• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX NA2 vs Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06

That's a fair reason and I call your fraternity the $90k to $500k club! I and many others buy sports cars to drive and experience the most we can get for our money, and the new Z06 is by far the ultimate buy! If wanting to be visually different is your preference I can totally understand your choice, but I prefer being different all right - "in performance," it gives me much more pleasure because it happens everytime and everywhere I drive the car. I guess you can say one is pleasing to the onlookers and the other is pleasing to the driver, I prefer the latter! :biggrin:

I would venture to say if both were parked in a crowd of people and a choice was given as to which one they would want to drive the most, hands down the Z06 would be at the top of the list without a doubt! :wink:

EFE Z06

ok, don't get me wrong here- i think the new z06 is the best bang for the buck in the current market and the c5 z06 was in it's time as well. however...i would have to strongly disagree with you about your last paragraph above. i've owned z06's before and can buy one now as well. i see them everywhere outside. when an nsx is seen it's a whole different world. everyone wants to be seen with it, take pictures with it, and drive it. the end game is this, the z06 looks like every other c5 out there unless you are an enthusiast. a true enthusiast would recognize both cars for what they are. the z06 is a great track car, i would never buy it for dd. the nsx is a good track car as well, but not in the same class as the z06 currently. on the streets the nsx stand out and easily be more reliable. compare the new z06 with the new nsx when it comes out. compare 18 year old technology w/corvettes 18 year old technology. the zr-1 was great, but it was a complete pig.

ok, don't get me wrong here- i think the new z06 is the best bang for the buck in the current market and the c5 z06 was in it's time as well. however...i would have to strongly disagree with you about your last paragraph above. i've owned z06's before and can buy one now as well. i see them everywhere outside. when an nsx is seen it's a whole different world. everyone wants to be seen with it, take pictures with it, and drive it. the end game is this, the z06 looks like every other c5 out there unless you are an enthusiast. a true enthusiast would recognize both cars for what they are. the z06 is a great track car, i would never buy it for dd. the nsx is a good track car as well, but not in the same class as the z06 currently. on the streets the nsx stand out and easily be more reliable. compare the new z06 with the new nsx when it comes out. compare 18 year old technology w/corvettes 18 year old technology. the zr-1 was great, but it was a complete pig.

Well, why don't you tell us your real feelings?

:biggrin:

I have to disagree with your opinion big time! But that's why you love your car and I prefer mine. I could have bought a new 2005 NSX, but it just doesn't have any guts. As I said earlier, my Z06 draws lookers almost everywhere I park it, maybe they just haven't seen enough NSX's??? :wink:

EFE Z06

Last edited:
At one time I would have said the NSX interior is far superior to the Corvette, but now I would say it is better but not enough to be significant. The exterior paint ? NSX is better but the Corvette is improving...

I agree.

EFE Z06 said:
The comments about the far better build quality and reliability the NSX has over the Corvette is simply hogwash based on past history and not comparing it with a new C6 Corvette, these models are vastly better built cars than in the past, as well as many other Chevy models...

You're going to lose a lot of credibility starting out with comments like that. I'm not sure what "past history" you're looking at but you realize you're basically saying the reliability difference between a hand-built Honda and a GM production line car is negligible? Come on now... If there is any data supporting this I would love to see it.

EFE Z06 said:
I think that's just about everything a sports car buyers desires other than rarity or exclusivity that some prefer...

I agree. Oh, and reliability and comfort.

EFE ZO6, I am not a fan of American cars. But I have basically praised the C6 ZO6 throughout this thread. I think you're fighting an uphill battle which you are probably going to lose comparing the NSX to the ZO6. The ZO6's only advantage over the NSX is performance and a very slight price difference. That's it. I would concentrate on those strengths.

The reason most people here purchased their NSXs was because the most important things to them were balance in performance, reliability, exclusivity, looks and comfort. These are things that the ZO6 doesn't necessarily provide. Sure, it's lightning quick around a track and many NSX owners might be swayed by that but most will never trade in their NSX for a ZO6 or even spend $75K on a ZO6.

The NSX may have it's weaknesses but those can be remedied. A CTSC NSX-R is going to give the C6 ZO6 a run for it's money. Sure that's not a stock to stock comparison but both the CTSC and Type-R suspension are Honda endorsed. For just a little more, say $90-$95K, you've put the NSX on an even playing field in every way.

As great as the ZO6 is, and it is great, I personally would rather spend the $95K on a CTSC NSX-R than go with the ZO6. I would certainly not hold your breath anticipating the long-term reliability of the ZO6 is going to be anywhere near that of a Honda. I think the extra $10-20K is a totally justified
premium considering the exclusivity and reliability it provides. Especially if that car was one you were expecting to keep and drive regularly for the next 30 years as I am with my NSX.

I have driven a 2007 ZO6.

The car has incredible torque and power like a purpose built race car. There is little that compare to its raw, stunning power and I have driven a whole lot of cars in my life.

The impression I got driving it was very big and creaky car and not the kind of feel I have come to enjoy or expect from a sports car. It just doesn't feel nice. It was powerful and mean but did not give the feel that you and the car are one like a glove, like it's an extension of you.
There' this big powerful engine that is ready to explode but it doesn't feel balanced. The feeling I got was that the rest of the car was not up to the power. In the hands of a real professional, it delivers and will slay the competition. In the hands of 99% of the rest of the world you have a car that is ready to spin the ass out in front of you or to the side in almost any gear if you punch it to the floor. Say your prayers if the traction control is off. Don't have the seat too far back because if you hit it hard you get thrown back and won't reach the pedals.

BTW have owned several previous generation Corvettes.

I have a CTSC NSX and up against this car it feels like 5yr old kid vs. a pro linebacker. My point is this: We just came back from a weekend at LimeRock with Porsche, NSX and Corvette Corrals. If you at random picked out three of the cars, say a C6 ZO6, a 911 and a NA2 NSX I highly doubt the Vette would keep up or even stay on that track with the other two because it is too much to handle and control for the folks that buy them. It demands more skill than most have.

In the hands of a pro it will destroy the competition and a NSX NA won't touch it. Not even close.

In the hands of most of the folks that buy them they are a ticking bomb. I feel that for the average buyer, on a track, they will go faster, have more control, be safer and have more fun in stock C6 or a NA2 NSX.

We all think we are great drivers but for the C6 ZO6 you better be one if you push it or you will be a unhappy owner of a crashed car, if you live.

I don't advise anyone to street race but be extra careful if you dice it up with a C6 ZO6. The car is a handful and you don't want it to spin into you if the driver gets excited, anxious and can't handle it.

Owning 500lb monster sounds cool until the monster lets you know you're not the boss if you get cocky.

This thread has been entertaining. I have to say that this is an apples to orange comparison. It is true that the Z06 is the best bang for its buck out there (very few people will deny that) however they are just 2 different cars that feel and drive different. People will appreciate each car for their strong points and hate them for their weak ones. Even if the z06 outperforms the NSX in every category, certain people will choose the NSX for other reasons and it could be something as minor as having non functional cupholders and a outdated cassette player :biggrin: to feeling like they are in a spectacular piece of engineering designed by Ayrton Senna. Whatever the case might be people will choose certain cars over another for their own personal reasons.

The car has incredible torque and power like a purpose built race car. There is little that compare to its raw, stunning power and I have driven a whole lot of cars in my life.

The impression I got driving it was very big and creaky car and not the kind of feel I have come to enjoy or expect from a sports car. It just doesn't feel nice. It was powerful and mean but did not give the feel that you and the car are one like a glove, like it's an extension of you.
There' this big powerful engine that is ready to explode but it doesn't feel balanced. The feeling I got was that the rest of the car was not up to the power. In the hands of a real professional, it delivers and will slay the competition. In the hands of 99% of the rest of the world you have a car that is ready to spin the ass out in front of you or to the side in almost any gear if you punch it to the floor. Say your prayers if the traction control is off. Don't have the seat too far back because if you hit it hard you get thrown back and won't reach the pedals.

I have a CTSC NSX and up against this car it feels like 5yr old kid vs. a pro linebacker. My point is this: We just came back from a weekend at LimeRock with Porsche, NSX and Corvette Corrals. If you at random picked out three of the cars, say a C6 ZO6, a 911 and a NA2 NSX I highly doubt the Vette would keep up or even stay on that track with the other two because it is too much to handle and control for the folks that buy them. It demands more skill than most have.

In the hands of a pro it will destroy the competition and a NSX NA won't touch it. Not even close.

In the hands of most of the folks that buy them they are a ticking bomb. I feel that for the average buyer, on a track, they will go faster, have more control, be safer and have more fun in stock C6 or a NA2 NSX.

We all think we are great drivers but for the C6 ZO6 you better be one if you push it or you will be a unhappy owner of a crashed car, if you live.

I don't advise anyone to street race but be extra careful if you dice it up with a C6 ZO6. The car is a handful and you don't want it to spin into you if the driver gets excited, anxious and can't handle it.

Owning 500lb monster sounds cool until the monster lets you know you're not the boss if you get cocky.

That's a great point.

I have been seeing and observing this as well. The caveat "in the hands of a capable driver" has been very closely associated with the C6 ZO6 since it's introduction. There are very few ZO6 owners who would be able to beat even a "competent" NSX driver on any track except Monza or some super high-speed track.

The NSX is a car that less skilled drivers can drive quickly. The ZO6 is a car that only skilled drivers can drive quickly. I'm sure the Ford GT, F430, 911TT all fall into the NSXs category to some degree. The average driver is probably going to be able to go faster than the ZO6 in any of those cars but a skilled driver will be fastest in the ZO6.

I'll agree with much of what you said pbassjo, simply because there are people out there with more money than brains or driving abilities! Since the Z06 was released and received a ton of publicity as a super car, a whole lot of guys with lots of money shot out to the dealers and bought them as soon as they could (paying $20k to $30k over MSRP), some never owning a fast sports car in their life. A few of these guys wrecked them in the first few months, I couldn't believe how many wrecks we were reading about on the Corvette sites.

I and many other experienced sports car drivers warned new owners to take it easy and learn how the car reacts before they start hitting the pedal to the metal (or to the carbon fiber), and also warned them to absolutely not turn off the traction control or active handling, they didn't listen! No doubt this can be one of the most dangerous or most exhilarating cars on the road depending on your driving skills. Once the handling is mastered, the Z06 has few cars anywhere in the world that can match it on the street.

Owning mine for over a year and a half, I would say it took a good part of the first year learning its race car characteristics and handling limits and they were far beyond anything I had ever driven previously. One of the best changes I made soon after purchasing the car was a second set of wheels with Michelin tires, they made a gigantic difference in handling at higher speeds and that was a area of criticism by some of the magazine reviews when they tested the car with the stock Good Year tires, even though it still produced incredible track times.

I agree 100% that the Z06 isn't for everybody, but for the experienced sports car driver with a little time behind the wheel - nothing compares unless you spend six digits starting with a number like 3 or 4! When driving normal and civilized, it drives like a standard Corvette and several Corvette owners who drove it totally agree. Several friends use theirs as everyday back and forth to work cars. :rolleyes:

EFE Z06

Last edited:
I was sitting behind a Corvette ZR-1 the other day. I think they made these in the early 90's. Anyhooo..it was the "Z06" of the day. It was probably faster than my '91 NSX but I did not feel envious of that guy in any way. In fact, it looked like any other late 80's/early 90's vette. (c4, right?). If I wasn't a die hard car guy, it would have gone unnoticed.

And that's what keeps me from seriously looking at the new Z06. I'm sorry...it's just not exotic enough. With the Z07 around the corner, the Z06 will be quickly forgotten. The NSX on the other hand is timeless.

As others have mentioned, its not just about performance #'s....it's about how you feel about the car.

I think only diehard chevy/corvette fans can truly fall in love with the Z06.

Would you buy it if it had an NSX engine in it? Probably not. And that basically sums it up.

(And nothing against the Z06, it's a fantastic car..amazing even, but not for me.)

I think only diehard chevy/corvette fans can truly fall in love with the Z06.

I'm neither a diehard or dedicated Chevy lover and I haven't owned but four Corvettes out of over 20 sports cars in the last 42 years. A '63 and '65 in the early 1970's and a '01 C5 in 2003 for 3 months. My long lists of cars (over 30) consisted mainly of Japanese cars and if they produce another affordable, fast and good handling sports car in the future I could very well buy one, but I'm really spoiled and it will have to perform better than most on the market now!

As stated earlier I've been keeping track of the Lexus LF-A and think it may be a promising candidate for many if they keep the price down to its original estimate, but as it draws closer to its release date, the price keeps creeping up and $150k is out of bounds in my opinion! I'll stick with the new Blue Devil or C7 Z06 before spending that much on a Toyota, exotic and reliable or not!

:smile:

EFE Z06

The NSX on the other hand is timeless.

As others have mentioned, its not just about performance #'s....it's about how you feel about the car.

this is a great post.....performance has now increased to the point where the numbers a car can click off in a mag comparo are irrelavent. How a car feels, sounds, and looks are the most relavent factors.

The Z06 is a stunning performance car but when are you going to use that capability? It seems like waste to buy a car primary because of an unusable performance envelope.

...nothing compares unless you spend six digits starting with a number like 3 or 4!

I've read every single word in this thread so far. Everyone has their points to make, valid/invalid, proven/unproven. But, "nothing compares [with the Z06] unless you spend $300,000 to $400,000"?!? Come on. :rolleyes:

When are you going to use that capability? It seems like waste to buy a car primary because of an unusable performance envelope.

Well if performance wasn't a factor and desired by buyers then the new cars wouldn't be getting better and faster, but the fact is performance is a factor and a big one! You guys try to make excuses that the NSX is all one needs or can handle performance wise, that's only because you don't have more power!

If Acura had slipped a 450HP V8 in the NSX in the last model year, owners would have been raving not only about its good looks and handling but the extra power would have made every other NSX seem obsolete. Once you have it you aren't going to be satisfied with anything less, so stop trying to convince people 500HP is overkill because it isn't! All the Japanese car makers are shooting for just that kind of horsepower rating in their future sports cars, why would they build cars with power that can't be used? Because performance does make a difference and in three or four years I'll venture to say all you guys will be eating your words. :smile:

EFE Z06

I've read every single word in this thread so far. Everyone has their points to make, valid/invalid, proven/unproven. But, "nothing compares [with the Z06] unless you spend $300,000 to $400,000"?!? Come on. :rolleyes:

oh i thought he was talking about the ferrari 355 or the f430. i personally would take a viper, nsx, or elise over the z06 anyday. and that costs close to the same amount. plus it has exotic appeal and actually stands out in a crowd. and comparing a z06 to the ferraris...c'mon- really? the confirmation of a v10 in the new nsx will steal the fire from under the z06, not to mention the upcoming skyline gtr, and the supra replacement. no- i'm not a fanboy, just that i remember when the viper came out and everyone was saying that american cars are back. then everything else came out 2 years later.

Well if performance wasn't a factor and desired by buyers then the new cars wouldn't be getting better and faster, but the fact is performance is a factor and a big one! You guys try to make excuses that the NSX is all one needs or can handle performance wise, that's only because you don't have more power!

obviously performance is desired by buyers. my point is that we have reached the point performance wise where additional HP isn't going to make a car more enjoyable on the street. I think that as long as more HP is offered people will always upgrade.....it's a similiar concept to "little man's complex". Go over to the corvette forum and check out the C6 owners and how butthurt they are that the new model has more power for an example.

Now, if you can build a car that is more beautifull, detailed, lighter and more intricate with superior vehicle dynamics then you have something.....It's called the NSX.

PS. go to the gallery and look at the shots of the NSX's chassis and suspension and think about what really makes a car a joy to own and drive.

oh i thought he was talking about the ferrari 355 or the f430. i personally would take a viper, nsx, or elise over the z06 anyday. and that costs close to the same amount. plus it has exotic appeal and actually stands out in a crowd. and comparing a z06 to the ferraris...c'mon- really?

Well, that might be your opinion but it ain't reality, the Viper guys try to sell the same rarity story you NSX owners sell! We had a car show here in Prescott a few weeks ago and low and behold two beautiful silver sports cars showed up and were the attention of the show, my Z06 and a 550HP Viper. Both drew attention and we (the owners) listen to hundreds of comments from onlookers. I can honestly say the large majority of people said they would take the Z06 over the Viper if given to them, and they said it in front of both of us owners. They did liked the looks of the Viper as well as the Z06, but most knew the Z06 had much more technology and many wanted to see one in person. A majority crowded around the Z06 for most of the show, so it seemed the rarity of the Viper wasn't enough?

I have a large brochure I stick in my window listing many of the high tech advancements the Z06 has, people who hadn't read about them were amazed to read it. Many couldn't believe a car with a hand built 427 engine, aluminum frame, magnesium engine cradle & roof, carbon fiber fenders & floor and all aluminum suspension could sell for under $75k, now they have a whole new appreciation for the Corvette!

:wink:

EFE Z06

Well, that might be your opinion but it ain't reality, the Viper guys try to sell the same rarity story you NSX owners sell! We had a car show here in Prescott a few weeks ago and low and behold two beautiful silver sports cars showed up and were the attention of the show, my Z06 and a 550HP Viper. Both drew attention and we (the owners) listen to hundreds of comments from onlookers. I can honestly say the large majority of people said they would take the Z06 over the Viper if given to them, and they said it in front of both of us owners. They did liked the looks of the Viper as well as the Z06, but most knew the Z06 had much more technology and many wanted to see one in person. A majority crowded around the Z06 for most of the show, so it seemed the rarity of the Viper wasn't enough?

I have a large brochure I stick in my window listing many of the high tech advancements the Z06 has, people who hadn't read about them were amazed to read it. Many couldn't believe a car with a hand built 427 engine, aluminum frame, magnesium engine cradle & roof, carbon fiber fenders & floor and all aluminum suspension could sell for under $75k, now they have a whole new appreciation for the Corvette!

:wink:

EFE Z06

die thread die !!!!

obviously performance is desired by buyers. my point is that we have reached the point performance wise where additional HP isn't going to make a car more enjoyable on the street.

PS. go to the gallery and look at the shots of the NSX's chassis and suspension and think about what really makes a car a joy to own and drive.

I reached that point with my 300ZXTT. With over 500rwhp, it could not be "enjoyed" on the street as much as I would have liked. I ended up selling and moving into a slower NSX. The NSX on the street is a great car. I remember a review that stuck in my mind. They were reviewing the Bugatti EB110. At the very end of the review, the author wrote that he "would rather drive an NSX at 10/10ths on back roads than the Bugatti at 6/10ths".

BTW, I raced a C6 Z06 from a stoplight yesterday. He couldn't pass me from stoplight to stoplight... of course I was in the Syclone, not the NSX. It puts every one of it's 280hp to the ground.

That being said, I think the stock Z06 has a good balance of hp for the street. The handling is awesome and it appears to give a great driving experience, I have not had the opportunity to drive one. And a great driving experience is what we are all after, whether it's with 300hp or 500hp. I like the looks of them as well. Both the NSX and Z06 have a good "presence" on the street. An interesting note is that one of the owners of Autovation worked on the C6-R suspension design and another worked on the upcoming 600+hp engine.

I purchased my NSX with the intent to add forced induction because at the time I "perceived a lack of hp". Someone on Prime said to wait 6 months before making any modifications. I did that and am glad that I did. After driving it on the street, I did not feel the need for more hp. I added an exhaust mainly for sound and have been very happy with the car. I also get many compliments when I go to the Corvette meets.

112_0510_01l+2006_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06+Front_Passenger_Side_View.jpg

2006_Dodge_Viper_ext_1.jpg

They have many similar styling cues IMO.

EFE ZO6, many of us have owned Corvettes, I've own several, and most could certainly afford a C6 ZO6 . If the attributes that you find so appealing in the ZO6 were inspiring enough to me one would be in the driveway.
I drove one, could have one tomorrow, actually tonight for that matter if I wanted, but I don't want one. It just didn't float my boat.

I appreciate the car, just not enough to buy one. I'll add a 355 Ferrari, a 911 Porsche or a Cayman, a Vintage E-Type Jaguar or a Vintage British car like a MG or Triumph instead. If given one I would trade it for one of the previous.
Not trying to be mean, just it's way down the list for me, if it's even on it at all.

It's like trying to sell you on a girl you don't want to go out with.

Enjoy and bravo for finding what "fits" for you.

Not everyone digs big boobs.:biggrin:

Jeez guys, why does this thread even exist? It's like comparing a Hummer to a Porche Cayenne. Two vehicles, same class, VERY different result.

The Z06 is an amazing machine. Put a prancing horse on it and lose the vinyl, and you'd have a $400k car. Cheers to GM for creating such a machine.

Now... if I were a lowly Viper owner, the original American beast, I'd feel pretty stupid now. H1 vs. H2 comparison there.

Re: Acura NSX NA vs Chevrolet Corvette C Z

Jeez guys, why does this thread even exist? It's like comparing a Hummer to a Porche Cayenne. Two vehicles, same class, VERY different result.

The Z06 is an amazing machine. Put a prancing horse on it and lose the vinyl, and you'd have a $400k car. Cheers to GM for creating such a machine.

Now... if I were a lowly Viper owner, the original American beast, I'd feel pretty stupid now. H1 vs. H2 comparison there.

Take out the interior, put some rubber on, put on some stickers and do a few mods to the intake and exhaust and you'll have a full blown race car but NOT a Ferrari. GM is not going into Formula One and Ferrari isn't going into NASCAR any time soon.

The current Viper is not lowly by any means and certainly in the same league in terms of performance. Chrysler is not campaigning now, it did and may never again. GM goes hot and then cold with it's racing commitment too. Corvette fans are a breed of car lovers of a certain performance model/profile and this is their time in the sun. They got what they wanted and are loving it as well they should. They were kicked around for a long time and didn't have a car that could compete at the level they dominate now.

If a ZO6 could pass a blindfold test against a 3 or 400,000 Ferrari or Lamborghini and provide the same driving experience I'd have one.
Drive both and after ,if you feel they're the same except for the emblem, run right out and get one. I would.

I love my NSX. It is a benchmark car that has been discontinued that I will keep and enjoy as long as possible. It had it's day in the sun too but time marches on.

If I was a Vette lover I would own a C6 ZO6 and keep it forever too and a, 1956, 1962, 1967 Tri-Power, 1971 LT1, 1987 Callaway TT, and a ZR1 too.:biggrin:

Re: Acura NSX NA vs Chevrolet Corvette C Z

If a ZO6 could pass a blindfold test against a 3 or 400,000 Ferrari or Lamborghini and provide the same driving experience I'd have one. Drive both and after ,if you feel they're the same except for the emblem, run right out and get one. I would.

I agree that this thread has probably ran its course and now is getting repetitious. :tongue:

A couple of you guys are misquoting my words regarding my comparison to $300k to $400k cars. I wasn't talking about the quality of the workmanship, those cars obviously offer finer appointments and more exotic body styles, but few can match the performance of the Z06 and that was my point. Even the Enzo at $1m is only a few tenths quicker (0 to 60mph) and 20mph faster top end. The Porsche Carrera GT at $450k a copy is only a couple of tenths quicker (0 to 60) and 5 to 8mph faster top end. I mean come on, give credit where credit is due? Show some reviews of production cars under $300k with track specs like the Z06, I mean they are rare if any at all?

Here is a video of a Porsche vs. Z06, it isn't like there is a big difference in performance - actually very little!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4LhRT_Mn5o

Take a look at where Ferrari's and Lamborghini's are on this chart .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times

Here is a Ferrari 430 vs. Z06 on the track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec-ZDGjPFfg&mode=related&search=

Z06 vs. aftermarket super cars
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0606_performance_sports_coupe_comparison/

I hope you get my point?

:biggrin:

EFE Z06

Last edited:
I don't see what the big deal is, most people just ask me what kind of body kit I have on my corvette anyway :tongue:

Comparing the NSX to the C6 Z06 is weird, everyone has an idea of how they want their sportscar to feel / drive. Its like comparing a gorgeous and smart brunette to a blond with really big implants :) Some people choose one, some people choose the other, and some people would get both if they could afford it :cool:

yes I agree that the Z06 is a truly capable car but its just not built like a Honda is. There are many Z06's running around on the streets of Dubai and what's funny is that Chevrolet still does the heavy marketing and sales pitch for these cars trying to sell them. Actually you get free car insurance for a year and an extended warranty thrown in which signals to me they aren't selling.

Never ever saw Acura do any sort of promotional campaign on an NSX off the showroom floor!

Sorry I have to do this to the Corvette owners (sort of like hitting a bees nest and expecting the sting to come)...

This is my quick observation on Chevrolet Corvette Quality which is exactly why I'm an NSX owner as opposed to the Z06 (Trust me I can afford to have both).

Corvette Forum Quick glance of topics for the Z06 on the first page (I didn't bother to read any of them):

Corvette banned in Europe
Not too happy about the test drive
New Paint looking weird
Z06 Roof Repair
Roof Repair and fly's off again
Oil Level Concern
Recall's and TSB's
Engine Misfire

Now if you research Recalls for the 2006 Z06 specifically you have the following:

Campaign Number: 06V181000 Date: 2006-May-24

Component: Structure: Body: Roof And Pillars

Defect Summary: ON CERTAIN 2005-2006 CHEVROLET CORVETTES EQUIPPED WITH PAINTED ROOFS, THE ADHESIVE BETWEEN THE ROOF PANEL AND THE FRAME MAY SEPARATE.

Consequence Summary: IF THERE IS A COMPLETE SEPARATION, THE ROOF PANEL MAY DETACH FROM THE VEHICLE AND IT COULD STRIKE ANOTHER VEHICLE AND CAUSE INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE.

Corrective Summary: DEALERS WILL INSPECT VEHICLES FREE OF CHARGE FOR POTENTIAL ROOF PANEL-TO- FRAME SEPARATION AND ADD THE SPECIFIED ADHESIVE FOAM OR REPLACE THE ROOF WITH ONE HAVING ADHESIVE FOAM. THE RECALL BEGAN ON OCTOBER 19, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-243

Second Recall:

Campaign Number: 05V455000 Date: 2005-Oct-05

Component: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Hose, Piping, And Connections

Defect Summary: CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT WITH A POWER STEERING HOSE THAT IS NOT TO SPECIFICATION. UNDER EXTREME STEERING MANEUVERS, SUCH AS TURNING THE STEERING WHEEL FULLY TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT WHILE BRAKING, THE HOSE MAY FRACTURE AND LEAK FLUID.

Consequence Summary: IF THIS WERE TO OCCUR, POWER STEERING ASSIST WOULD BE LOST AND INCREASED STEERING EFFORT WOULD BE REQUIRED. ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH HYDRO-BOOST POWER BRAKES, IT COULD ALSO RESULT IN LOSS OF POWER BRAKE ASSIST AND INCREASED BRAKING EFFORT WOULD BE REQUIRED. IF THE POWER STEERING FLUID SPRAY WERE TO SPRAY ONTO HOT ENGINE PARTS, AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE COULD OCCUR.

Corrective Summary: DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE POWER STEERING HOSE(S) FOR TWO SUSPECT DATE CODES AND REPLACE THEM IF REQUIRED. THE RECALL WILL BEGIN ON OCTOBER 14, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438, GMC AT 1-866-996-9463, BUICK AT 1-866-608-8080, CADILLAC AT 1-866-982-2339, ISUZU AT 1-800-255-6727, OR HUMMER AT 1-800-732-5493.

Here's a link to the paint problem on Z06's:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showpost.php?p=1559506331&postcount=24

Corvette banned in Europe
Not too happy about the test drive
New Paint looking weird
Z06 Roof Repair
Roof Repair and fly's off again
Oil Level Concern
Recall's and TSB's
Engine Misfire

You know jetpilot, anybody can make a long list of problems even with an NSX and make it look like all owners are having it, and thats what you've done here. Please be fair if you are going to start a mud war? Why don't you be honest and post the real article regarding Europe and not make it look like a Corvette problem! You obviously went on the Forum and read Corvette Banned in Europe without reading the actual link, here it is! It's not a Corvette problem but all performance sports cars!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601093&sid=aijQ0.2BMGw8&refer=home

Not too happy about the test drive?
One driver out of thousands says he wasn't happy with his first test drive and you post it as if it were something common, a poor excuse for do diligence!

Roof repair flies off again.
The Z06 loose roof was recalled by GM early and dealt with ASAP. Some dealers tried to glue the original roofs when they should have been changed, but some owner didn't want to wait for the new pieces, thus the problem with some repairs.

New Paint looking weird?
Should I go scan through NSX websites and list all the little complaints I find and treat them as if all NSX owners have them? That's what you have done to fuel the already biased opinions regarding Corvettes. Over 90% of all Z06 owners are very satisfied with their cars and the few problems some have had is noway indicative of the majority. At least GM is trying to address any problems that arise with the Z06 and is working hard to eliminate them for the future. No car is perfect (especially in the first year) and all one can expect is for the manufacturer to fix anything that comes up, and GM is doing a good job. I've had two minor problems and they were repaired quickly. My roof never was loose but GM recommended I take it in for a repair just to be safe.

Here is just a few NSX problems and recalls and these aren't from NSX forums, but website bulletins. Like I said, no car is perfect including the NSX.

1991 NSX Recall
http://www.automotive.com/1991/12/acura/nsx/recalls/index.html

1991 – 2005 Trouble spots
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1991-to-2005-acura-nsx-2.htm

2004 Repair information
http://www.mycarwizard.com/vehicles/2004-repair-information/2004-acura-nsx-32-mt.html#recalls

EFE Z06

Back