. After 20 years of wishing I’m part of the club.
Russ…I promise to show her the same respect you have for all these years.
<O:p></O:p>
To Honcho and Russ…dinner’s on me at Rothmann’s

never underestimate one owner cars:wink: Was this Russ from LI? Congrats on what looks to be a well bought car.

Yes...it is Russ from LI...it's been a pleasure to deal with him.

Is this the same car from NY that got hit by the train and then was pieced back together by 2 salvage yards?? Just Kidding!!

Great find!! Congrats!!

Rob is right, it is a great car. This is up there for find of the year. I looked over every inch of that car and it is mint. One owner, all original parts, no leaks of any kind, A/C blows cold, all tools in toolkit, it even has the original trunk mat still in it. All with only 44k miles. With a little TLC, this car can be museum quality. Great find, Rob- you're gonna love the car!

PS- John, I don't think this is the Russ (attorney) that you are thinking of.

Wow, what a find - you've got to be the luckiest dude around. To find it in the first place and that it was for sale and then to find it on ebay and get a rediculously low price accepted for a car like that! Amazing - every once in a while you hear of stuff like that - if the guy had known a bit more about what he was doing and had thought it thru or perhaps was able - he could have brought the car up to service standards and then sold it close to 30k or more actually if it was totally up to date it would have been worth 32k maybe. I would like to think mine was worth that.

Oh man! Send us some pics - but the ones I saw in the ad on ebay - It sure looked like a winner! Good for you! Welcome and Congratulations!

Wow, what a find - you've got to be the luckiest dude around. To find it in the first place and that it was for sale and then to find it on ebay and get a rediculously low price accepted for a car like that! Amazing - every once in a while you hear of stuff like that - if the guy had known a bit more about what he was doing and had thought it thru or perhaps was able - he could have brought the car up to service standards and then sold it close to 30k or more actually if it was totally up to date it would have been worth 32k maybe. I would like to think mine was worth that.

Oh man! Send us some pics - but the ones I saw in the ad on ebay - It sure looked like a winner! Good for you! Welcome and Congratulations!

Tim,

This is still for the most part a buyers market. The seller posted the car on the biggest market place in the world, EBAY. So the buyer paid exactly what the car is worth. I do think the car will hold its value or possibly increase if the economy ever turns around.
Personally I think its a great price for a fantastic car.

Back