• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A tragic lost on the track.

my point..every group i run with has a grid spotter checking for helmet strap/harness/seatbelts and wrist band id ect....

218d1db3-c81a-4d3d-bd35-f6d3e9c0eb80.jpg *************8this is NOT the last picture taken but from a prior event******* the corner report listed as a 4pt harness--- 5th down... http://www.riversidesheriff.org/coroner/press/

very sad indeed. Ive run with Raceline a bunch of times before, they are very well organized and as far as I can remember always have a spotter on track entry checking for bracelets, straps and windows, Its almost ilke it was a very unfortunate perfect storm that culminated in tragedy. A few good friends of mine were the next car behind them on track they said track conditions were normal with no debris or anything out of the ordinary. When they saw the dust and slowed to pass the damage was massive and the car was almost unrecognizable and saw the driver with no helmet slumped in the seat. I know a lot of those guys run the type R front end on USDM spec cars and remove the crash support because its not compatible. Very sad all the way around, hopefully it gets more people aware of safety on the track.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that "last" picture tells volumes.

Don't let their death be in vain. Enjoy our the sport and enjoy our awesome car. Life is indeed too short but make it last as long as possible by wearing the right safety equipment properly. Be vigilent about track safety as well. There have been tons of safety improvements in F1/NASCAR/etc but unfortunately many of us would rather spend on the next go-fast mod than the next be-safer mod.

From what I saw from other threads the snippet of where the accident happened would not have been as deadly if ran CW instead of CCW on that particular right-left combination.

View attachment 100296 this is apparently the last picture taken before they got on track, looks like 3 points and no helmet strap, very sad indeed.

I'm pretty sure this picture was taken well before the accident at a different track event.
One telling part is the tree in the background. From my recollection, Chuckwalla doesn't have those types of trees, much less any trees that I can remember...

Second is the green walls/barriers which is more like Willow Springs Raceway or Streets of Willow.
WillowSprings6FastestRoadinTheWest1.jpg

Lastly, that the group that was running that weekend was "STAR Car Sports". Not sure if they were affliated with Raceline or not.

Tragic loss nonetheless.

Last edited:
Very correct Happa88, i looked into it after seeing that picture on another forum. very well spotted. Edited the post.

thank you for all of your warm prayers and blessings. He owns an Integra, and as for the airbag I'm pretty sure he had aftermarket steering wheel.
All '94 and later Integras sold in the North American market, including all Integra Type R's, also had a passenger-side airbag. Unfortunately, that's no guarantee, but depending on the situation it could help. Assuming it wasn't removed or disabled.

Last edited:
i heard about this the other day. its so sad...

Unfortunately that "last" picture tells volumes.

Don't let their death be in vain. Enjoy our the sport and enjoy our awesome car. Life is indeed too short but make it last as long as possible by wearing the right safety equipment properly. Be vigilent about track safety as well. There have been tons of safety improvements in F1/NASCAR/etc but unfortunately many of us would rather spend on the next go-fast mod than the next be-safer mod.

From what I saw from other threads the snippet of where the accident happened would not have been as deadly if ran CW instead of CCW on that particular right-left combination.

this is why I cringe when I see people run harness bars or any combination of harness, fixed back seat or rollover protection that is anything but all 3 together at the same exact time. Tons of boyracer harness offenders on here, but I get tired of preaching it.

All '94 and later Integras sold in the North American market, including all Integra Type R's, also had a passenger-side airbag. Unfortunately, that's no guarantee, but depending on the situation it could help. Assuming it wasn't removed or disabled.

i've been told that he took the airbags out for weight saving

i've been told that he took the airbags out for weight saving
Horrible tragedy ... So sad to hear. Too bad it sounds like the passenger probably died from blunt neck trauma which prolly would have been avoided by a 5 pound airbag!!!

Back