• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AC Problem

It's hot as hell in Texas and my AC is having issues. When I first start the car it takes about a minute for the fan to start blowing. Once it starts blowing its fine, but the delay seems to be getting longer and longer. 1 minute may not seem long, but in 100 degree weather (inside of the car well over 120) it's pretty brutal. Plus, I just am curious why my AC is acting this way and if there is a deeper issue.

Anyone have any idea why my AC fan is taking so long to start? It happens both if I have it on auto or if I manual set the fan to a certain knob setting besides AUTO.

Thanks, Andy

I personally did not have this problem. It might be because of the gradient between outside and your setting that is causing it. Can you try with higher setting like 90 on a/c and try? and/or let your car run in motion for few mins before you switch on? Just a thought as I know some electronics do this to protect. Like my infiniti speakers in cold weather does not come up until few mins of warming up esp with high vol setting.

I personally did not have this problem. It might be because of the gradient between outside and your setting that is causing it. Can you try with higher setting like 90 on a/c and try? and/or let your car run in motion for few mins before you switch on? Just a thought as I know some electronics do this to protect. Like my infiniti speakers in cold weather does not come up until few mins of warming up esp with high vol setting.

I don't think that is the problem because it also happens the first thing in the morning when my car has been in the garage all night. In the past, the fan started blowing even if my car was baking in the texas heat for an entire day.

I just tried what you suggested. On high it blows immediately. However, on any other fan speed or on auto the delay occurs and it seems to be getting longer.

Have you seen this issue before?

Thanks, Andy

I just tried what you suggested. On high it blows immediately. However, on any other fan speed or on auto the delay occurs and it seems to be getting longer.

Thanks, Andy

Look at the link in his signature line, that should tell you all you need to know. From what I've read on here in the short time I've been around, he is the man when it comes to rebuilding the climate control unit.

Thanks, Andy

I have not seen this issue it because when I get the CCU for repair it is fully failed. I would be happy put your CCU on my test fixture and see if I can replicate the problem.

It's hot as hell in Texas and my AC is having issues. When I first start the car it takes about a minute for the fan to start blowing. Once it starts blowing its fine, but the delay seems to be getting longer and longer. 1 minute may not seem long, but in 100 degree weather (inside of the car well over 120) it's pretty brutal. Plus, I just am curious why my AC is acting this way and if there is a deeper issue.

Anyone have any idea why my AC fan is taking so long to start? It happens both if I have it on auto or if I manual set the fan to a certain knob setting besides AUTO.

Thanks, Andy

Dont forget the AC system will do a self diagnostic test: Check out the on-line manual here>Climate Control Section
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991_svcman/1991servman.pdf

Also further info here>
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/climate_control.htm

The AC display will give you a fault code/icon which you can then match up against the on-line manual as a hint to what might be wrong. I also think one of the respondents in this thread can service the CCU (BrianK)

Last edited:
Back