• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

a/c problem...

like so many others i'm having an A/C issue... i'm happy to say that it blows ICE COLD... however most of the time it only works if i have the fan turned all the way to the top OR if i put it on auto and turn the temp all the way down to 60... its almost as if there is no middle ground...

now every once in a while it will blow normal if i set the thermostat at 70 but that will only last a half hour and then its back to only working on high or with the stat set to 60.

any ideas? i checked the two blower fuses and they look fine.

This is a common problem, with a couple of possible causes. You can read about it in the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions) under Troubleshooting - Climate Control, and you can also do a search on previous topics.

If it's the control unit, you can send it to NSXprime user Briank who can fix it for you at a very reasonable cost.

thanks... i looked at the faq already... the section that states only blowing on high... is that all the time?

because every now and then the system will just run perfect for me for say 30 minutes... then its back to only working on high again.

maybe briank can post and clarify here?

sending out my unit will be tough... this is a daily driver for me here in florida and its damn hot without ac!

The "fan only runs on high problem" is the most common problem with the NSX climate control. It can be caused by a bad power transistor or a bad controller, most often it’s the controller. If yours is working sometimes then the problem is in the CCU. When the power transistor goes it's gone for good. If you don't want to be down while waiting for a repair I am selling a complete rebuilt CCU http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55851 and I also have rebuilt control boards that I sell on an exchange basis. See my web page in my signature. :smile:

Last edited:
menuserve said:
thanks... i looked at the faq already... the section that states only blowing on high... is that all the time?

because every now and then the system will just run perfect for me for say 30 minutes... then its back to only working on high again.

maybe briank can post and clarify here?

sending out my unit will be tough... this is a daily driver for me here in florida and its damn hot without ac!

Mine had the same symptoms as yours and as I stated above, you can have it repaired the same day. I dropped mine off at 10:00am and had it back in my car by 4:00pm. Their shop is in Lake Worth.

(561) 582-6383, 4433 10th Ave N, Lake Worth, FL 33461

Here is their link. http://www.autoecu.com/Products/default.asp

menuserve said:
DOCL... thanks... it looks like they have pretty good prices... did they remove the unit from your car or did you remove it and bring it to them?

I removed the unit myself. It's a fifteen minute job.

Back