• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A/C blower motor works only on high - already replaced the power transistor

OK, I'm stumped. Did the FAQ and search stuff, found the old TSB for the blower motor problem. Purchased and replaced the blower motor power transistor. Problem still there.

Problem is that blower motor does not work on anything but high for a period of time. After 5-10 minutes, fan does work. Problem occurs with fan set on either auto or on any setting but high.

I swapped the blower motor relays, they are working properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Problem started immediately after local shop took apart the dashboard to repair cruise control. (Yes, I have already contacted them!) However, this sounded SO much like the TSB problem I was convinced that was it, so I went ahead and replaced that part; I thought it was a coincidental problem, not a related problem.

So, even assuming I will have the repair shop look at it, what else could it be? Is there anything under the dash that controls the fan speed? I tried the diag in the shop manual but it didn't lead me anywhere, and frankly, it went beyond my ability or willingness to mess with electrically- and electronically- operated equipment.

Thanks for any responses.

yup.. typical climate control board problem.. contact "briank" on nsxprime.

Check out Dali Racing. They'll send you a reconditioned board and give you credit for your board when you return it. My a/c works great now.

Check out Dali Racing. They'll send you a reconditioned board and give you credit for your board when you return it. My a/c works great now.

I'll bet that BrianK personally knows about every repair that Dali sends to him.

;)

Drew

I had exacttly the same symptoms, I sent the AC control unit to Auto Truck Electronics, they quoted me $150 and even sent me a free shipping label. It works fine now. You can reach them on 1-800-257-3395 ext 10 or check out their advert on Ebay.

BrianK is the solution. I had a similar problem when purchasing my NSX. The Tampa, Tallahassee and Wichita Acura dealerships all agreed that the error codes or other diagnostics performed in Tallahassee concluded that the power transistor AND the climate control needed to be replaced @ $1,700!!

BrianK recommended I just have the CCB repaired. He did so very quickly and at a good price. It worked great and I've had no problems for over 1 year (or 1,500 miles).

Lucky for me, I was able to negotiate the $1,700 into the buying price:smile:

Give BrianK a try.

Back