• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

98 in Indiana $44K, JH4NA2162WT000136

Hello all, putting together details for delivery of this car. Dealer in Indiana. The Carfax looks clean, as does the VIN on Google. Anyone know any more details on the car or dealer? They seem like great guys over the phone. Suggestions on shipping? It will be my first NSX and first time buying out of state. Thanks! Steve

JH4NA2162WT000136

Seems a bit on the high side to me. Must be super low mileage or something - like really good records and all the maintenance up to date and that would be a pretty big amount of money. So if it really has low miles as in 10k to 15k and all the maintenance up to date and paint and interior perfect - and maybe a few nice mods - nice wheels - I might pay that much.

My cheapy 2 cents worth

CAR

Nice looking.

It is nice looking and the miles are super low - I would like to know the details of the "full service" at the dealer to see if it included the TB/WP/hoses/fluids. Can't imagine it needing anything else though. Hope it works out for you! If the service is a yes to the list I put here - this isn't such a bad price from a dealer. It would be nicer at 2k less. Not a lot of these out there to choose from I wouldn't think. All in all not bad.

I've never heard of Oakley & Blackburn.

I would like to know the details of the "full service" at the dealer to see if it included the TB/WP/hoses/fluids.
Definitely ask. My guess is that their "full service" includes things like an oil change, brake pad check (change if necessary), and tire check (change if necessary), and not the full scheduled maintenance services which would probably run you somewhere around $2400-3000 if you do everything.

I've never heard of Oakley & Blackburn.

Definitely ask. My guess is that their "full service" includes things like an oil change, brake pad check (change if necessary), and tire check (change if necessary), and not the full scheduled maintenance services which would probably run you somewhere around $2400-3000 if you do everything.

You have mentioned all my suspicions....

I bought my 97 6 months ago with 39k miles and paid less than 40 for it. It is a one of a kind and I think you know when you have to have the car, and when it is a good deal. I would think that car with 21k miles would sell somewhere around 40-44k with all service records, zero defects etc. Its low mileage enough that something like that should be easy to produce depending on how many owners have had her.

I agree with what you say about knowing it is the right one. We have started the payment process, and hopefully soon the shipping process. I have never shipped a car before, but the sellers do frequently.

It will be out first NSX after many other Honda's. We sold our S2000 to help buy this. I miss the S2000, but think this is the right move.

Anything we should look for when we receive it? The seller is using a national auto moving company, with enclosed trailer. I still see visions of a driver doing burn outs in the parking lot during a stop-over!

Really appreciate this site, and all the collective knowledge here!

Well all suspicions put to bed! Sounds like a good car. With low miles like that and all that service done and most likely in great shape in and out - what's not to like. You may be paying just a bit in premium but it's worth it for low miles and all that service history. Sounds like you found a good one. Good luck and we'll all want to see pics when you get em!!! Welcome aboard!

Steveffl:
I live about 20 minutes from Ooley and Blackburn and although I have never purchased anything from them I know a couple of people who have. They have an excellant reputation around town. I'm sure everything will be as advertised. Scott

Thanks all. I am really stoked to get it home. I hope it has a nice journey to the great NorthWest! Will post more when it gets here. Steve

Enjoy your new car!!!!!! I know the car is in immaculate condition!!!!

Please tell us how it felt getting your NSX delivered. Its so much fun hearing about the joy of peoples purchases.

It did make it home to the Northwest. My first experience with buying and shipping from out of state. The sellers were outstanding. The shippers and driver were also outstanding, very professional. My wife and I met the driver in a large parking lot, waited for the car, then drove it home. Of course, it has been raining like crazy since, but have had it out a few times. Outstanding car, our first one. Like new inside and out, 21K miles. All stock, right down to the OEM paper air filter. Thanks to all here at NSX Prime for the helpful advise and the collective knowledge.

Attachments

• IMGP1727.jpg
    IMGP1727.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMGP1741.jpg
    IMGP1741.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 118
Congrats, I'll bet your stoked all right. How many times have you gone in the garage to get a peek? Don't worry, its prefectly normal :smile:.

I know that car was near perfect. I almost got your car!! I came home from picking up a yellow one and saw you purchased it. I keep looking at her.. shes a good looking car. And so does everyone else

Jman

The best one, right Cap....and the fastest too - right Sidwac??? (he's probably not watching this thread) :biggrin:

Big D, I still sneak peaks at mine and I've had it 8 months....lol. But it is normal...

Tim, we all know Berlina Black is the fastest NSX color. :D

Steve, that's a gorgeous-looking NSX, congrats on the purchase!

Thanks guys. I have had some decent cars in the past, but nothing that equals an NSX. My wife even likes driving it. She hated to drive our Mustang Cobra, but loves the Acura.
And yes, I go out to the garage a lot! My wife does think I am a little off!

It does get a lot of looks on the road. I like the other colors, especially red, yellow and black, but they must REALLY grab attention! This silver is about right for keeping it a little more under the radar.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the club!

Back