• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A Quick Introduction

Hi Everyone,
My name is Jim, and I've recently come to acquire a Silver '91 NSX! I'm excited to be part of the community. I currently work at Edmunds.com, and I bought the car from my employer as the car came off of a long-term test that you can read (all 188 posts) here.

Ahead of buying the car, I spent quite a bit of time here on NSXPrime doing research on a number of things. This really is an amazing resource for owners, and I'm excited to eventually become an active contributor to the community. Hope to meet some of you in the near future..

- Jim

nsx_large.jpg

Hi Jim, great to see you joining Prime. I really enjoyed the Long Term Test blog and have recommended it as reading for any perspective buyer who wants to understand some of the realities of NSX ownership.

I hope your car brings you as much joy as mine has brought me.

Last edited:
Awesome car Jim. I followed the insideline articles on your NSX for some time and was scouring the internet for a sale ad when they said they would be selling it (I've always wanted a Sebring Silver hardtop), you made an great decision on picking it up!

Welcome Jim. I was following the long term blog for the NSX and now I check the site out weekly. Good source of information. You've got quite a nice NSX there.

Welcome Jim. I followed the long term blog for this NSX; certainly made for great reading :) Beautiful Car and again - Welcome to the Club :)

Congratulations and welcome. I followed the blog also and I really enjoyed it.
I'm 92_nsx_411 on there and as I mentioned you should also look into join the NSXCA.
The quarterly magazine alone is worth the price.

Hi Everyone,
My name is Jim, and I've recently come to acquire a Silver '91 NSX! I'm excited to be part of the community. I currently work at Edmunds.com, and I bought the car from my employer as the car came off of a long-term test that you can read (all 188 posts) here.

Ahead of buying the car, I spent quite a bit of time here on NSXPrime doing research on a number of things. This really is an amazing resource for owners, and I'm excited to eventually become an active contributor to the community. Hope to meet some of you in the near future..

- Jim

View attachment 95395

Very good to see you sign in here, Jim. Best of all NSX to you and your (new) sportscar!

Hi Everyone,

Hmm, I'd love to read all the posts chronologically from start to finish, but right now it's only showing them to me one month at a time and I have to use a drop-down to select which month... Is there a way I can view/download ALL of them?

Glad to have you! As you and Edmunds discovered, these aren't the cheapest cars to own and maintain, but they're worth the price...

I though the OEM catalytic converters were discontinued? How did you get your hands on a set?

Congrats! Welcome to prime!!!

Welcome and congrats Jim on the great purchase. If memory is correct it sounds like you were able to get a really good deal on the car as well.
Glad to have you in the community! Cheers, Jay

thanks for becoming active on prime...be sure to get involved in your region of the nsxca and look out for nsxpo next year ......where ever it may be.

Congratulations and Welcome Jim. I followed the NSX blog from day one. Great work. You are a lucky man to work for an employer that specializes in cars and their performance and then offers the cars to their employees. You will soon know why we are such fanatics about these cars.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

@bngl3rt- You might laugh when you see read this, but I actually found the CARB-compliant cats on Amazon.com.. A 3rd party seller had them listed for much less than anywhere else we could find. I won't keep my hopes up that they'll last the test of time, but they finally got the car to pass and that's all that mattered :)

Last edited:
Welcome Jim, loved following the Edmunds LT test of the NSX, I saved every one of them. When I read that someone at Edmunds bought the car I was pleased; just seemed right somehow. Besides, you could never pay for a PPI that thorough! Enjoy!

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

@bngl3rt- You might laugh when you see read this, but I actually found the CARB-compliant cats on Amazon.com.. A 3rd party seller had them listed for much less than anywhere else we could find. I won't keep my hopes up that they'll last the test of time, but they finally got the car to pass and that's all that mattered :)
That's awesome, I would've never thought to check Amazon lol.

Welcome to the NSX family.
I was following the Edmunds test & printed it out to add to my NSX information collection.
I need to go back and check out the last few posts.

I'm sure you will enjoy your NSX and hope to follow you on prime.

Welcome , funny.. when I read you work for edmunds, I try to buy the black widebody 911 you guys where selling couple months back, one of your long term test/article cars, did it ever sell?
-Chris

Hi Chris,
It certainly did.. I can't remember where it went, but we sold it just a while before I took acquisition of the NSX.. Thanks for the welcome!

Back