• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS & TCS Lights Come On Together

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
This is a weird one..
I'm just driving along on the highway and the ABS and TCS lights come on at the same time. Get home, shut off the car. Start her up again a little while later and no lights. Then they come on again, this time as a slow speed and as they come on, I notice the motor immediately goes into what feels like "limp mode".

Shut the car off then re-start and no lights. They both come on a little while later.

This scenario has been going on since yesterday. All of my fluids are full. I pulled fuse #32 for a few seconds but the issue still persists. Tried a search but came up empty. This is probably something lame like the main relay isn't it? (At least I hope so)

Let's see if anyone out there has the answer. Thanks!

Pull the codes, sounds like a failing Wheel Speed Sensor.

The WSS's are in common to both systems;).

HTH,
LarryB

Pull the codes, sounds like a failing Wheel Speed Sensor.

The WSS's are in common to both systems;).

HTH,
LarryB

Is the Service Check Connector described in the service manual to pull codes from the ABS the same 2 P connector used to pull codes from the CEL? If not how do you tell them apart? Different colors?

Thanks.

Is the Service Check Connector described in the service manual to pull codes from the ABS the same 2 P connector used to pull codes from the CEL? If not how do you tell them apart? Different colors?

Thanks.

Yes:)

I had or shall I say still have the same problem, unfortunately with my busy schedule the car hasnt been driven since but anxious to pull the codes myself, will try this weekend, thanks LB

If it is a WSS you will get a code 41, 42, 44, or 48 -- RF, LF, RR, LR respectively.

HTH,
LarryB

Code 4-2 it is! Considering the car is 17 years old and has over 255,000 miles on it, I'm going to replace all 4 of them. They're not expensive and the R&R seems easy enough.

I can't believe something actually broke on the car. Shame on Honda! LOL

Thank you Sir Larry!

Also part number for replacement wheel speed sensor.?
Thanks

57450-SL0-030 SENSOR ASSY., R. FR.
57455-SL0-020 SENSOR ASSY., L. FR.
57470-SL0-020 SENSOR ASSY., R. RR.
57475-SL0-010 SENSOR ASSY., L. RR.

Same part for all year NSXs. $112.60 each at Delray Acura - www.acuraoemparts.com

Code 4-2 it is! Considering the car is 17 years old and has over 255,000 miles on it, I'm going to replace all 4 of them. They're not expensive and the R&R seems easy enough.

I can't believe something actually broke on the car. Shame on Honda! LOL

Thank you Sir Larry!

Hugh,

Save your money for oil:):). These do not go bad very often:). After hundreds of NSX's I have replaced 4-5 over the years.

My $.02,
LarryB

Hugh,

Save your money for oil:):). These do not go bad very often:). After hundreds of NSX's I have replaced 4-5 over the years.

My $.02,
LarryB

Good point.
I forgot to mention that when I pulled the codes from the ABS the MIL was flashing a code 36 for a TCFC signal. I imagine that once I replace the WSS and reset the ABS and main ECU the code will go away. But for the life of me I can't figure out what the following 3 acronyms stand for "TCFC", "TCFS" and "TC STB"

Good point.
I forgot to mention that when I pulled the codes from the ABS the MIL was flashing a code 36 for a TCFC signal. I imagine that once I replace the WSS and reset the ABS and main ECU the code will go away. But for the life of me I can't figure out what the following 3 acronyms stand for "TCFC", "TCFS" and "TC STB"

Yes it will go away:).

Regards,
LarryB

Please help! I encountered the same problem as Hugh with my 1992 NSX. When I checked the error codes, I found that mine was for the right rear sensor. His was for the left front. When I went to the Delray Acura site to order the parts and entered the part number, it said the number was for years 1995 and later ONLY, so I called Delray. They said their system said the part was discontinued nationally by Acura for years before 1995. I then looked to see what year NSX Hugh was driving. NSX Prime said his was a 1993, so I thought I might be OK to order the part since it worked for him. However, before I did that I went to check on Delray's site for the part number Hugh used for his left front sensor. Delray's site said THAT part number for the left front covered ALL years from 1991-2005. Does anyone know if the part offered by Delray will work for my 1992 NSX or where I can get a sensor that will work? Thank you. Best, Mike

57470-SL0-020 SENSOR ASSY., R. RR. is what you want. In 1995 the bracket on this sensor was modified to accomodate the secondary 02 sensor wiring. This metal bracket is longer and has a bend in it vs. the original sensor that is no longer available. A quick bend of the bracket on the new style sensor and it will fit fine;).

HTH,
LarryB

Replacing the sensor worked for me, too. I installed the new sensor today and it worked fine on a short 3 mile test drive. The lights used to come on within 100 feet before, so I'm pretty sure replacing the sensor was the answer. As Larry said, bending the top bracket is all that is needed to make the new RR sensor fit a pre-1995 NSX... and is certainly the quickest solution. You can also remove the bracket from the old sensor and use that one. They come off very easily.

Back