• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A/C fan only works on high, no cold air

My 92 NSX is having A/C issues. Fan only works on high and its not blowing cold air. Car has been in the shop for 4 weeks and they cant figure it out...not sure if its a CCU problem or something else. Frion has already been changed. From what I have been told, if they hold the "a/c door" open, then it blows cold air.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated....i just want my NSX back.

Suggest taking the board out of the CCU and send it to briank for repairs.
This is a common problem.

When was the last time did you put in freon? You might just need freon. Get a can of freon that has pressure gauze from Pepboys and test the pressure level, if needed, charge it in.

Might be two issues. Only blowing high is a common issue, both of my cars had it, BrianK fixed them both. I also had no AC blowing once the compressor etc had been fixed on one car, turns out the AEM wasn't configured right as hot wiring the compressor fixed it (as a test). So what I am saying is, maybe the AC head unit also needs that fixing as mentioned above.

When was the last time did you put in freon? You might just need freon. Get a can of freon that has pressure gauze from Pepboys and test the pressure level, if needed, charge it in.

Fresh freon was put in about a month and a half ago so I don't think that is the problem. Looks like I'll be sending Brian K an email shortly.

There's also a full test sequence for the AC that you can run. On the wiki I think.

Back