• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A Twist on how to Install a DD in an NSX ~new lense too!

I've seen so many double din installs in the NSX and no matter how cool the deck, they all suffer from the same damn glare problem due to the angle!

I told myself if I ever install a deck in the NSX it's gonna be different, so here's a few shots of my vision turn into reality :)

The car was stripped to make running wires easier and do proper routing
IMG_6859.jpg

A unique shot showing the special matte finish of the bezel:
IMG_3981.jpg

Note the special 40 degree angle and reverse tilt of the Kenwood deck:
IMG_3893.jpg

Got rid of the useless astray and relocated the cigarette lighter:
IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

Having some fun with LED lighting for car shows only of course:
IMG_3898.jpg

More LED lighting to show off the supercharger:
IMG_3903.jpg

Last edited:
Great work bro. Nothing can beat time and dedication to get results like this. I love the engine bay the most BTW

What kind of lens and body?

Last edited:
Great work bro. Nothing can beat time and dedication to get results like this. I love the engine bay the most BTW

What kind of lens and body?

thank you sir!

We were shooting with our 40D and 17-55 USM lense, I'm still a beginner learning all the camera settings :smile:

Last edited:
That looks excellent! Did you take the DD center console replacement and modify that for the switches and velentine one, or did you completely custom cut a new center console piece?

Also, how did you mount that Kenwood receiver? Looks excellent and very similar to what I was hoping to do, except I would be doing the center console in silver CF.

What the???? When did Kenwood get a reverse tilt function? What model head units come with that? AWESOME JOB!!!

Just FYI, Kenwood was the first to get the reverse tilt function several years ago, I think it showed up first on the DDX-6019.

Clean looking install... Too bad the way the buttons are oriented at the bottom, the border can make it cumbersome to press sometimes.

Very nice on the interior. A couple dabs of epoxy glue to hold up the neon lights would give it a cleaner look instead of zip ties. Maybe your just testing. Anyways looks super nice.

Very nice on the interior. A couple dabs of epoxy glue to hold up the neon lights would give it a cleaner look instead of zip ties. Maybe your just testing. Anyways looks super nice.

Perhaps the high heat in the engine bay would weaken the glue. I know JB weld is a strong epoxy that works on engines.. maybe they are too strong though and not removable?

I like the work! This is an undercover car? LOL, red and blue lights in rear view mirror facing forward thru windshield? Why did you install that?

Jason

Perhaps the high heat in the engine bay would weaken the glue. I know JB weld is a strong epoxy that works on engines.. maybe they are too strong though and not removable?

I like the work! This is an undercover car? LOL, red and blue lights in rear view mirror facing forward thru windshield? Why did you install that?

Jason

I thought that was a radar detector at first. Now I see they are lights thats pretty weird. The guy loves his lights thats for sure.

It's a fantastic install on the workmanship on the console but those switches and the leds are killing me... switches for strobes or red and blues should be incognito.. even hidden in the shifter boot somewhere.. or even just repurpose OEM fog light switches... it's just such nice work on the console but imho it got messed up with some $2 switches... but hey that's just me :)

Last edited:
Rick!

So many changes!

Supercharger added, check!
New LED in engine bay, check!
Bride seats removed in favor of OEM, check!
DD unit, check!

What made you finally switch over to the alluring power of a SS? :)

I thought that was a radar detector at first. Now I see they are lights thats pretty weird. The guy loves his lights thats for sure.

The V1 radar detector is on the REAR back window on a custom pedestal - see picture below! :)

P.S. THIS IS NOT MY CAR - notice how this car is black and my NSX is GPW with red Bride seats :cool:

The dash was custom made using an OEM stock dash piece and it cannot be made without the car in the shop.

We used tie-wraps because we did not want to ruin the metal Comptech brace in case it's ever removed or sold. Nothing on the car was permanently modified except the dash piece which can easily be replaced.

Switches are personal taste, $2 or $5 dollar switches make no difference. From my experience the ones that light up tend to fail and I wanted to keep the look super clean.

thanks for all the comments!

WOW! Beautiful work. I have a lot of questions, but the three that come to mind immediately:
1. Is that a stock console, or a "filled" one like the ones sold from DF?
2. How did you attach the extra material/paneling to accommodate the reverse tilt?
3. How durable is that matte paintjob? Looks super clean!

I've been considering doing something exactly like this. I hope you don't mind me asking you more about/copying your build later. Amazing work! I really like how the head unit is inset in the console rather than being flushed out to the edge. Looks way more professional. Great job. Inspiration for me to fix my non-existent stereo problem.

WOW! Beautiful work. I have a lot of questions, but the three that come to mind immediately:
1. Is that a stock console, or a "filled" one like the ones sold from DF?
2. How did you attach the extra material/paneling to accommodate the reverse tilt?
3. How durable is that matte paintjob? Looks super clean!

I've been considering doing something exactly like this. I hope you don't mind me asking you more about/copying your build later. Amazing work! I really like how the head unit is inset in the console rather than being flushed out to the edge. Looks way more professional. Great job. Inspiration for me to fix my non-existent stereo problem.

thanks for the kind words! Wait till you see what I have in store for my own NSX later on this year as time permits.

Always better to start with an OEM dash since either way you need to fit it so why bother with an aftermarket piece.

Everything is either epoxy, bondo, filler or a mixture depending on the final look I'm going after. Still debating what I want to display on my NSX dash so have to lay out my dash. My goal is to implement a new iPad ver.2 once Apple releases it but have to decide on my plan of attack first.

rick

Back