• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AC not cold on a stop

I just added more freon to my car because it wasn't cold at all. Lately, i've been realizing that i only feel AC being cold when my car is in motion. When my car is in traffic or a stop, AC is blowing warm/humid air. Is it the fan in front of the car not working(sucking air to the AC compressor unit)? Can anyone help me out??? The darn summer heat is starting to bug the crap out of me!!!! THX Guys!!!

Yes, My guess would be the consendsor fan(s) and/or fuse(s), as well.

Some info (including references to specific pages in the service manual) is in the FAQ. Scroll down to the "Blown Fuses / Bad Cooling Fans (not vent fans)" heading.

Good luck.

The problem will be the condenser fans--probably just blown fuses. Go to front of the car and you will see the condenser's at each corner behind the bumper--if u hear no fan on either side, then open up the hood and check each 10amp fuse for the condensers--one or both are likely blown---Please advise on the outcome----u can find this info in the FAQ---Troubleshooting---Climate Control

Ok TY guys.....yea, it was one of my 10A fuses that went bad causing the fan to not suck in air when the car is not in motion.
Now, i can enjoy the summer drives without losing 10 lbs from sweating!!!! TY once again for all the help.

Kyosuke8 said:
Ok TY guys.....yea, it was one of my 10A fuses that went bad causing the fan to not suck in air when the car is not in motion.
Now, i can enjoy the summer drives without losing 10 lbs from sweating!!!! TY once again for all the help.

can you be more specific as to where the 10A fuse is?

Kyosuke8 said:

Be careful, though. A fuse doesn't blow for no reason. You may have a bad winding in your fan that is blowing the fuse.
Keep an eye on it and keep cool!!!:D

SilverOne said:
can you be more specific as to where the 10A fuse is?

Open the front hood. On the upper left hand corner you should see a box with silver little squares. This is the location of where fuses 36 and 37 are. The picture on your fuse box, will not show fuse locations 36 and 37 but rather right/condenser and left condenser.

If you open the plastic box, it will reveal a box of brightly colored plastic fuses.

I am totally amazed by this post. I've always wondered if the NSX AC is just poor as I too had problems with the car's AC while the car was idling. This evening, I went downstairs to check my fuses and low and behold! My 36 and 37 fuses were blown too!

Incidentally, you can tell if a fuse is blown by visual inspection.

The link below describes how fuses work in general and how one can inspect a fuse (scroll all the way down for an image of a blown fuse).

http://www.howstuffworks.com/wfc2.htm

Last edited:
Silverone----I had a post in another thread you were in giving the location of the fuses---how soon we forget..

Hyuan---NOOOOOO---the fuses blow for any little reason--anything that stops the fan even momentarily will blow the fuse--you can drive thru a mud puddle and that is sometimes enough to slow the fans---this was also in another thread or maybe the FAQ---the FAQ Troubleshooting---Climate Control also gives fan location and fuse location I believe.....

Back