• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

About to install CTSC, headers, Exhaust etc.....Any Advice

Thanks for sharing. Where can I order this from? I think I'm leaking out of this hose. Wondering how long it will take to pull the blower off to replace it but I definitely need to do this either way.

Only thing i have found is people saying you have to contact them directly. Let us know if you find out.

CT ENGINEERING
3239 Monier Circle, Suite 5
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
(916)635-4550 Phone
(916)635-4632 Fax

[email protected]
Business Hours
Monday-Friday
9:00a.m.-5:00p.m. PST

Thanks for sharing. Where can I order this from? I think I'm leaking out of this hose. Wondering how long it will take to pull the blower off to replace it but I definitely need to do this either way.

Call Shad.

http://www.drivingambition.us/Default.asp

He can get it for you. It wasn't too pricey. I want to say around $100-$130.

Shad rules.

I forget if you have an Autorotor (I thought you did?). In any event, the autorotor version is different but the concept is the same.

Call Shad.

http://www.drivingambition.us/Default.asp

He can get it for you. It wasn't too pricey. I want to say around $100-$130.

Shad rules.

Thanks. I will just go through him and RYU I have the Whipple on my car. I was told it was one of the last ones sold by comptech. It only had about 3,000 miles of use but its over 6 years old and all the fuel hoses were aged and cracked on my kit so I'm sure this hose is in the same condition and would explain why I'm getting 8lbs of boost out of my 83mm pulley that should be producing 10lbs. Thanks again for the help Netviper and to the others. I would have never found this problem since can't see the hose and have checked every other place for a leak

Thanks. I will just go through him and RYU I have the Whipple on my car. I was told it was one of the last ones sold by comptech. It only had about 3,000 miles of use but its over 6 years old and all the fuel hoses were aged and cracked on my kit so I'm sure this hose is in the same condition and would explain why I'm getting 8lbs of boost out of my 83mm pulley that should be producing 10lbs. Thanks again for the help Netviper and to the others. I would have never found this problem since can't see the hose and have checked every other place for a leak
This is a bypass hose in which when the car is in vacuum (not boost) the valve opens from under the supercharger to divert what would normally be charged air away from the compressor and into the intake. If your car is under boost this valve should be closed so i'm wondering if this is your problem. In any event, yes, should be changed. Let us know if this fixes your problem.

This is a bypass hose in which when the car is in vacuum (not boost) the valve opens from under the supercharger to divert what would normally be charged air away from the compressor and into the intake. If your car is under boost this valve should be closed so i'm wondering if this is your problem. In any event, yes, should be changed. Let us know if this fixes your problem.
I definitely want to replace it either way. Wont be able to fix it for a few weeks but will let you know the results.

I definitely want to replace it either way. Wont be able to fix it for a few weeks but will let you know the results.
probably goes w/o saying but i'm guessing you've replaced all your vacuum hoses.. if not, that's the first thing i'd do. There's a vacuum hose that goes from the IM to this bypass valve. It's under the blower and often is ignored since it can't be seen at all. I suspect this might be your problem.

If you've ruled out a slipping pulley/belt you've gotta have a boost leak somewhere.

Also, FWIW, I switched from a manual boost gauge to a proper digital MAP sensor. I'm reading a solid 6.9-7.1 boost. Exactly where I expected to be. Maybe it's your gauge too.. just throwing it out there.

This is it in case someone isn't sure in that pic.

When I installed the update the metal pipe didn't fit very well and needed Dremeling and a heat gun to get it + the hose ends in place. Wonder if anyone else had this experience.

BTW Shad is the man.

Hey guys, some updates:

My injectors were pulled few days ago and they are ready for pick at RC engineering.

Today, we removed intake manifold assembly and swapped the parts over to the supercharger and started the assembly on that. Tomorow we will install into the car and continue from there. We are taking our time so slowly but surely its being done in my garage.

We also installed Elbow repair kit.

Pics from today:

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00441.jpg
\
DSC00445.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

Here is a good shot of elbow repair kit which replaces silicone piece.
DSC00451.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

Yes, supercharger needs to come off to access it.

I love seeing other people ripping apart their motor and doing the FI add ons themselves. This is encouragement to me for when i get my turbo kit as it will be installed in my garage as well.
It looks like you are already doing this but I would clean every part as best I could before i put it back in.
If I can do the work I cant justify why i would let someone else do it. Even if it takes me a little longer, I did the work on MY car. I love that feeling, Props and watch smashing the knuckles as your turning screws!

Thanks.

I was going to pay to have this done but one the reasons I bought a home with a 3 bay garage was a product of me dreaming of doing my own wprk when I could. With only my MR2 and NSX in my 3 car garage (CRX and Fit stay in the driveway I have plenty of space to wok on.

Nice pics and thanks for updating us. You seem to be well on your way. Did you find the directions that came with the kit to be complete enough? I have the shop manual on pdf and wonder how much cross referencing you did? Any issues encountered yet? Stay patient

Nice pics and thanks for updating us. You seem to be well on your way. Did you find the directions that came with the kit to be complete enough? I have the shop manual on pdf and wonder how much cross referencing you did? Any issues encountered yet? Stay patient

I havent done much cross refferencing. I have just looked at the manual for the most part and other than craapy illustartion/pics, it seems to be good so far. Someone did send me a 91 (wrong year but same for most part) service manual that helps me identify what is what and will give me torque settings.
I spy an MR2 with a snorkel...:biggrin:

Yes, that is a 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo. I love that car but unfortunetly she has received very little attention since I got the nsx. Just replaced some broken wheel studs the other day and will get her fired back up so I can enjoy while NSX is down.
100_0740sig.jpg

Last edited:
I have some questions and would appreciate some help.
Here is a shot of brackets so far. On second picture you can see a mount on that bracket that goes to engine...my question is what is the deal with that gap? Does s spacer go there, rubber grommet from OEM mount get transfered there? which bolt douse?
DSC00471.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

Where does this hardware that came with my kit go?
DSC00470.jpg

Also need help on this. What goes in that vacuum port there?
DSC00476.jpg

Since NSX is down for work, I drove my MR2 today:
DSC00479.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man.

Can you tell me about how I mount that bracket to the engine? Does a spacer or something go there? What about rubber grommet from OEM bracket?

In the installation instructions it says.

Step 2 "Remove alternator bracket stiffener: New Idler Plate assembly will
mount to these three mounting points this bracket used. An additional support
for plate attaches to alternator adjusting slot. Transfer rubber grommet to
large standoff on front of new Idler plate
. The M10x100 flange bolt will be
reused in step #5.

Step 5 "Install front Idler Plate: Plate mounts to (4) points
on engine, 3 of which are mounts from removed alternator
stiffening bracket. 4th mount uses a spacer tube
bolted to alternator adjusting slot
."

Could it be the spacer below, 2nd from the left?

Mike

DSC00470.jpg

Last edited:
I have some questions and would appreciate some help.
Here is a shot of brackets so far. On second picture you can see a mount on that bracket that goes to engine...my question is what is the deal with that gap? Does s spacer go there, rubber grommet from OEM mount get transfered there? which bolt douse?
DSC00471.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

Where does this hardware that came with my kit go?
DSC00470.jpg

Also need help on this. What goes in that vacuum port there?
DSC00476.jpg

Looks great!! You are moving quickly. Was gonna send you a pdf of my shop manual but it is also for the 91:frown:
Could you please post a picture of where you hooked the vacuum line and the final instal of the bracket? Did you just cut into the alternator wire and extend it?

Back