• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AC fuse frustration

2 minor items

The bolts for the brace call for green threadlock, Can I use blue or red instead or should I try and find the green. AutoZone doesn't carry the green.

Also The Magnetic coil to the compressor wire didn't come with the connector on the end of the wire. Can I cut it off and solder the connector to the wire and the heat shrink the covering on or is there a way to take the wire out of the connector and hook the new wire to the old connector.

Thanks for input
Glenn

Most people seem to say that crimped connections are better to soldered ones in an environment with vibration. You can get crimp butt connectors with waterproof heat shrink sleeves. I imagine you'd be fine either way though.

I'd use the blue threadlock. Actually I'd probably leave it out due to negligence but using blue should do you right.

Well its over

I never could get that middle bolt out of the crossmember. I'll take it in to Johans Hondura to get it done. Its actually a relief to make the decision to take it in.

Now on another note Does anyone have a picture of their 6 disk CD changer in the trunk, particularly a pic of all the mounting hardware?

Thanks Guys for all your help with the Magnetic coil/compressor clutch issue. I still think I could have done it if I could have gotten to it

Glenn

To remove the beam(front motor mount), I typically go from the bottom. I use a 17mm socket with a universal adapter and an extension. To get the bolt to slide out, you may need to move the beam slightly uop and down, so the bolt will slide out. The service manaul recommends you remove the three bolts holding the front motor mount to the block, but I have never had to do it that way. Reassembly can be more of a challange, especially with headers.

Hi Larry

I tried for 2 hours to even get to the bolt. I could never get a socket on it. I'm going to take it in to an Acura Mechanic and let them do it. I had been feeling confident in my abilities because I have fixed a few nagging issues and the guys here had given me some great advise but this was a failure.

Now the only thing I have left to do besides the AC compressor coil is put my Changer back in the trunk and its been 3 weeks since I took it out I can't remember how I got it out. LOL
BTW Willmans fixed it for me. The reason I had it fixed is because everything on the car is original and I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks, Glenn

Hi, Glenn.
Seems like you don't have access to the workshop manual???
If so, you can find it in the NSX Wiki at the top banner of this page and the manual is located under the 'Repairing Your NSX' section.

The zipped version is not complete but very useful as 100s of pages are linked each other.
You may want downloading both zipped version (ver.91-96 and ver.97-05) regardless of your year model.

For the front beam, you've already tried and decided that it's something you are not comfortable with the tools you have so good decision in letting someone to do it for you.
Next time, with the information on the workshop manual, you may be able to set your limit higher than this time.
There is always a first time so please give it a go as long as it's safe to do so.

The compressor removal process is in the HVAC chapter. Front beam removal is covered in several places but it is probably best if you read through the Engine Removal/Installation procedures.

For the CD changer, you can find basic info in the 'CD Changer Removal' section under 'Body Electrical' chapter in the ver.97-05, page 23-32.

I have the English version of installation manual but don't want causing copyright issue on here so just sent you PM.

Kaz

Thanks Kaz I do have the manual downloaded The crossmember removal was in section 5 and the compressor in section 23
But I couldn't find anything on the CD. thanks for the reference on the CD, ill check that out

Glenn

Hello, so what is the current update and status of your troubles? Did you get it fixed? If so, what did you repair / replace?

Back