• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A Knights Tale...Better than Expected

Just got back from a Knights Tale. I was quite surprised. I expected it to be a pretty good movie, but I really really enjoyed it. The whole theater was into the movie. It had many funny parts, and was all around enjoyable, 2 hours and 20 mins flew by. I highly reccommend it for anybody, fans of the middle ages or not.

------------------
1997 Mustang GT
Dreams of Future NSX

I'll have to take your word that it got better as it went along - I walked out about half an hour into it. I just can't deal with a movie set in the middle ages where the dialogue sounds like kids in Venice Beach. "Dude, where's my tunic?" A handful of people beat me out of the theater.

I agree, I thought the movie was excellent, much better than I expected. It started off very slow but really got better and better. I'd rent it when it comes out David.

------------------
Jason

Dude! (david ;>)

as you'll note from my username, you'd be right in guessing that i can't walk out of a movie that opens with We Will Rock You (by Queen :>).

seriously, i found that by accepting it as a "movie" vs a F-I-L-M it wasn't a bad matinee flick... and to this long time renaissance faire attendee, to wrap up a period flick like that with "The Boy's are Back in Town" was a harmless touch.

btw, david... i absolutely LOVE your avatar... homegrown or did you "borrow" it from someone?

be well, all.
hal

I have to agree with queenlives. Definatley a fun flick. Great Music.

David, if you want to see shakespearian(sp?) dialouge you will have to head to the theatre. But for a fun movie rent the movie when it comes out on DVD.

A Knights Tale was a fun movie, well blended with fun music and a fairly quick moving movie after the initial get-go. We Will Rock you, Lowrider, Takin' Care of Business, Get Ready, all great 80's classics.

------------------
2001 Porsche Boxster
1997 Mustang GT (selling)
1995 Mustang V6 (selling)
Dreams of Future NSX

jester,

wwry (queen) and lowrider were 70's hits (queen, i know for sure, lowrider i'm a little fuzzy on). as to your recommendation on will shakes work... kenneth branagh's Henry V was a stunning interpretation of that piece (out on dvd now, i've got TWO, count 'em, TWO copies <hard to find>... but i'm guessing david has already seen that

anyway, harmless flick, good with popcorn and a coke.
be well, all.
hal

Originally posted by queenlives:
kenneth branagh's Henry V was a stunning interpretation of that piece

Amazing movie. I think the 'St. Crispin's day' speech before the battle of Agincort was the first time I ever had any type of deeply emotional response to a movie. Brilliant and much more approachable than the Olivier version (although, in fairness, that movei suffered from the burden of being war time propoganda).

By the way, I don't have a problem with movies that are mind candy, I just think its lazy writing to use contemporary dialog. If the writer actually had any real understanding of his craft, he could have kept reasonably true to the setting and sitll have made a good movie. A middle ages movie doesn't have to sound like the Cantebury Tales, but it sure as hell shouldn't sound like the slack-jawed kids that hang out at the corner store.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 15 May 2001).]

I define 80's classics as things I remember from the 80's and, well, I was born in 1980
smile.gif
. I had a funny feeling I was way off on the dates...I need to stop posting at 3am...

Back