• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A Hayabusa Lotus 7 Test Drive

Otherwise, there is nothing to write home about. AFAIK, my buddy Dan's Lotus 7 just might be the only 7 in the US w/ the Busa powertrain and the test drive was one of the best/intense driving experience I have ever had and we weren't even on the track. Its quite visceral and puts more onus on the driver. I can touch the ground sitting in the driver seat now I know how Fred Flintstone brakes.

the sequential box was quick and joyous to shift. it sounds angry and potent throughout the range all the way to 10K+ but nothing below 4k. The 205-15 Avon(TW 40) has so much grip and stops so quickly cuz it weights only slightly over 1100 lbs. My neck was sore and could not hold it up after 30min kinda like driving a shifter kart.

Yep, the valve cover is made out of Mag. just like our cars. It accelerated very quickly but after 120-ish, its a brick. the NA power density is impressive so is the packaging. It was built by Super7 in Canada that claimed 0-60 just under 3s. We did not try it as he is 250 lbs and I am 140 lbs. but its quite doable imo.

Last edited:
It is street legal, its registered in MS:wink:....for CA, probably going thru SB100. It even has lights and a top and a heater and wipers and it felt so weird during turns cuz you are practically sitting on top the the rear axle. 0-120 is brutally quick and none of his friends would ride shotgun again cuz they all want to throw up:biggrin:
He was also amazed how long the Avon and the brakes last with all the track days he has done being so light. We got pulled over by a 'zoo' cop who could not believe how quickly we were able to stop at a light considering how fast we were going. He had to check it out. :eek: It was priceless watching his facial expression. A big dude and a skinny asian guy in a tiny car....
Dan is waiting for his big mac 570 to arrive. He is selling his GT3 and this to free up $$. I am so tempted to take this off his hands but I need to make something out of this car if I buy it.

It is street legal, its registered in MS:wink:....for CA, probably going thru SB100. It even has lights and a top and a heater and wipers and it felt so weird during turns cuz you are practically sitting on top the the rear axle. 0-120 is brutally quick and none of his friends would ride shotgun again cuz they all want to throw up:biggrin:
He was also amazed how long the Avon and the brakes last with all the track days he has done being so light. We got pulled over by a 'zoo' cop who could not believe how quickly we were able to stop at a light considering how fast we were going. He had to check it out. :eek: It was priceless watching his facial expression. A big dude and a skinny asian guy in a tiny car....
Dan is waiting for his big mac 570 to arrive. He is selling his GT3 and this to free up $$. I am so tempted to take this off his hands but I need to make something out of this car if I buy it.

Nice!
Would he trade it for a 1992 red NSX? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

he is addicted to power. quite hard on the equipment as well. the car can only do about 135 at the track and he wanted to do 150 so a rotrex is in the works and near completion. I'm really impressed with the busa power plant and how trackable it is on the street. Light weight benefits you all the time was apparent.

...he is 250 lbs and I am 140 lbs.

Imagine the fun w/o your friend in the car :smile: Search youtube for turbo busa lotus. Lots of interesting stuff out there. I enjoyed my Birkin with it's 2.0 Ford, so I know that busa would be lots of fun.

God, I miss my Hayabusa. Starting to get the itch for another one. However, if I were to use a Busa powerplant in a 4 wheeled vehicle it would be a twin turbo Busa V8. :)

twinturbobusav8.jpg

Dido

John Hartley hasn't blown us off yet.:wink: and its on the bucket list:redface:. Just saying. We need to wait a few more months in hope of no need getting one from HoleShot in GB.
at 23" x 21" x 22" and ~200lbs, low CG, flat crank, Dailey 4-stage who hired me at NPTI, ITB, 7075 crank case, 10K+ at 250ft/lb flat tork like oem. its only fitting in the NSX w/ a M1 Motec not a chopstick, dog-leg low rev option. It will be a total sleeper. Perhaps some day, over the rainbow, our dream will come true.

Back